PDA

View Full Version : LOTR GT Rules

Pertinax
16-08-2006, 20:08
Well, the rules pack isn't up yet, but the info has come out.

700 points armies? 75 fig maximum? 8 games? Same timelimits?

Bejebus!

Lardidar
16-08-2006, 22:06
That seems like it will be a push to get done in time.

Maybe the extra 100 points may be used to add an 'elite' hero, they may then go on a killing spree and shorten the game time.

Having a Balrog and an army is now a real possibility :)

Mad Makz
17-08-2006, 01:50
That's an interesting change, but one I am not suprised about as they will undoubtedly want to push the game in more of the Warhammer/40K direction.

Same number of games and same time limit may be there undoing of course, but fast play by players who will hopefully be very experienced in the rules should help resolve this.

Pertinax
17-08-2006, 07:04
Last year I met a horde of 14 year olds on the second day. They were slow. Some of them deadly so.

I'm tempted to try to take an uber-character army, so as to avoid being penalized by slow opponents.

Neknoh
17-08-2006, 09:21
Pertinax, you know you can do it, you know that you can include a souped up Witch King and the Balrog in the same army as a Mordor Troll Chieftan!

Oh WHY does my friend have the BBB, I could easely have made a character heavy evil army, now, let's see... is it possible to squeeze both Sauron and the Balrog into those points?

Lardidar
17-08-2006, 15:36
Can you fit the full fellowship?

That is something I wanted to do.

Pertinax
17-08-2006, 19:41
Pertinax, you know you can do it, you know that you can include a souped up Witch King and the Balrog in the same army as a Mordor Troll Chieftan!

Oh WHY does my friend have the BBB, I could easely have made a character heavy evil army, now, let's see... is it possible to squeeze both Sauron and the Balrog into those points?

I know, and according to the LOME, there is a minimum of 3 figures in the army. SCORE!!!!!!!

Can you fit the full fellowship?

That is something I wanted to do.
iirc, the fellowship comes to about 750 points. But I could be wrong.

KingM
17-08-2006, 22:48
:cries:

I was hoping they wouldn't do this, it means I have a lot less chance of getting new armies done for it. Plus its going to be very difficult to get the games finished in the time limits. Its a learning curve I guess, if it doesn't work, they can always drop the points value back down or have less games next time

Oh, my current forces are so last season :( :rolleyes:

Pertinax
17-08-2006, 23:00
How the hell do you escape half an evil force from 75 good warriors?

And what about table size? If it remains 4x4, its' going to be really crowded!

KingM
17-08-2006, 23:12
But if they change it to 6*4, you can be fairly sure the evil guys aren't going to try to escape off the short board edges (as they're further away from the centre) and so you can concentrate on defending the long board edges

Pertinax
18-08-2006, 07:12
And get caught on the way, between more figures.