PDA

View Full Version : Who had to deal with the Nids.

blitz589
20-06-2005, 19:02
Who else besides Orks, Eldar, and the Imperium, had to deal with the Tyranids?
Orks vs Levithan
Eldar vs Kraken
Imperium vs Behmoth, and part of Levithan

TenTailedCat
20-06-2005, 19:06
I suspect that all races have encountered the Tyranids by now.
A few years ago there was a battle report about a Tau outpost that was watching Tyranids in deep space, presuming them to be "stellar grazers" (stupid Tau!), the Tyranids promply over-ran the outpost and the BR centered around the relief force from the Fire Caste who came to investigate.

Typheron
20-06-2005, 19:14
also given that the current assumption to the origin of the 'nids theres at least the contents of another galaxy unknown to us that have had to deal with them.

but as tentailedcat said, every race in the 40k galaxy has had to deal with the nids in some way.

Xisor
20-06-2005, 19:26
Dark Eldar, Chaos, Tau.

They've all encountered them. Tyranids will have crossed the path of a servant of chaos, devoured a world with a cult on it etc. DE are known to take Generstealers and other tyranid organisms captive as beasts for use in the arenas of Commoragh. Tau have encountered Genestealer cults and are known to have encountered hivefleets and such. Speaking of which, Chaos Cults are likely easy 'prey' for Genestealer cults, already established, organised...

The only ones I'm suspicious of are Necrons, Tyranids are noted to travel *around* Necron worlds rather than move *to* them. Necron worlds tend to be dead though, so Nids wouldn't go near them. Check the diagram at the back of the Necron codex. I expect they'll have encountered them at somepoint.

Typheron
20-06-2005, 19:30
i would recon that the necrons have encoutered the 'nids, they may not have actually engaged them in open warfare but im sure they know that there there.

in sayign that how many worlds have the 'nids devoured, quite a few i would think and theres a good chance of dormant necron complexes being on at least one or two of them.

Jeru
20-06-2005, 22:21
if you check out the map in the 3rd edition nid book you can see the path the hive fleets took, and in the new book it gives you some pretty good background on the orc/human encounters.

x-esiv-4c
21-06-2005, 20:17
Tau forces tangled with the horde didn't they, on a small level...Perhaps fragments of a splinter fleet.

Sephiroth
21-06-2005, 20:21
A few years ago there was a battle report about a Tau outpost that was watching Tyranids in deep space, presuming them to be "stellar grazers" (stupid Tau!), the Tyranids promply over-ran the outpost and the BR centered around the relief force from the Fire Caste who came to investigate.

I remember that! Adored it, because it was just so amusing, especially when the Earth Caste writer pondered what they fed upon! :D

Any chance you could post that little bit here? I lost my WD to to some vile curr. :cries:

TenTailedCat
21-06-2005, 23:00
I dug out my old White Dwarf issues just for you, Sephiroth.
Enjoy:

Data: message boat 16720/13 partitions 74.1 through 5.
Recieved: Bork'an Primary Orbital 12 c1.6 dilation c+/- 0.33 / redshift compensated))
Source : Fal'ryn Run'eor outpost secondary observation grid.
Format: 5/16 audio (exclusive) 74.63 degredation
Transcript: tertiary A.I.
subjective (verified)

Timestamp 002.06
"This is Fio'o Bork'an Tyr Mon'as. Senior incumbent of the Fal'ryn Fio caste Run'eor ...our medium ranger observation banks have detected the prescence of... a group of local stellar bodies, estimated at Is'o scale heading at a high speed through this system. All staff have been allocated to ascertain the nature of this event."

Timestamp: 003.74
"The bodies are biological! I have never seen anything like it... they are huge... creatures! My senior aides have theorised that they may be an interstellar grazer of some sort. Perhaps they feed on inta-system solar matter [ LOL! ], maybe they synthesise sustenance from the stellar winds themselves.. the notion seems fanciful but fills us with wonder. they are magnificent, certainly..."

Timestamp 004.37
"After spending three rotaas in the outer system, the bodies sent what can only be described as a scout, a small capsule, into the inner regions which made planetfall here four decs ago in the equatorial band of our major continent. I have sent a team to locate the pod, and if possible retrieve it for study. I must admit this is an unexpected turn of events... we initially credited only an animalistic intelligence to these bodies, but their dispatching a scout to the only inhabited world ina system of thirty-seven stable planetary spheres makes me unsure..."

Timestamp 005.67
"We have lost contact with the retrieval team. I am putting the station on alert but I do not forsee any event our Fire caste team could not contain."

Timestamp: 006.02
"Our primary transceiver has just gone off-line... the Fire warriors have been dispatched to investigate."

Timestamp 006.71
"...something has happend to the Fire warriors... I think there was some gunfire... all we could do pick up on the uplink was a repeated scream of "Mal'caor" as the transceiver is down I have decided to dispatch the message boat if anything else goes wrong."

Timestamp 006.71
"...there are creatures within the compound. We cannot identify them but they are predatory and highly mobile. They are slaughtering us... there is no reasoning with them. They seek only to feast on our corpses... they are... covered in spines and ichor... their limbs are like cruel blades... I, I do not think we can contain them for long... we are pulling back to the core shelter... we will hold out there as long as we can. This may be an unusual request from a Tau'o but please, if the Tau'va permits... plesase... please send help."

Timestamp 007.03
"...is the last message boat. I pray for the Tau'va it gets past those orbital monstrosities..."

Subjective A.I TRANSCRIPT ADDENDUM:
The final 0.0034 decs contain audio waveforms analogous to the movement patterns of mutiple limbed unclassified lifeforms. the final 0.0027 decs contain audio waveforms analogous to a Tau [7.76 probability subject is Fio'o bork'an Tyr Mon'as] experiencing adverse nervous stimulation, physiological trauma and fatal decapitation.

Sephiroth
22-06-2005, 09:16
I dug out my old White Dwarf issues just for you, Sephiroth.

I am indebted to you sir! :D

Lord Balor
22-06-2005, 09:27
Who Else But the Tau would send out Diplomats to a Horde of Hungry Nids...thier innocent niavty(sp?) amuses me! But as already stated, the Nids have made contact with all other races, but seem to be making an effort to avoid all things necron...