PDA

View Full Version : how to (safetly) kill Lucious the Eternal

Venenum
16-08-2006, 22:46
I've recently been trying to figure out a safe way for the Inquisition to kill Lucious (as in without the hole being possessed afterwards part)

so far the two ideas I've had are:

A) Have marines chop off his arms and legs monty python style. Lock up his head and body in stasis. I know it doesn't actually kill him, but it might neutralize him effectively.

B) start as per plan A, but rather than locking him in stasis, have him killed by a Culexus assassin. (Good luck possessing that!)

figure either of those might work?
any better ideas?

-Venenum

devolutionary
16-08-2006, 22:52
It only takes a martyr. They kill Lucius, then kill themselves. Either that, or you kill the host before they become Lucius. That may very well circumvent the gifts he has, since at that point he is not Lucius but still just a mook.

Lord Zarkov
16-08-2006, 23:00
I think the Culexeus (or another pariah) is the way to as Slaanesh can to naught in they way of getting lucius to posses them

Eideu
16-08-2006, 23:08
i was going to mention suicide bombing....but that would be in poor taste.
you could just lock yourself in a room and stave to death after killing him.or shoot your self at a star.
Or even better get a Ctan to kill him :D

cherubaul
16-08-2006, 23:17
hmmmmm........ my suggestion would be to use automated weaponry like Tau turrets etc and if not just virus bomb the planet theyve ordered exterminatus on a planet for less.

swordwind
16-08-2006, 23:18
Whatever obscure way you can think of killing him, Slaanesh will just snatch him out of harms way at the last second.

Eideu
16-08-2006, 23:21
No his gift is he grows out of his killer.See you can get around a couple of the deaths mentioned.Like the designer/builder/ commander of said gun drones, or the starter of the war as its his fault thier there.as for planets bombardment,the guy who orders it, or pushs the button is the killer.Prehaps hes like a genestealer hybrid that as soon as you know your changing you feel compelled to keep it a secret.

Lord Zarkov
16-08-2006, 23:23
but for the pariah?

swordwind
16-08-2006, 23:31
No his gift is he grows out of his killer.See you can get around a couple of the deaths mentioned.Like the designer/builder/ commander of said gun drones, or the starter of the war as its his fault thier there.as for planets bombardment,the guy who orders it, or pushs the button is the killer.Prehaps hes like a genestealer hybrid that as soon as you know your changing you feel compelled to keep it a secret.

Yes but do you honestly think Slaanesh is going to let his/her/its favourite toy be destroyed by a technicality like the killer committing suicide straight after?

Eideu
16-08-2006, 23:32
choas god are fickle.....

swordwind
16-08-2006, 23:33
Good point :D

Eideu
16-08-2006, 23:37
i still think a ctan is the way to go you either get rid of the galaxies nasties swordsmen or you get rid of a star vampire. its win win, of course on a totally diffrent level :P

Lord Zarkov
16-08-2006, 23:44
and if you get rid of the C'tan then after you have killed all the C'tan with Lucius you kill him with a pariah and thus untouchable

Eideu
16-08-2006, 23:46
slightly off topic would those with the Pariah gene be immune to things like Nurgles rot?

Lord Zarkov
16-08-2006, 23:50
I would imagine so as it is a daemonic disease

Minister
16-08-2006, 23:58
They're immune to the Chaos effects, but not from the base disease. This means that they die from it in unpleasant ways, but do not rise as a Plaguebearer, nor does their mind and soul get torn asunder in the process.

nurgleman
17-08-2006, 00:00
Actually the person may or not be immune. its depending on how powerful the original germ was. it could just be the common cold powered by the warp.

MrInsomniac
17-08-2006, 00:10
Technically you can kill him, it's just when you take pleasure in the act of knowing you bested a champion of Slaanesh. Or atleast that's what I got from the 3rd paragraph.

Eideu
17-08-2006, 00:13
no no, you just grow out of the armour.What if a necron butchered him?

azimaith
17-08-2006, 00:14
I've recently been trying to figure out a safe way for the Inquisition to kill Lucious (as in without the hole being possessed afterwards part)

so far the two ideas I've had are:

A) Have marines chop off his arms and legs monty python style. Lock up his head and body in stasis. I know it doesn't actually kill him, but it might neutralize him effectively.

B) start as per plan A, but rather than locking him in stasis, have him killed by a Culexus assassin. (Good luck possessing that!)

figure either of those might work?
any better ideas?

-Venenum
Land mine. One requirement is to take a single instant of pleasure in his defeat. If you don't know about it then he can't posess you.

Or a necron pariah could kill him.

Beyond that, something that considers him below their notice, such as a C'tan would be immune likely.

Also tyranids can't can't take a moment to savor it, so they work too. I figure slannesh would just make him come back some other way though.

BodhiTree
17-08-2006, 00:28
I always thought the easiest way to kill an uber-powerful bad guy was to blow up the ship he's on. You could not even know he was on the ship if he was encountering an enemy fleet, therefore his slayer would have no clue he killed him.

Kandarin
17-08-2006, 00:29
Odds are, being a Daemon would really help. You'd need to be to stop him from just being reborn elsewhere.

Eideu
17-08-2006, 00:36
kill him with a force weapon?good bye soul?

The Venerable Archmage
17-08-2006, 00:58
I always thought the easiest way to kill an uber-powerful bad guy was to blow up the ship he's on. You could not even know he was on the ship if he was encountering an enemy fleet, therefore his slayer would have no clue he killed him.

Does Lucius's killer need to triumph at the death of Lucius himself (in which case not knowing Lucius had been killed would provide a defence against the transformation) or is it merely necessary to triumph at the act of killing itself? I would suspect the latter, myself. In your example, I suspect whoever pushed the big red button and blew the ship up would succumb to the transformation eventually.

I think the best way is to simply to play by the rules of the curse and not triumph over the killing, rather than trying to avoid it using contrived circumstances, because killing Lucius on a technicality just isn't cricket, and I'm sure that if you foiled Slaanesh on a technicality, Slaanesh would just trick you straight back again. Beating the curse is hard, of course, but a very special personality could manage it.

Well, I suspect what you need is a very dedicated, very self controled craftworld eldar to do it. They have the best chance of possessing the self discipline to resist the urge to triumph, and also have a good motive, given Lucius is the archminion of She Who Thirsts.

Colonel_Kreitz
17-08-2006, 01:51
Simple. An IG Basilisk crew has been firing for 30 continuous hours. The ammo stockpile is running low and the barrel is so worn they're worried that the next shell they fire might blow their whole Earthsaker cannon apart.

The thing holds together and they put a few more rounds downrange. One of them lands half a yard from Lucius and blows him apart. An hour or two later, the crew finally gets the ceasefire order and hits the hay, too exhausted to think, much less take pleasure in the firing they conducted. And even if they could, they would take no pleasure or pride in killing anything in particular, since they'd just be lobbing shells to hit areas they can't even see, miles away.

That leave Lucius in quite a fix (and quite dead) I think. An Exterminatus is a good solution too. If he caught in a Cyclonic torpedo bombardment, the fire control officer that pressed the button probably won't take any particular pride from kiling Lucius, since he would almost certainly have no knowledge of Lucis' existance.

hellfire
17-08-2006, 01:51
first you get some one to kill lucius then you get someone to kill the guy who killed lucius then you get a guy to kill that guy and so on until finnally you get some guys best freind to kill the guy who killed the other guys so he can't take pleasure becuase its his best freind and then just to be safe you reduce the planet into a cratered hell hole from space using automated computer code written by a program that was written by a program that was written in parts by 2,000 separte ad-mech magi making sure itis so incredibly irrelvant and boring that they can not possibly take pleasure in it then just to be safe you lock the magi in solitary confinement and let them die naturally (hope there not important)
-simple

Outlaw289
17-08-2006, 02:20
hmmmmm........ my suggestion would be to use automated weaponry like Tau turrets etc and if not just virus bomb the planet theyve ordered exterminatus on a planet for less.

But then the machine spirit will be possesed and shoot its creators! :chrome: :p

On the notion of being possesed by taking pride in his death, maybe it means any kind of pride. The Basilisk crew may have pride in doing their job as artillerymen and that would be enough to warrant possesion. Same goes with the FCO who did the exterminatus, or the man who planted the minefield.

Ravenous
17-08-2006, 02:27
the only thing I see wrong with land mines is if someone (say and engineer) is demining that field and see's the husk of a blown up marine and gets a little giggle fit going saying "ya take that you bastards invade my planet"

La'mour Le Breton
17-08-2006, 02:29
Kharn the betrayer wouldn't have the time to think about the kill. he would be too busy thinking about the next kill, and the kill after that. and so on...
im not sure how lucious' special power or whatever works, but couldn't a nid killl him quite nicely and suffer no consequences?

BodhiTree
17-08-2006, 02:35
Man, this is too hard. I say we go to the source. Kill Slaanesh. That's right. Let the C'tan do their thing, defeat Chaos - boom. And of course, in all of this, no one cares about Lucious, he's small time. *

*(This theory in no way as fallacious as the theory I had when I was three, which was planting a crouton to grow a crouton tree, I swear it.)

Ravenous
17-08-2006, 02:38
Im agreeing with just keep him in stasis, or hospitalized either way.

Outlaw289
17-08-2006, 03:20
Kharn the betrayer wouldn't have the time to think about the kill. he would be too busy thinking about the next kill, and the kill after that. and so on...
im not sure how lucious' special power or whatever works, but couldn't a nid killl him quite nicely and suffer no consequences?

Maybe it would possess the synapse creature or the nearest Hive Tyrant, or whatever controlling entity the Tyranids have.

Ravenous
17-08-2006, 03:33
or the norn Queen and maybe perhaps the greater hive mind that controls all nids. that would put lucius very very very far away, or give him control of every nid in the galaxy.

azimaith
17-08-2006, 03:35
But then the machine spirit will be possesed and shoot its creators! :chrome: :p

On the notion of being possesed by taking pride in his death, maybe it means any kind of pride. The Basilisk crew may have pride in doing their job as artillerymen and that would be enough to warrant possesion. Same goes with the FCO who did the exterminatus, or the man who planted the minefield.

Not really, he doesn't know it went off.

the only thing I see wrong with land mines is if someone (say and engineer) is demining that field and see's the husk of a blown up marine and gets a little giggle fit going saying "ya take that you bastards invade my planet"

The idea of a minefield is not to be sitting there defending it.

He wouldn't be there to see it.

To get lucius to possess someone they need to take pleasure in his death. Not just feel pride in their job.

BodhiTree
17-08-2006, 03:42
Although, I guess the big problem with the nameless death is that as soon as the opposing force finds out he's dead, they celebrate (or if not celebrate, feel content about it) and snap - bugger reappears.

Dranthar
17-08-2006, 03:44
Well technically, a Grey Knight would be safe from the lucius curse. They are trained to not take an ounce of pride or pleasure in what they do. Combined with all the funky wards and anti-demon training they get, they'd probably be a pretty safe bet.

azimaith
17-08-2006, 03:50
Or you could just use servitors.

They don't know any better and the person who set them on "kill" won't have killed anyone himself. Even better kill the guy who put them on "kill" and be done with it.

Krusk
17-08-2006, 07:07
Lucius is like Freddy, or Jason. He does NOT die. EVER. somehow, someway, he will be back.

setekhite
17-08-2006, 07:22
C'tan would do it, I think. Since they obliterate the life-essence of their victims, whatever came back would not be Lucius - merely a daemonic shadow.

A more interesting question, IMO, is what happens if someone line Kharn or Typhus kills Lucius? Kharn appears to enjoy a similar sort of protection from Khorne as Lucius does from Slaanesh... I guess Typhus is in the same league.

muskrat
17-08-2006, 07:33
Lucius Ex Deus

He'll always be back, no matter what, in the 40k world that is developed now.

But I always assumed Kharn could do the job, or a lucky shot from a Thousand Son Space Marine- souless automatons with dust for a body have no sense of pride.

muskrat
17-08-2006, 07:35
Typhus might be in danger- maybe Nurgle and Slaaneesh would just trade- Typhus for a new body for Lucius.

Khorne would say **** off, and let Kharn continue on his merry way.

but Slaaneesh would only hear "KILL MAIM BURN KILL MAIM BURN"

Khorne is kinda like a pokemon in that way.

Damien 1427
17-08-2006, 07:47
Servitors, Drones, that sort of thing. To be safe, when they've done the killing, fire them into a black hole.

Better yet, fire him into a black hole. Them fly the ship you're on into said black hole.

Exterminatus.

Suicide attacks.

Chuck Norris.

dOOHICKY
17-08-2006, 08:39
Oh yes Chuck Norris could do it!!

I was thinking of maybe an Eversor assassin, as he is basically a killing machine, BUT would that mean that whoever ordered the killing of Lucius would then be possessed as he technically killed him!

I agree that I think any time Lucius dies, as soon as someone, anyone finds out he is dead and rejoices, then Lucius will possess him even though he didn't actually kill him.

I think the fluff is stated as is now, because up to now Lucius has always possessed teh person who killed him. Doesn't mean he always will though!

StormCrow
17-08-2006, 09:06
kamikaze into a blackhole with lucius on board or lock him in a necron tomb...that'll hold him

Gae'Mot
17-08-2006, 09:39
Give him a one-way ticket to the dyson sphere. I bet the outsider'd like some company.

Or just have him taken out by (mentioned in several post allready) anything with the pariah gene.

Skrittiblak
17-08-2006, 09:51
Also tyranids can't can't take a moment to savor it, so they work too. I figure slannesh would just make him come back some other way though.

Obviously you're not familiar with Lucius' 3rd incarnation as a seductive hormagaunt. Those were grim times for Luscious Lucius and are probably best forgotten...

jimbobodoll
17-08-2006, 11:00
Obviously you're not familiar with Lucius' 3rd incarnation as a seductive hormagaunt. Those were grim times for Luscious Lucius and are probably best forgotten...

"Luscious Lucius"? Bad boy! Bad bad bad pun. You are very bad, go stand in the corner! :D

scavenseer
17-08-2006, 11:11
get an undead person to kill him, chaos cannot corrupt the undead.

Eideu
17-08-2006, 11:22
you dont get undead in 40k

Simsandwich
17-08-2006, 11:44
Slaanesh craves perfection, if Lucius is Slaanesh's Chosen Champion, then if he is bested, surely Slaanesh wouldn't make him the Champion again?
As being beaten, means that he wouln't be "perfect" as such.
Maybe when something kills Lucius, Slaanesh turns that being into his Champion?

Just my ramblings.

scavenseer
17-08-2006, 11:47
you dont get undead in 40k

Necrons. A pariah could safely kill lucious as they are soulless

Simsandwich
17-08-2006, 11:48
I think there are rules for 40K Zombies on GW's site.
With fluff.

The Venerable Archmage
17-08-2006, 13:28
Or you could just use servitors.

They don't know any better and the person who set them on "kill" won't have killed anyone himself. Even better kill the guy who put them on "kill" and be done with it.

A servitor doesn't take any pleasure in what they do because they're essentially a tool. They don't have any sense of self, any more than a gun or a cyclonic torpedo. Whoever orders the servitor to kill Lucius (assuming a mere servitor could manage it) is the one who is responsible for the killing, and if they managed to pull of a servitor killing Lucius, and thought they'd seen the last of him, they'd probably be quite pleased with themselves...

To my mind, anyone who masterminds the death of Lucius, using cyclonic missles, servitors, mindwiped assassins, deathsquads to kill anyone who kills Lucius, then a deathsquad to kill the first deathsquad, then a third to kill the second, etc to infinity, will become Lucius, because they're trying to cheat Chaos on a technicality, but the Chaos gods will always be cleverer.

Lucius isn't supposed to be killable, except when the narrative imperative demands it, which will be in the final battle between Chaos and the Imperium, and who knows, Chaos might win?

Wraithbored
17-08-2006, 13:33
I'd just sneak up behind him and draw the symbol of Khorne on him, the rest would solve itself! :D

Terminatorphoenix
17-08-2006, 13:37
what if he was struck with alot of lightning? or
a supernova
a earthquake
a flood
a warp core falfuction
an electric chair

feel inventive

Asuril
17-08-2006, 13:45
Or, get someone with some horrible disease to kill him. Then it'd only be a matter of waiting before the new Lucious dies.

Man, I dunno if Lucious could contend with Cancer... He'd have to be of Nurgle for that.

ArtificerArmour
17-08-2006, 14:12
Sorry, if Lucius gets killed by someone with no satisfaction, he'd just reappear in one of his loyal followers.

Skrittiblak
17-08-2006, 15:02
Or, get someone with some horrible disease to kill him. Then it'd only be a matter of waiting before the new Lucious dies.

Man, I dunno if Lucious could contend with Cancer... He'd have to be of Nurgle for that.

If this happened then Lucious would become a Slaaneshi/Nurgly hybrid creature. Ewww....

Eideu
17-08-2006, 15:49
Sorry, if Lucius gets killed by someone with no satisfaction, he'd just reappear in one of his loyal followers.

And this information is from were exactly?

ryng_sting
17-08-2006, 16:12
The rules of Lucius's ability are that he can only return if his killer knowingly took his life and took pleasure in doing so. Were Lucius to be caught in an orbital bombardment, or part of a building that collapsed into a gorge, or something of that ilk, then he couldn't return. Like any Chaos god, Slaanesh isn't that bothered about any of his champions. (He does have a multiverse to keep an eye on, you know.)

ArtificerArmour
17-08-2006, 16:16
And this information is from were exactly?

My fingers. I made it up, using common sence and giving us something to debate about. CSM give up their lives for greater daemon possession, why not emperor's children allowing themselves possession by Lucius?

Outlaw289
17-08-2006, 16:26
If this happened then Lucious would become a Slaaneshi/Nurgly hybrid creature. Ewww....

:eek: scat marines :eyebrows:

Skrittiblak
17-08-2006, 17:11
That is revolting.

Z-chan
17-08-2006, 20:46
Give him the videotape from Ring, tell him its uber hardcore snuff pr0nz. Let Sadako do the job.

Gen.Steiner
17-08-2006, 21:05
Best way forwards is this:

One person kills him then immediately blows themselves up. This person has not told or informed in any way anyone else of their mission.

Et voila! :D