PDA

View Full Version : dwarf wpn rune + 3 tomb king questions

fmatgnat
17-08-2006, 18:27
I have three questions that I haven't been able to find the answer to:

(1) the dwarf weapon rune, Master Rune of Kragg the Grimm, which allows a great weapon to retain its properties costs X points, but do those X points include the great weapon or should it be bought separately?

(2) A Tomb Scorpion in the tomb king army is said to have Poisoned Attacks and Killing Blow special rules, but the way it is worded it sounds like the Killing Blows come from its tail only. Do all attacks the scorpion makes count as both Poison and Killing Blow attacks?

(3) Is it possible to use a Tomb King chant to fire an additional round with the Skull Catapult?

(4) A Tomb King can have a great weapon and ride in a chariot. Does a chariot count as "being mounted"? In other words, will the king get +1S or +2S for his great weapon once 7th edition rules go into effect?

Thanks!

Festus
17-08-2006, 19:25
Hi

1) you have to buy the item to inscribe the rune onto (exceptions are given in the Dwarf book)

2)Yes. Note that poisoning attacks cannot cause a KB, too.

3)Yes, of course... :D

4) probably S +1 (but havn't had time to study 7th deeply)

Hope that helps.

Festus

fmatgnat
17-08-2006, 19:34
Yes, that helps, thanks :)

Now that I see the answers they seem so obvious, but I just wanted to be sure. I read through the section on rune magic at least twice, but I guess I still missed something (although it's only a matter of a handful of points anyway).

Cheers,
fmatgnat

T10
17-08-2006, 23:20
The chariot crew and characters are indeed mounted. Among other things, this allows crew to gain the +1 S for charging with spears.

-T10