PDA

View Full Version : Cavalry, Fast Cavalry, and Marching

Kadrium
18-08-2006, 00:36
My friends and I are having a complete brain fart tonight.

We could have sworn we read somewhere that regular cavalry cannot march, and fast cavalry may.

As something related came into question, we went looking for that rule, but were only able to turn up the implicit rule about fast cavalry being able to reform for free during a march, and not the explicit "Fast cavalry can march, regular cavalry can't" rule.

Are we ****** who've been playing wrong the whole time? Can fast cavalry march and regular cav cannot? Can someone point me to the page in either the 6th ed BRB or preferably the mini rulebook that came in the Skull Pass box that adresses this?

NakedFisherman
18-08-2006, 01:43
Are we ****** who've been playing wrong the whole time?

You suggested it: yes.

The rules are the same in 7th Edition as in 6th -- Fast Cavalry can be march-blocked.

Kadrium
18-08-2006, 02:40
Erm... that wasn't my question. Can both Fast and regular cavalry march?

druchii
18-08-2006, 02:43
You suggested it: yes.

The rules are the same in 7th Edition as in 6th -- Fast Cavalry can be march-blocked.

Oh, Irony!

Yes. they can both march.

TheWarSmith
18-08-2006, 03:03
If cavalry couldn't march, nobody would ever take them. Chariots would become infinately superior for the most part.

Kadrium
18-08-2006, 03:33
Ok, thanks. We're just having one of those braindead nights where we could have sworn we read a rule somewhere and then can't for the life of us find it.

NakedFisherman
18-08-2006, 04:12
Oh, Irony!

Yes. they can both march.

What's ironic? I mistook his question due to its atypicality. I fully realize what was typed, but I didn't actually expect someone to scan the rulebook for a rule that says 'cavalry can march'. No offense to the original poster, of course.