PDA

View Full Version : Arwen

Yak
18-08-2006, 18:21
Why is Arwen not in the Tower of Ecthellion list? Surely there is no point at which "Aragon the King" is at Gondor that Arwen is not?

Brandir
18-08-2006, 19:32
Why is Arwen not in the Tower of Ecthellion list? Surely there is no point at which "Aragon the King" is at Gondor that Arwen is not?

From a book point of view it is quite correct that Arwen is not in an army list. But from a Jackson film version of LOTR I must admit that leaving Arwen out of such a list is puzzleing.

Yak
21-08-2006, 16:44
You're right about the book, but this is supposed to be the game of the movie of the book, not the game of the book. I'm just going to field her anyway, as I like the model. And the rules.

Pertinax
21-08-2006, 18:22
You can simply take her as an allied hero from the Rivendell list, can't you?

Gondorian
21-08-2006, 19:39
On another note, I've noticed that batswarms are available only to Moria which seems strange since they were origonally part of an Angmar force.

slaughteredbull
21-08-2006, 20:16
You're right about the book, but this is supposed to be the game of the movie of the book, not the game of the book. I'm just going to field her anyway, as I like the model. And the rules.

Actually I think you'll find it is now a game based mainly on the book but using the imagery from the movie. This is probably because the license for the movie was to limiting.

Pertinax
21-08-2006, 21:30
On another note, I've noticed that batswarms are available only to Moria

...and the Dol Guldur force.

slaughteredbull
21-08-2006, 22:04
Yeah, and their apparently 15pts cheaper.

On that note have you guys noticed the abundace of mistakes in the LoME book, stupid ones like points costs being wrong, and the fact that they knew this would happen so theres a note in there saying that if a points cost is different to a sourcebook then use the points from the sourcebook. You'd think they'd be able to the points right for the armies that they've already released and one that come out in the same week.

Pertinax
22-08-2006, 06:40
Just to queston here. Do we know that the points costs that are obviously different in two places are wrong? Maybe they have been "balanced" per the various army lists, to encourage them some places more than others?

I'm just guessing here.

Neknoh
22-08-2006, 09:47
Still, them having a disclaimer that if a pts cost is wrong, go for the sourcebook suggests that they didn't try and make some options more attractve to some armies than to others.

Gondorian
22-08-2006, 17:13
Sorry, I only just noticed the Dol-Guldur force. Must have missed it the fist time.

I suspect that the bats have been made cheaper because their points cost has been listed twice.
However, according to LoME a dunlending warrior costs 8 points not 6 which I think is a mistake because the TT has literally just been released.
Also, an Easterling Captain can buy an armoured horse for 1 point.

slaughteredbull
22-08-2006, 19:10
Its the same with the Feral Uruk-Hai listed as 13pts in LoME and 12 in TT.

The Easterling Captain on the other hand will probably have a mounted model somewhere down the line as it looks like they have some releases yet to come.