PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Lizardmen

SgtJPloger
18-08-2006, 22:27
Ok... I was looking for some input/advice on the following list. My (small) list of opponents is:

-Vampire Counts (of various bloodlines)
-High Elves
-Chaos Mortals (of Khorne)
The Chaos player has that 'win at all costs' attitude, so it would be really nice to beat him. Really nice.

The army is a 2000pt sacred host of Quetzl.

Saurus Oldblood - 256pts
-General, MoQ, MoS, LA, Shield
-Charm of the Jaguar Warrior
-Scimitar of the Sun Resplendent

Skink Priest - 120pts
-MoQ
-Dispel Scroll x 2

Skink Priest - 120pts
-MoQ
-Dispel Scroll x 2
_______

16 Saurus Warriors - 252pts
-full command
-MoQ

-full command
-MoQ

-full command
-MoQ

10 Skink Skirmishers - 80pts
-brave
-scout

-brave
-scout

-brave
-scout
_______

3 Terradons - 115pts
-brave
_______

3 Salamander Hunting Packs - 195pts

Against Vampire Counts, i hope that the 2 priests will help me minimize the effects of his magic. My army should have little trouble against him if I can do that (I think).

Against High Elves, the scouts and terradons should make short work of his archers and war machines. After that, the rest of the army should have little trouble cleaning up (again, I think). And the dispels should help, too.

The Chaos player is always troublesome. I always have trouble dealing with his massively dangerous characters. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do, because I never know what he's going to field. The only thing I'm sure about is that he will field a unit of chosen knights and a unit of chosen warriors. He always does. He's obsessed with a good statline. In theory, that way of thinking shouldn't work, but it for some reason does him well.

Any advice on the list would be appreciated. Any advice on tactics would also be appreciated. Anything at all would be appreciated. Thanks.

DeathMasterSnikch
18-08-2006, 22:38
Drop some dispell scrolls in the match Vs Chaos and add the MotOO to your saurus character. Glyph Necklace would be good if it's characters you're having trouble with. And, an excelent item for dealing with characters is the Bane Head I never play a game without one ;)

Any examples of the typical characters he uses? You sound like you have a decent strategy for handling the other armies (However combining 2 saurus units could be good against outnumbering fear causers like undead)

ardude
19-08-2006, 17:58
Ok... I was looking for some input/advice on the following list. My (small) list of opponents is:

-Vampire Counts (of various bloodlines)
-High Elves
-Chaos Mortals (of Khorne)
The Chaos player has that 'win at all costs' attitude, so it would be really nice to beat him. Really nice.

The army is a 2000pt sacred host of Quetzl.

Saurus Oldblood - 256pts
-General, MoQ, MoS, LA, Shield
-Charm of the Jaguar Warrior
-Scimitar of the Sun Resplendent

aura of quetlz??? and why no mark of tepok. if that 1 dice dispels 1 fireball at your skinks you already make profit.

Skink Priest - 120pts
-MoQ
-Dispel Scroll x 2

Skink Priest - 120pts
-MoQ
-Dispel Scroll x 2

I miss the dadium of power. drop 2 scrolls add the dadium, maby find some points to upgrade them to level 2.
when you play again'st heavy amgic save powerdice, when the enemy has a weak amgic defence save dp dice.
_______

-full command
-MoQ

-full command
-MoQ

-full command
-MoQ

nice front:cool:

-brave
-scout

-brave
-scout

-brave
-scout

no braves!!!!!!!!!!!! 10 points when you're dmg commes from poision.
_______

3 Terradons - 115pts
-brave

again no braves. that can easely saves you 50 points in total.
_______

2 units of 2 ( ar maby 1 of 2 1 of 1 if you're short on points) and add some kroxigors.
is to big.
you cna't aford to lose them when they cost 200 pts and becouse they are short range shooters 3 salamanders is to big

Against Vampire Counts, i hope that the 2 priests will help me minimize the effects of his magic. My army should have little trouble against him if I can do that (I think me 2 :) ).

I would use the oldblood to charge his general. if you do this in like the second turn it's so worth it. even if you lose your general!!!!!!

Against High Elves, the scouts and terradons should make short work of his archers and war machines. After that, the rest of the army should have little trouble cleaning up (again, I think ). And the dispels should help, too.

that sounds about right. how ever the terradons will get 1 salvo of magic or shooting and they're gone.
just use your skinks as a screen and you will be fine.

The Chaos player is always troublesome. I always have trouble dealing with his massively dangerous characters. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do, because I never know what he's going to field. The only thing I'm sure about is that he will field a unit of chosen knights and a unit of chosen warriors. He always does. He's obsessed with a good statline. In theory, that way of thinking shouldn't work, but it for some reason does him well.

you expect chaos but you don't field kroxigors.
if you want to kick this guys ass get 2 units of kroxigors, delete some salamanders but not all becouse you need them again'st the high elf and the undead. the terradons can be spared too.

Any advice on the list would be appreciated. Any advice on tactics would also be appreciated. Anything at all would be appreciated. Thanks.

needing 10 characters behind the quote:p

DirtJumper
20-08-2006, 04:03
Against the Khorne player, it's probrably best to drop the Skink Preists and load up on skinks, that way you can divert chargers (such as frenzied knights) away from your main battle line, and keep his army from marching while you widdle away at him with blowpipes and Salamanders, then when his units are getting low on numbers, you can finish them with a charge from your Saurus. The key to wining against frenzied opponents is to use their frenzy against them to set up ideal match-ups for you. (this goes double if your opponent hasen't found any ways to counteract this) I would also recommend Kroxigors and Saurus Cavalry, And Braves are only 5 points, not 10. :D

Divine Shadow
21-08-2006, 00:14
I like these hero choices:

saurus skar-veteran w/light armor
great weapon, shield of the
mirrored pool, mark of tepok 146
great weapon, charm of the
jaguar warror, mark of tepok
shield 133
burning blade of chotec,
enchanted shield, mark of tepok 142
skink priest w/ diadem of power 100

This gives you serious magic defense and really nasty combat power. 6-8 dispel dice. You can bounce back magic missiles, run out and charge chaos knights/chariots with a str 7 guy, wail on dudes with the burning blade....and if any of your characters die it's not such a big loss. Other than the characters I think your list is pretty good.

SgtJPloger
21-08-2006, 20:35
Ok... first off, thanks for the input. In light of the advice I received, I dropped some things from the list.
-I swapped the Oldblood for a Scar-Veteran.
-I dropped one of the saurus units down to 11 (the Scar-Veteran will go in here).
-I dropped a salamander from each of the two units.
-I dropped the terradons.
-I swapped two dispel scrolls for the Diadem of Power.
-I dropped the braves from all skink units.

With the points I spared, I added:
-2 units of 3 kroxigors.
-2 units of skinks.

The list now looks like:

Saurus Scar-Veteran - 156pts
-MoQ, MoTepok, GW, LA
-Aura of Quetzl

Skink Priest - 120pts
-Dispel Scroll x 2
-MoQ

Skink Priest 105pts
-Diadem of Power
-MoQ

2 x 16 Saurus Warriors - 252pts each
-full command, MoQ
1 x 11 Saurus Warriors - 192pts
-full command, MoQ

3 x 10 Skink Scouts - 75pts each
-MoQ
2 x 10 Skink Skirmishers - 65pts each
-MoQ

2 x 3 Kroxigors - 174pts each

2 x 2 Salamander Hunting Packs - 130pts each

Ok... the first problem is that I'm 40pts over the 2000pt limit. I'm having a hard time deciding what to drop. It seems to make sense to drop a single salamander, but I don't know. I like them too much. So if I can, I would like to get two questions answered.

1) How can I save myself 40pts?
2) Is there anything else I can do to make this list better?

Thanks again for all the help.

ardude
21-08-2006, 22:14
drop the braves! they suck.
and drop the scroll caddie for 1 saurus scar vetren with mark of tepok and with a great weapon.
get rid of some musicions.
and chamions aren't alwais necesairy either.
you can drop 1 saurus from the other unit if the scar vetren goes in there