PDA

View Full Version : Chaos army assembly

Avarice
18-08-2006, 23:36
Hello everyone, this will be my first post of some importance, and project log. - As I'm usually more into reading posts.

I've had Chaos plastics (Fantasy, mind you.) sitting around, mostly assembled for a while now and I'm looking for that extra oomph to finally get them all painted up, converted and hapilly on the table to wage 28mm destruction at my local games store.

That's where this awesome community comes in: Whipping, berating and otherwise making me continue painting. (A community motivated, one man sweatshop if you will.)

As soon as I beat some sense into my camera I will provide lots of pictures of what I have so far.. Until then, it will most likely refuse to work for me, so be patient. =P

Gazak Blacktoof
18-08-2006, 23:46
Well I'll give you a virtual kick up the rear if it'll help ,I'm i sitting in the seat opposite you on the lazy git boat. I have a shamefully large number of unassembled chaos models. Going to force myself to make an early start tomorrow and maybe start a log of my own. I'm trying to heavily convert everything so its going to take a bit of time to see some decent results. 25 hours to assemble my first unit of marauders last week:( and they still need loads of GS.

Got any more info on what sort of army you're making? Mortal/ daemon/ beast or a mix of the above? I'm trying to get a painting scheme sorted that doesn't involve lots of black, it seems almost mandatory in an undivided army.

Avarice
19-08-2006, 00:17
Well I'll give you a virtual kick up the rear if it'll help ,I'm i sitting in the seat opposite you on the lazy git boat. I have a shamefully large number of unassembled chaos models. Going to force myself to make an early start tomorrow and maybe start a log of my own. I'm trying to heavily convert everything so its going to take a bit of time to see some decent results. 25 hours to assemble my first unit of marauders last week:( and they still need loads of GS.

Got any more info on what sort of army you're making? Mortal/ daemon/ beast or a mix of the above? I'm trying to get a painting scheme sorted that doesn't involve lots of black, it seems almost mandatory in an undivided army.

Sounds fun, what kind of conversions?

I sculpted two Sorcerers out of marauders and GS, as I didn't like GW's model.. Aaand I'm broke too. =P

And about my army: It is going to be heavily undivided - In that there are many diff. marks / Daemons in it.

I was usually more into themed armies, slaanesh mainly, but then I saw how really versitile the list could be, using all the strengths of chaos instead of one mark.

With that:

2 Fighty characters,
2 Sorcerers, One nurgle, one slaanesh.
Khorne knights
Nurgle and Slaanesh warriors,
With screamers and Mounted daemonettes to cover mobility.

I hate painting black as well, so I'm going very heavy on rust, and browns / Earthy tones to avoid using black. Good luck!

Gazak Blacktoof
20-08-2006, 00:01
If you get a decent non-black colour scheme sorted out I might have to steal it:p . What I'd ideally like is something neutral that can then be pushed toward association with a chaos power. Having too many colours is going to kill the theme of a unified force off.

Well I'm going for a list themed around hunters. So I'm converting my marauders to be weres. I'm making one unit to be avian using kroot parts, this is the unit I'm hoping to have finnished first. The other ranked unit of marauders is lupine so I'm converting beastmen heads into were-wolf heads. My centigors are going to be part snake if I can get it right (tomorrow's job) whilst my marauder cavalry will likely be riding some freakish steeds composed of wolf and horse parts. I've got 2 units in the army so I might keep the balance and have one unit avain based and the other lupine.

Destris
20-08-2006, 14:54
Any piccies yet?

Bluesabre
20-08-2006, 16:55
Guess the camera is still being petulant =)

Avarice
20-08-2006, 19:52
Guess the camera is still being petulant =)

Heh yeah, It is. :(

I'll see if I can 'Liberate' my parent's though.. Err their camera.

Edit: Good word haha!

Avarice
20-08-2006, 20:05
Aaand to make matters worse, I'm really dumb at times:

I was converting a Slaaneshi Sorcerer on a Slaaneshi Seahorse.. =P And happened to stab into my finger, only ripping a line of about an inch down.

It hasn't phased me though, as I'm tough - Like the Karate Kid lmao.
In the words of whoever wrote that awful song though:

"You're the best, around - Nothin's ever gonna keep you down!"

So basically I have to be a bit more creative with working with Greenstuff now heh. Sadly, it seems I only gash myself when working with warhammer figures.. 7 Stitches from some crappy mordheim skaven debasing 'incident'. That wasn't fun.

Anyways, Round two of charging up my camera.. Hopefully I'll have pics of everybody in a day or so. 'Sit tight.' =P

Avarice
22-08-2006, 03:52
Sorry to dissapoint everyone, but looks like my Camera's pretty dead.

Perhaps I'll revive the thread when it decides to work.