PDA

View Full Version : Horus Heresy Books

shaw3029
19-08-2006, 13:49
Hi,

I saw this link (I think its the 3rd one)

http://www.forbiddenplanet.com/Event.shtml

And the last bits of the paragraph made me wonder. Ive heard this from some other people as well.

But does anyone know if they are making loads more books about this, One for each legion perhaps.

And is this book the last of this series about horus?Anynody know if it includes everything up to when he dies. Thats alot to fit into one book.

Thanks

Daemonslave
19-08-2006, 14:12
Galaxy in Flames will just be dealing with the events at Istvaan.

There is another book due out, Flight of the Eisenstein, which will, I presume, be dealing with the escape of captain Garro and others from Istvaan to warn the Emperor about Horus.

There will be others, Marc Gasgoine at Black Library has said there will be a first trilogy showing the fall of Horus (which has happened), a last trilogy focussing on the siege of Terra, and a number of books set in between. This, I'm sure will depend on how well the books sell, but there will be at least 9 Horus Heresy books in total.

Also, following the Horus Heresy series, they will begin a series known as the Harrowing, where the Traitor Legions are driven into the Eye of Terror.

shaw3029
19-08-2006, 14:55
Thanks for that.

I got worried that they was going to cram everything into one last book. I dont suppose you have any idea if there going to do any about the space wolves and the dark angels.

Thanks

Forces Unknown
19-08-2006, 15:12
I heard that the first book, Horus Rising is already on its fourth print run so I expect we can see a lot of Horus Heresy series books.

I think a book about the Space Wolves and Dark Angels detailing their history during the Great Crusade, including the incident with the Tyrant of Durath and the return to Terra is a must.

Xisor
19-08-2006, 15:19
If they can keep the quality at the level they have just now(they won't, there's always one or two that let the side down! :rolleyes: ), then it'll be a fantastic success for GW. The first two are some of the best the Black Library have done, right up there with the Leoten Semper/Lord Solar Macharius books.

Xisor

shaw3029
19-08-2006, 15:36
I have to say I love the books so far.

Because there using diffrent writers for each book it does keep it all nice and fresh with new ideas and things. And if you dont like one writters style then at least the whole series isnt ruined.

If only all the books sold amazingly and games workshop actually made a movie on the horus heresy. Its all there they just have to go out and do it.

Daemonslave
19-08-2006, 15:45
I heard that the first book, Horus Rising is already on its fourth print run so I expect we can see a lot of Horus Heresy series books.

I agree. *Fingers crossed!*

I think a book about the Space Wolves and Dark Angels detailing their history during the Great Crusade, including the incident with the Tyrant of Durath and the return to Terra is a must.

Unfortunately, it looks as though that piece of fluff has been discarded. According to newer "more accurate" Sabretooth fluff, the Space Wolves were being distracted by the Alpha legion during the Heresy, while little is known regarding the Dark Angels delay to Earth, they were described as being Earth bound, but even Horus' daemon informers was not sure when they would arrive (linking in with Gav Thorpe's excellent Angels of Darkness) and that it is now the combined fleet of the Ultramarines and the Space Wolves that cause Horus to panic and drop his shields to confront the Emperor.

librerian_samae
19-08-2006, 16:14
:wtf: oh dear now that is tragic, oh well there goes a load of cool fluff...

Piku
19-08-2006, 16:35
I'm of the same mind as Xisor on this one.
Perspectives would be good, but the volume of work can only mean lower quality.

Mechanicus
19-08-2006, 16:46
Unfortunately, it looks as though that piece of fluff has been discarded. According to newer "more accurate" Sabretooth fluff, the Space Wolves were being distracted by the Alpha legion during the Heresy, while little is known regarding the Dark Angels delay to Earth, they were described as being Earth bound, but even Horus' daemon informers was not sure when they would arrive (linking in with Gav Thorpe's excellent Angels of Darkness) and that it is now the combined fleet of the Ultramarines and the Space Wolves that cause Horus to panic and drop his shields to confront the Emperor.

We don't know that it's been completely discarded; after all it can still be explained by the DA and SW fighting alongside earlier in the Crusade, then separating, and then the SW and UM's fleet come towards Earth and arrive at nearly the same time as the DA who finally make their mind up about what to do. They then land, go off to the palace and Johnson and Russ fight each other, ending in a stabbing.

Of course, there's always the possibility (Well, more likely to be a certainty)that GW will change this so that even this overly complicated way of trying to fit in the conflicting fluff in is wrong. :rolleyes:

Daemonslave
19-08-2006, 17:01
We don't know that it's been completely discarded; after all it can still be explained by the DA and SW fighting alongside earlier in the Crusade, then separating, and then the SW and UM's fleet come towards Earth and arrive at nearly the same time as the DA who finally make their mind up about what to do. They then land, go off to the palace and Johnson and Russ fight each other, ending in a stabbing.

Which fight, there were two. One where El'Johnson killed a guy who called Russ the Emperor's lapdog, thus robbing Russ of his vengeance, which could have occured before the Heresy I suppose - I can't remember.

As for the second fight between the two, which took part on Terra, wasn't the whole point that Russ and El'Johnson fought because the Lion thought that Russ was responsible for delaying them both from getting to Earth? So this fight would definately be consigned to the scrap heap.

Mechanicus
19-08-2006, 17:30
The first one was (IIRC) where Russ messed up a carefully made battle plan of Johnson's (I think this is the one you are referring to) and took place in the Great Crusade.

The second one on Terra I always thought was based on "You should have arrived here sooner and this might not have happened" sort of argument, which wouldn't rely on them going to Terra together, but it's been too long since I've read the original material to know precisely.

Anyone know the specifics of it?

Daemonslave
19-08-2006, 18:09
The "Lion and the Wolf" story is on page 67 Codex:Angels of Death from 2nd ed.

In which it says that during the Great Crusade, the Space Wolves and the Dark Angels were on a joint mission. The Tyrant of Durath had called Russ "the Emperor's puppy" and had sacrificed 100 civilians. Lion El'Johnson had had the fortress scouted and had planned the assault for days. Russ showed up and demanded that he be let to kill the Tyrant, to preserve his own honour. The Lion did not agree and launched his men, who sweeped through the fortress easily, and El'Johnson killed the Tyrant, much to the dismay of Russ.

After the battle Russ walked up to El'Johnson and punched him to the floor. The Lion got up and they fought each other for days. Russ was slightly stronger, while El'Johnson was slightly quicker, so they were well matched. After a few days both collapsed to the floor exausted. Russ started to laugh, seeing the humour of the situation, but El'Johnson did not. He walked up to Russ, punched him, knocking Russ out. When Russ awoke, the Dark Angels had left, and he was not a happy chappy. This was the start of the fued between them.

I haven't got the other fluff to hand though.

Eideu
19-08-2006, 19:09
There will apparently 13 books planned,so its not a case of after 3 battles Horus takes on the emporer.As in effect we know about there drop site and then not really alot leading to the seige of terror.
Local Forbidden planets shops are getting a very limited number of signed copies like with the other two, but they sold out rather quikly so if your mates with an employee get them to save you one :P

Commander Ozae
19-08-2006, 20:46
I believe it was called the Horus Heresy Trilogy namely that there are three books: Horus Rising, False Gods, and Galaxy in Flames. Where do people come up with info that says there are going to be 13?

t-tauri
19-08-2006, 20:52
I believe it was called the Horus Heresy Trilogy namely that there are three books: Horus Rising, False Gods, and Galaxy in Flames. Where do people come up with info that says there are going to be 13?
Black library's announced plans from last UK GD and other places. Three books to set the Heresy up. An (indeterminate) number of books covering the events of the Heresy from a variety of viewpoints. Then three to conclude the Heresy. Then a number of books covering the Harrowing as the renegades fall back to the Eye.

Mojaco
19-08-2006, 21:45
I'm hoping for the story of SW versus 1K Sons, the Dark Angels' secret and the story of the Ultramarines owning everybody they met.

Eideu
19-08-2006, 22:01

Were do you come up with trilogy it isnt on any of my books.

did that answer your question?

I would think it would go some thing like this.
3 to set up,
3 on the offensive
3 on the seige
1 on the re ordering after the emporers death
3 on the fall back ot the eye

On a final note I was questioning what happened to the loyal members of the tratior legions, apparently they go into the web way to fight.Has anyone else heard that?

Daemonslave
19-08-2006, 22:10
On a final note I was questioning what happened to the loyal members of the tratior legions, apparently they go into the web way to fight.Has anyone else heard that?

Nope. But not long before the Emperor faces Horus, Malcador brings before Him 8 Space Marines who have faced Chaos and proved themselves to be unflinchingly loyal. These Marines are to be the beginning of a secret force against Chaos.

Are these 8 the survivors of Istvaan?

Is this secret marine force the Grey Knights?

Hmmm.

Eideu
19-08-2006, 22:31
8 marines 1 each from each of the traitor legions , except the thousand sons / or word bearers?
Thousand sons being nearly wiped out by imperial forces might stop any of there number join the imperial legions.
Word Bearers by the events of book one we can assume most are already members of the warrior lodges,but some may turn loyalist in the wake of the istavvan 5 drop site.
like lunar wolves - Garveil Loken.
Emporers children - Saul Tarvizt
and then another 6 we don't know about?

nurgleman
20-08-2006, 01:50
If only all the books sold amazingly and games workshop actually made a movie on the horus heresy. Its all there they just have to go out and do it.

I think that would be really cool if they did it and I believe now is the right time. the only problem if they just make it trash like all the movies based on videogames currently. I know I would pay to see it as long as it is a live-action film. If done properly they could almost make it as good as the LoTR triology. Sure LoTR was much better written than the Horus Heresy books, but they really dumbed it down for the movies.

Malphax
20-08-2006, 05:58
The reason the LotR movies did so well wasn't because they were particularly true to the source material, which they obviously weren't, or because they appealed to the majority moviegoing audience, but because the people involved in the production of the films truly loved the books, and deeply cared about what they produced. Their dedication is what made the movies good. If GW just "makes a movie" then it'll be horrible. They need to make an EPIC.

I'm sure there are some truly fluff-dedicated folks that would do a great job, but I highly doubt it would be comparable.

Giladis
20-08-2006, 09:05
I finished false gods two days ago and I somehow feel something is missing. The entire fall of Horus struck me as to simple.

Eideu
20-08-2006, 09:47
first steps,he isnt the whole prince of all evil yet.

Giladis
20-08-2006, 10:10
No slaughtering two planets and his remembrencer is just morning activity.

Eideu
20-08-2006, 10:12
it is for the Hersy,theres a few hundred billion to die before horus reaches earth.

ryng_sting
20-08-2006, 13:05
8 marines 1 each from each of the traitor legions , except the thousand sons / or word bearers?
Thousand sons being nearly wiped out by imperial forces might stop any of there number join the imperial legions.
Word Bearers by the events of book one we can assume most are already members of the warrior lodges,but some may turn loyalist in the wake of the istavvan 5 drop site.

It doesn't specify which legions the loyalists were from, just that they were from the Traitor Legions and that they had psyker powers. Logically, they must have come from the marines aboard the Eisenstein. These men formed the nucleus of what would later become the Grey Knights - a delicious irony. Perhaps this, as much as the nature of their job, was why their founding was kept secret - along with the source of their gene-seed.

DantesInferno
20-08-2006, 13:17

Saul Tarvitz couldn't have escaped on the Eisenstein, could he? I was under the impression that in the current version of the background he made planetfall on Istvaan III to co-ordinate the 'loyalist' resistance after the virus-bombing of the planet. Captains Garro and Varren of the Death Guard and World Eaters respectively are the other big names of 'loyalist' marines in the traitor legions, do we know what happened to them?

ryng_sting
20-08-2006, 13:23
Captain Garro and under a hundred loyalist marines (none named) from the traitor legions fled aboard the Eistenstein and set course for Terra, barely surviving the journey. Their badly damaged ship was forced to exit the warp with its warp engines on the brink of explosion. Garro ordered them to be jettisoned, hoping the resulting flare would signal aid. Luckily Rogal Dorn's nearby fleet rescued them.

Brother Othorio
20-08-2006, 16:08
the Space Wolves were being distracted by the Alpha legion during the Heresy ~ and that it is now the combined fleet of the Ultramarines and the Space Wolves that cause Horus to panic and drop his shields to confront the Emperor.

ooo, i'm liking the sounding of this very muchly! is there any mention of where the Alpha Legion engages them? *crosses fingers and hopes they are reinstating the Codex Titanicus fluff*

(that being the Adeptus Titanicus Codex Titanicus that featured the Tallarn campaign ~ in which the loyalists mentioned were Space Wolves & Ultramarines ~ and also mentioned Yarant ~ which the Alpha Legion IA mentions as the site that the Alpha Legion inflicted a stinging defeat on a 'company' of Space Wolves)

Daemonslave
20-08-2006, 16:59
The Alpha Legion had out manouvered the Space Wolves in the Chondax system (somewhere near Prospero). Russ contacted the White Scars and had asked for their assistance. Despite knowing that together, the two legions could defeat the Alpha Legion, Kahn refused. He had recieved orders to return to Terra immediately, and so he sent his appologies to Russ and left for Earth (something that turned out to be a good choice!).

ryng_sting
20-08-2006, 17:22
ooo, i'm liking the sounding of this very muchly! is there any mention of where the Alpha Legion engages them? *crosses fingers and hopes they are reinstating the Codex Titanicus fluff*

(that being the Adeptus Titanicus Codex Titanicus that featured the Tallarn campaign ~ in which the loyalists mentioned were Space Wolves & Ultramarines ~ and also mentioned Yarant ~ which the Alpha Legion IA mentions as the site that the Alpha Legion inflicted a stinging defeat on a 'company' of Space Wolves)

See 'the Wolf and the Khan' section.

http://www.sabertoothgames.com/horus/lore_background27.asp

What happened after: with some help from an unspecified ally, the SWs turn the tables on Alpharius's fleet and make the warp jump to Terra.

Gyulkus Chaos Saurus
20-08-2006, 18:38
Nope. But not long before the Emperor faces Horus, Malcador brings before Him 8 Space Marines who have faced Chaos and proved themselves to be unflinchingly loyal. These Marines are to be the beginning of a secret force against Chaos.

Are these 8 the survivors of Istvaan?

Is this secret marine force the Grey Knights?

Hmmm.

Who's malcador?

Eideu
20-08-2006, 18:46
in the event you dont know who a charecter is try wikipedia over time all the 40 stuff has been added to that.

Gyulkus Chaos Saurus
20-08-2006, 19:57
I did, he wasn't on wikipedia.

Eideu
20-08-2006, 21:19
ah well then , hes kind of like the emporers 2nd in command,high level Phy and dare we say friend of the Emporer himself.

Phunting
20-08-2006, 22:16
Nope. But not long before the Emperor faces Horus, Malcador brings before Him 8 Space Marines who have faced Chaos and proved themselves to be unflinchingly loyal. These Marines are to be the beginning of a secret force against Chaos.Is this from the 4th HH art book?

I think that would be really cool if they did it and I believe now is the right time. the only problem if they just make it trash like all the movies based on videogames currently. I know I would pay to see it as long as it is a live-action film. If done properly they could almost make it as good as the LoTR triology. Sure LoTR was much better written than the Horus Heresy books, but they really dumbed it down for the movies.It won't be. Remember that LOTR has a much much wider fan base than just us geeks. My uncle, a retired colonel in Hertfordshire, is a huge LoTR fan. He would shudder at the thought of Warhammer. As cool as we think it, there isn't the audience out there for a movie without drastically making it more 'accessible', ie removing all the gothic elements we love and making it pulp sci-fi trash.

nurgleman
20-08-2006, 23:04
eh I probably should have chosen a better example then LoTR, but all of them I could think of would probably start some flame or another about butchering a great story and the vision was lost.

Commander Ozae
21-08-2006, 04:26
Besides, making a movie would be pretty bad because it'd be NC 17 for all the gore and violence and the special effects would be impossible. And who could we possibly get who would live up to our standards of the Emperor and the other primarchs. It's not feasible.

Lord Dante
21-08-2006, 10:47
I dont know about that - Just because its W40k doesnt mean it cant be bloody,gothic and popular - for those in the know its based on W40k for those who dont know they just watched a great film.

As for actors and such, thats another debate but there are plenty of actors who can fill boots of leaders out there.

The only reason it wont happen (anytime soon) is because the budget would have to be huge to do the IP justice, and as we all know GW is very strict (and so they should be) over thier IP.
Id wager 3 films would cost a similar ammount to the LOTR trilogy.

SW didnt start with a fan base, nor did Aliens or Predator or the Matrix, the films created it, theres no reason that W40k couldnt lure ppl to the movies.

Daemonslave
21-08-2006, 15:19
Who's malcador?

He is described in the laboratories thread, a few topics down.

Originally Posted by Daemonslave

Is this from the 4th HH art book?

Yes.

aximand
21-08-2006, 19:22
well,i do 3d and sfx for a living and i'm on a 40k project for my own pleasure right now(but that has nothing to do with the thread realy)
what i want to say is,...technicaly it can be done.
hh is the most solid of all 40k stories,it has a begining,audience will not have to be familiar with the characters,and the story ends somewhere.these are must to start thinking about making amovie.
fx wise the project will be difficult.
like clone troopers in sw2,3 marines should be completely digital.theres no way a mere mortal would wear such a bulky suit and move normaly even if is made of foam.
digital characters and mocap should work great though!
for the primarchs i woud choose a compination of digital bodies with live action faces.the same for the lead characters.
thing is that if hh movies would be done someone should take the whole series when its over and write a 3 film scenario out of them(no one will come to watch6 or 9 movies)
a gw writer (like graham mc neil)should be there for guidance,if there is no one from gw there and the technical teams are not geeks the film would be like battlefield earth.
last but not least, a big fx studio like ilm or weta should take the project(or both) otherwise the 40k epic we cherrish will be crapier than battlefield earth(LOL)
in simple words,its a longshot ,a rist,people will get sleepless for months and its damn expencive,but it can be done , and when (if) it does lets hope hollywood wont humiliate our hobby!
my 2 eurocents!
cheers!

shaw3029
22-08-2006, 10:15
At last someones agree that it can be done. Post people say no way because of ....
And the ... are usually really crappy reasons. But At last this guys making sense.
Three movies from all the books with a GW writer on hand. Working with movie writers. The story is epic. No ball! Think of a better one that you've heard apart from Lord of the rings and star wars. And if this ones done right it could well be up there.
Lets just all hope the books sell so well and Games Workshop goes, Hmm You know we can make alot of money from a film, as long as we make it amazing!

Commander Ozae
22-08-2006, 14:31
It would be an interesting movie but it would never live up to our standards. And besides, how would you condense all that the HH has to offer into one trilogy, anyone but us would not get it at all. Maybe a different story (Dawn of War?) but i don't think the HH would work as a movie.

Terminatorphoenix
22-08-2006, 14:42
maybe the reighn of blood would work as a movie?

aximand
22-08-2006, 14:51
on the contrary,i think hh is the most movie ready story,because you dont have to know or learn the background,this is background!
even we still learn fluff reading the novels,and if gw ever desides to make a movie like dow,noone whould get anything because the whole story of how it got there is on the heresy,see?
in the hh books we get to know how the empire was founded,about the ullanor crusade and the heresy itself.
start bombarding an audience with chapters,xenos,traitors,and stuff they ve never heard before and they are on their way to the exit.
oh!and i dont believe the hh will be 9 books.6 i guess!

ryng_sting
22-08-2006, 16:26
An animated 40k film would be just as good. Hell, people still talk about how great Akira was, and that was nearly twenty years ago. They'd have to be selective, and pick one enemy. The 2nd War for Armageddon, for instance, has all the stuff for a great film without getting too complex.

Aside: Jeremy Irons for the voice of Commissar Yarrick, the best 40k character ever.

stompzilla
22-08-2006, 19:03
An animated film would defo be the best idea, ala Akira. That would save an absolute ton of money in the production.

rickie8437
23-08-2006, 07:31
on the movie idear i think gw would do it if they knew there where going to make a bucket of money every one know they are lossing money over lotrs

on the hh books its about time they tide up the fluss so it flows many a time i have read and found that 17 of the 18 primarchs are in the same room only to turn a page and finf out that he was doind something else

its good that they are now saying or look to be saying that the da are fence siting which fits into the fluff of today which is cool as every one knows the lions spent 12 years with choas beast in a wood (see chas scum bags )

as for the founding of the grey knights they are 4 qyuskers that got away with gerro the new fluff(visions of death) make a hint at what they will become by saying they will be at the for front of the fights with whats coming out of the warp i.e deamons

it would be nice to see what happens to loken i think hes a dead man and soon to be sent to ivassatan 3 to die in a orbital booming what i am looking forward to is the fall of toraggeddon and why he turns

thanks for reading rick

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
FOR HORUS THE TRUE RULER OF MANKIND

Scotia
23-08-2006, 15:15
What you have to remember about potential movies is that they would almost certainly be Certificate 18 (NC-17 in the US ???). I would imagine that at least half of the fan base for 40K are kids under the age of 18 (judging from the ratio of kids to adults that I have personally seen at Conflicts, visits to my local GW shop etc). What movie studio is going to finance a movie where approx half the fan base will not be able to go to the cinemas to watch it?

Before anyone mentions that the LoTRs wasn't Certificate 18, the LoTRs didn't have guns in it and I'm afraid in todays politically correct world that makes all the difference.

Giladis
23-08-2006, 18:24
And since when is sticking someone with a sword better than shooting him in the head.

shaw3029
23-08-2006, 20:57
a film doesnt need loadsa blood to make it a good film. a blockbuster trilogy is what gw needs. think if the film really took off, how big would it make gw? a bit of a risk, but if they had the money its a risk well worth taking.
then again, an animated film would be cool, as well as a cgi film

Tyron
23-08-2006, 22:24
Well I always thought a HH film would be great, but it should be a 6 parter, from the Emperor creating the Primarchs, to the start of the crusade to the very end.

It would make a great film, but looking at the way they have made short films it would blow, its just too crap, it could be the poor acting but the way they talk and posture and possibly the cheesy cgi.

The film would have to be serious and require real actors not this animated rubbish, it would just not portray the story right, no sense of emotion or feeling, with a lot of cgi it would work. But they would need people to set soem standards on how they talk ect, because if they carry on from past peroformance from the other lame short vids, it will be a waste of money.

The hardest thing would be to get the right actors for the parts. The only one that comes to mind would be Bruce Willis playing Dorn. I think the hardest would eb the Emperor due to no one knowing what he looks like, Sanguinious because of his beauty and Horus.
________

I know there are typos.

ryng_sting
24-08-2006, 16:12
The hardest thing would be to get the right actors for the parts. The only one that comes to mind would be Bruce Willis playing Dorn. I think the hardest would eb the Emperor due to no one knowing what he looks like, Sanguinious because of his beauty and Horus.
________

I know there are typos.

Don't see how - Dorn has hair.

The Emperor? Look him up here.

http://store.us.games-workshop.com/games/40K/game/new_rulebook/images/Horus-Heresy_art.gif

Giladis
24-08-2006, 17:17
Orlando Bloom for Sanguinius!

EnglishGrant
24-08-2006, 17:34
Orlando Bloom for Sanguinius!

God no. :mad: Sanguinius wasn't meant to be effeminate, you know.

Tyron
24-08-2006, 17:48
Don't see how - Dorn has hair.

The Emperor? Look him up here.

http://store.us.games-workshop.com/games/40K/game/new_rulebook/images/Horus-Heresy_art.gif

http://users.tkk.fi/~pbuchert/pics/Emperorb.jpg

http://www.de-witte-ridder.be/40k/wh40k1.gif

Those too and the one of him standing on a rock, but I cant find it.

As for Willis not having hair, they can fix that.

Stahlgeist
24-08-2006, 17:58
I dont know about that - Just because its W40k doesnt mean it cant be bloody,gothic and popular - for those in the know its based on W40k for those who dont know they just watched a great film.

HH has a great deal in common with Arthurian legend, which is pretty widely known.

I would argue CG can show a great deal of realistic emotion when done correctly. I would point out Blur's intro to DoW, and the Animatrix 3D CG sequence (to a lesser extent the Final Fantasy movie).

And for shear realism, you can't beat those CG squirrels in "Willy Wonka".

Jerichoholic104
29-08-2006, 16:18
God no. :mad: Sanguinius wasn't meant to be effeminate, you know.

Fabio then?

Mojaco
29-08-2006, 17:24
A movie would create another bubble for GW, and I'm not sure if they were happy with the lotr/deagostini bubble last time. If they weren't happy there, maybe that's holding a movie project back?

OskertheGrouch
30-08-2006, 22:52
I think an animated film would be cool not the HH though for a couple of reasons no film company is going to set up a project for 9 films it was a damn big gamble from New Line to make LotR as 3 films, and GW would have to do some sort of tie in and as cool as 31k would be i can't see 2 seperate model ranges.

I think they should do something based around a black crusade with flashbacks to the important parts of the HH from Abaddon's p.o.v and if that did well a run of the Primarch's backround's in the format of the clone wars cartoon(action cartoon but hopefully with a longer running time).

only thing I would love is it JMS got to write it.(that would be awsome!)

OskertheGrouch
30-08-2006, 23:08
O,

and IT MUST HAVE A GOOD SOUNDTRACK!!!!

MORICONE,WILLIAMS, EXPLOSIONS IN THE SKY(WOULD BE MY CHOICE) OR
M83

NO CURRENT EMO/METAL/OR ANYTHING PUSHED ON BY A RECORD LABEL LOOKING FOR A CHEAP BUCK

though a 2001 style totally classical treatment would go down danm well also, Barber's adagio for strings for the death of Sanguinius(Willam Defoe eat you heart out)

p.s sorry for posting twice but i forgot about this and it had to be said.

The Judge
31-08-2006, 19:13
I'd be happy with a good Hans Zimmer treatment. No known music, all original for the production.

Still not going to happen.

Kegluneq
31-08-2006, 19:23
A 40k film would likely be as successful and impressive as the D&D film.

The trouble is that 40k is pretty generic, and moviegoers will see as many references as we do. Chaos would be unimpressive, Tyranids are copies of Giger's creation, Necrons are the Terminator, Tau are a thousand Star Trek stories of the week, and so on. Asking an audience to buy into an entire mythology was a tough order in LotR; so far as I know, nothing like that has even been attempted in sci fi before, without being part of a niche market already.

Commander Ozae
31-08-2006, 21:38
That's true but also the fact that movies need to make money and unfortunetly although GW would probably sell the movie rights for an exorbatant sum the producers would never make enough money to justify making a 40K movie.