Akuma
19-08-2006, 16:51
Daemon Prince
Mark of Slaanesh; General;
Blade of the Ether
Soul Hunger
Diabolic Splendour
Master of Mortals

The big man ( almost ) great at killing all sorts of heroes and knights - he supprts Exalted and hides behind furies mostly ...

Exalted Chaos Champion
Mark of Slaanesh; Chaos Armour
Berserker Sword
Enchanted Shield
Steed of Slaanesh

The Snake Racket - Fast and Ultra deadly - great aginst infantry on small bases ( 9 attacks in total from both him and the snake ) same goes for things such as ogres and stuff he is best in flanking enemy units and delivering braking them all alone or with support from DP

Bray Shaman @ 125 Pts
Mark of Chaos Undivided; Magic Level 1
2x Dispel Scroll

caddie ... not much more magic defanse need - new changes made magic considerably less safe and this army will hit the weekest part of enemy force in turn 3 tops ...

6x Chaos Warhounds

cheep screen ...

6x Chosen Chaos Knights of Slaanesh
Mark of Slaanesh; Barding; Chosen Unit; Shield

Heavy hitting fast unit - i kept it cheep by not giving it a full command - thay only cost 290 pts for 12 s5 and 6 s4 attacks - that can be fatal for infantry ... Thay operate alone near one of the flanks ready to hit unprotected flank and start roll whole battle line ...

6x Marauder Horsemen
Flail

Typical flank charging unit or warmachine hunters + its one of my cores

1x Chaos Chariot

I needed 3 core units ... besides that it goes between 2 beast heards and charges with one of them as support - 5T and 3+ as helps it to get by enemy small arms fire

6x Chaos Furies

Typical flayers of chaos army - small to be manuvrable and able to hunt warmachines and screen my DP or snake ...

9x Gors
11x Ungors
2ndWeapon; Musician; Foe-Render

9x Gors
11x Ungors
2ndWeapon; Musician; Foe-Render

2 mirror regiments - form the slow contingent of the army with chariot and dogs as support - caddie goes with one of the squads - thay are mobile enought to get wherever thay want to and with 5M add to the mobility of this force ... i didnt give them standards as thay will usualy by supported and i dont want enemy to get extra 100 vp when my unruly roll gets wrong ...

Chaos Giant

Missile magnet - 3 big target - it posseses serious threat so enemy will have to devide its fire betwen him and my DP or Snake Rocket ... takes the flank opposite to Fiends

2x Fiend of Slaanesh

I realy like how most enemys underestimate them - in fact thay are much better then chariots for their point cost and great for holding up flanking enemy force - with those two on one flank i can safly direct my attention twords the center of his force and if he leves the flank open i can even take advantage of that with my fast cavalry ...

Casting Pool: 3
Dispel Pool: 3
Models in Army: 72
Total Army Cost: 2000

Ok the tactic is to either go refused flank with fast stuff ( 2 characters , knights , furies , marouders , dogs , giant ) and steadly advance with slower stuff on the second ( 2 beast units supprted by chariot and 2 spawns on the other ) ... OR go the old fasioned way of 2 stronger flanks closing on the enemy and 2 characters as support striking where they need too ...

The whole army is prety resilient to shooting ( good number of support units and the presence of knights ) , magic is to random and besides i have the speed needed to get to enemy very fast so he wont have time to cast much spells , movment is not a problem couse all my army is both fast and manuvrable ( without solid blocks of slow infantry or big unwildy units of cavalry ) ...

I have to test this army yet but i'm curious about any major or minor flaws that I'm not aware of - so if you see any fire away and say whats wrong and how to change it

ps. I know my spelling .. sucks but im in a hurry and dont have time for spell checks :( sorry for that

Neknoh
19-08-2006, 17:14
Looks good, what I'd wager on doing would be to remove one Horseman and use those points for a Musician, give me some time to think about this army and it'll get ripped to shreds.

Oh, btw, if there is anything which would allow you to get lvl 3 on your DP, go for it, 2 extra Dispell Dice coupled with 7th editions deadly miscast table will ensure you that your opponent won't get many spells through

Akuma
19-08-2006, 18:14
Looks good, what I'd wager on doing would be to remove one Horseman and use those points for a Musician,

for +1 ld on raly roll i prefere 1s5 attack and one s3 attack as with my luck with raly tests thay will run away anyhow :)

Oh, btw, if there is anything which would allow you to get lvl 3 on your DP, go for it, 2 extra Dispell Dice coupled with 7th editions deadly miscast table will ensure you that your opponent won't get many spells through

I've thought about that but that would be a bit of a waste.
1) it would seriously upped his cost ( 120 pts ) and he is not that hard to kill - so i want him to give away as little points as possible
2) if i would get 4 or 3 lvl of slaneeshi magic i would go for magic all around ( 2 beastshamans with second levels ) as slaanesh magic is to good to not be used to the fullest :)
3) I will build second army around the idea of Deamon Sword wilding Spell Familared Mage lord and post it here :)

ardude
19-08-2006, 18:37
I of teehe first good looking slaanesh list I've seen.
but why no repturus standart in the chaos knights?
that's one of the big adventages of them begin slaanesh.

personally I also don't lile giants becouse they die 2 fast of missles.

but besides that a perfect list:)

Akuma
19-08-2006, 18:54
but why no repturus standart in the chaos knights?
that's one of the big adventages of them begin slaanesh.

Definitly standard is very nice but i would only bother if i would give full command squad and upped thair number to at least 7 ... with new lore of metal spells and ever present hand guns this unit if opponents sees that its fully tooled up can parish in one turn tearing away great chunk of points from my army :) - if i would up the points overal ( to 3000 pts ) i would undoubtly fallow your advice. Plus when no standard chempion or mussian is presnt opponent often thinks thay are regular chaos knights :) and 6 extra s5 attacks always makes the diffrence between draw and won combat :)

personally I also don't lile giants becouse they die 2 fast of missles.

I agree - but as i've said id rather have him die then Exalted on snacke or my DP - besides if my DP gets toasted somehow giant is best things to tackle dragons and stuff like thet ( he has a chance aginst any monster out there due to his special attacks ) - besides - if opponent dosnt have much missile fire he is just great ( VC for example , TK to some extent , Brettonia ) and he couses terror and thats always worth having in such army

but besides that a perfect list

I just think its nice and tournament able without going for 8 chariots or tzeensh dragon lord ... :angel:

Voltaire
19-08-2006, 19:39
I like your list and think you need a Marauder Horsemen musician.

I like the sound of your Sorceror Lord w/ Daemon Sword & Spell Familiar. Just make sure when you're doing that list that you mount him on a Steed of Slaanesh.

Akuma
19-08-2006, 19:40
List is already done and posted :) acctualy i'm happy with both as i have almost all the models - few minor buys and i will be ready to play without proxing ... - realy hate that ...

Akuma
19-08-2006, 20:21
Ok I've switched one gor for one ungor in each heard and that gave me points to buy Maruder Horsman musican you all recomended without hindering the model count :)

Good job on this advice - thx everybody :)