PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf Army list

Lord_Sanguinius
21-06-2005, 04:47
Ok i'm brand new to Dwarfs and this is my first army list i'm trying to make. Give suggestions and tips and changes i should make. Here it is:

Dwarf lord 135
great weapon 6
light armour 3
rune of striking 10
Master rune of snorri spangelhelm 75
Master rune of gromil 25
Rune of iron 15

Runesmith 70
Gromil armour 8
Rune of spellbreaking 25
Spelleater rune 50

Runesmith 70
Gromil armour 8
Rune of spellbreaking 25
Spelleater rune 50

10Miners 120

16warriors 112
heavy armour and shields 32
Great weapons 32
cmnd. 25

16warriors 112
heavy armour and shields 32
Great weapons 32
cmnd. 25

10 thunderers 140

10 thunderers 140

20Hammerers 280 (dwarf lord joins this unit)
Shields 20
cmnd. 30
Rune of slowness 50

20Ironbreakers 260 (kept debating between them and longbeards but strength 6 is good)
cmnd. 30
Rune of slowness 50

Cannon 100
Rune of forging 35
Master rune of defense 40

Stonethrower 85 ( the 2 bolthrowers as one special choice was hard to resist, but didnt have the points)
Rune of accuracy 25
Rune of reloading 30

Total: 2022

The one and only James
21-06-2005, 05:12
Well, I'm new to Dwarfs also.

Instead of a Lord I would bust out with a Battle Standard Bearer. I think the Runesmiths are fine though.

I think your warriors units are to small, 20 should be the minimum. Your Thunders and Miners are fine.

Keep the Ironbreakers over the long beards, the low save can come in handy. The Hammerers are also just fine. But, for the cannons, you can't use a Master Rune more than once per army. So I would take a Cannon put the Rune of Forgeing on it, then drop the other it replace it with a Stone Thrower with the Rune Accuracy.

As for your rare choices, the Organ Gun is total crap, drop that to get the extra warriors. Or ever a Flame Cannon

Lord_Sanguinius
21-06-2005, 05:29
Well, I'm new to Dwarfs also.

Instead of a Lord I would bust out with a Battle Standard Bearer. I think the Thanes are fine though.

I think your warriors units are to small, 20 should be the minimum. Your Thunders and Miners are fine.

Keep the Ironbreakers over the long beards, the low save can come in handy. The Hammerers are also just fine. But, for the cannons, you can't use a Master Rune more than once per army. So I would take a Cannon put the Rune of Forgeing on it, then drop the other it replace it with a Stone Thrower with the Rune Accuracy.

As for your rare choices, the Organ Gun is total crap, drop that to get the extra warriors. Or ever a Flame Cannon

ok thanks, i wanted to reply your dwarf post but i wasnt sure what to type.

The one and only James
21-06-2005, 05:44
Wow, no replay eh? I take that as a complement, that must mean I have a solid army.

Lord_Sanguinius
21-06-2005, 05:53
Wow, no replay eh? I take that as a complement, that must mean I have a solid army.

pretty much but i havent always been a fan of thanes. the only time i'd take one is if i had points and/or really wanted a standard bearer and if it was a small campaign and had to have a list below 2000 points. but thats just my opinion. they do make up for their points though ;) .

Megilain
21-06-2005, 11:07
Easy on the runes, you have invested 505 points to them, thatīs quarter of the army. Waaay too much. Then you seem to have some mis-conceptions about the use of runes too.

1. A weapon inscribed with runes loses itīs normal bonuses or disadvantages, so if you rune a great weapon its loses itīs +2 to strenght and strikes last abilities effectively making it a hand weapon.
2. No runic item may have the exactly same combination of runes, so the other of the standards of the elite units is illegal and so is the other runesmiths equipment.

So I would suggest that you atleast change the other elite units banner to something cheaper, perhaps the +1 to combat resolution-rune and either change the other smiths spelleater rune to a master rune of balance or two runes of spellbreaking. And consider reducing the amount of points you use in runes.You could consider reducing the number of points you use in runes. Think about it, if you would remove the Snorri spangelheim, Master rune of defence and rune of reloading you could by another unit of thunderers or perhaps a gyrocopter...

Lord_Sanguinius
21-06-2005, 14:54
ok, less runes would help. i know the weapon loses its normal stats. and i'll change the warmachine thing and swap runesmith runes.

User Name
22-06-2005, 05:57
Lords usually dont make up their points since they and the hammerers he is in can easily be avoided until they can be charger on many fronts, thanes are a much better buy for the poits, its easy to save points on runes with the great weapon gromril armour and rune of stone adds that extra punch to any desired unit, give the runesmith with master rune of balance the master rune of gromril and make him the general, a BSB is always good in a dwarf army, even without any runic banners, although giving him the rune of slowness in a warrior with great weapon unit is a nasty suprise

Failing that just give it to the hammerers its not worth the points for ironbreakers

cannons dont need any runes, you can get 2 bolt throwers for the cost of the runes on your cannons, stone throwers with rune of accuracy is all thats needed, penetrating if you are facing many t4 untis, a s5 stone thrower is just plain nasty.

warrior untis should be at least 20 with hw and shield, 25 if you give them great weapons

Lord_Sanguinius
23-06-2005, 02:51
Ok maybe i should drop the cannon cause d3 wounds isnt good against regiments. I'll probably give the stonethrower the scatter reroll rune and the +1 strength cause with that on the stonetrhower it has a way better chance to be wiping out troops. My gaming group for the lustria campaign made the new army list restriction to 1200 points so i'll be posting another list soon. i'm glad i got some good advice though.

Tormentor of Slaanesh
26-06-2005, 15:23
miners are crap. if u settle on the ironbreakers, try well armoured warriors. instead of longbeards, which i don't like (crap), try a thane led fw warrior unit. they are cheaper in points and money. with the extra points have bolt throwers. u can't have two sets of rune of slowness, have battle banner on the ironbreakers. replace one of the runesmiths with a thane, they fight better. few armies has that much magic

Lady's Champion
26-06-2005, 15:32
Yea, go with Tormentor, his Dwarves always win- lose the miners

DisturbeD_
27-06-2005, 16:57
get long beards, they are the same as hammers but no stbborn but are 3-4 points cheaper i think i lost my codex

Lord_Sanguinius
27-06-2005, 18:45
ok i'll take the longbeards then, does anyone know if i'll get in trouble by admin. if i post another army list thread? cause i said my gaming group changed pts. to 1200.

The one and only James
27-06-2005, 20:10
I really can't see why you would get in trouble for posting another army in this thread.

Lord_Sanguinius
28-06-2005, 00:56
ok i'll go for it then.