PDA

View Full Version : 13th company of the space wolves

War_Lord_10
30-03-2005, 03:32
I have been looking everywhere but i cant find an answer, does anybody know if i can use the 13th company of the space wolves to fight with my space wolves or is the 13th company a company that fights by itself?

Ar-Earandur
30-03-2005, 04:06
What do you mean exactly?

13th Company canęt have any allies whatsoever. So they ruleswise canęt be allied to even Space Wolves. On the other hand if they were to ally with anyone at all it would be with the Space Wolves.

War_Lord_10
30-03-2005, 05:31
i geuss i put it in a confusing way, what i mean is that im collecting the space wolves , can i add on to my army by getting some guys from the 13th company

Thylacine
30-03-2005, 06:15
War_Lord_10

Not too sure what the question is. You can mix and match you 13th Coy models in with you normal SW's, lots of gamers do this.

If you want to use 13th Coy and Space Wolves on the table at the same time, I can't see why not, you must use two army lists. It would be an interesting game, some SW's transporting and others not, some with tanks and others without.

I am not sure how you would do in a tournament, then again if your lists are legal and they allow one more than one detachment, it would be legal.

I play wolves and I would have no problem going up against an army like that.

Thylacine

War_Lord_10
30-03-2005, 06:53
thanks for the help. 13th company looks good so i might have to go and buy some

t-tauri
30-03-2005, 20:09
The only way you can use Space Wolves and 13th together is as two separate detachments. Two completely separate force organisation charts.

You can interchange your lists between games to alter SW into 13th company, especially if you paint your SW dark and don't have your 13th too "Chaosy" so you get double value from your minis but you can't have Storm Claws and Wulfen with Tanks in the same force organisation chart.

Wolflord Bloodangel
31-03-2005, 01:10
Simple answer: no.

You cant simply take a squad of Grey Slayers in your Space Wolf army. Or purchase a Rune Priest with the Gate instead of one with Stormcaller. Like has been said the only way you could field both types of Space Wolves on the table at the same time is if youre playing such a large battle (4000p ish) that you are taking two detachments, one whole, seperate, army of each.

Xhalax
01-04-2005, 23:44
Also, if you took Space Wolves and 13th Company as a fighting force (kept seperately of course....as people above have said), it makes quite a nice storyline to the fight (if you like that sort of thing).

Then after it's all over, for fun, you should make the 13th Co. go nuts and attack the Space Wolves as they're lost in a torrent of rabid bloodlust from all the fighting (it happened kinda in a short story in Inferno. A pack of Wulfen chewed on a small group of Space Wolves til the Wolf Priest showed up with his spray bottle filled with water and managed to shoo them away).

Brunificus
01-04-2005, 23:59
Then after it's all over, for fun, you should make the 13th Co. go nuts and attack the Space Wolves as they're lost in a torrent of rabid bloodlust from all the fighting (it happened kinda in a short story in Inferno. A pack of Wulfen chewed on a small group of Space Wolves til the Wolf Priest showed up with his spray bottle filled with water and managed to shoo them away).

Thats kinda dog eat dog ;)

Xhalax
02-04-2005, 00:31
That sounds almost as good eatin' as road kill!

boogle
27-01-2006, 18:36
sorry to really drag this out of the ether but Xhalax and me were just talking about 5 minutes ago and she said there was some background about 13th Company mainly fighting against Khornate CSM, hence there predominance of red in the army, does anyone know if this is true and if so, when can this be found

Da Reddaneks
27-01-2006, 18:47
From what i understood your talking about using the 13th company werewolf dudes (i know you said 13th company but you also referenced specific 13th company models "looking cool" and those are the only ones that look especially cool). if that was your question then the answer would be ... No.

Keravin
27-01-2006, 18:48
The predominance of red was entirely down to the painting style. That's why there was an article in White Dwarf suggesting how they look with other Traitor armour pieces.