PDA

View Full Version : What will happen to the Lizardmen Southland list in 7th edition?

fracas
20-08-2006, 22:55
title says it all.

1. it appears to me that the Southland list was included in 6th only to appease all the players from 5th editions with skinks with short bows. I fall into this category with about 100 skinks with short bow. However, now that another edition of the rules is emerging, i wonder what are the chances there will be any rules at all for skinks with short bows.

any rumor or speculations?

2. i am feeling very skeptical, enough to consider forking out the money to convert them to shields+javelin skinks. or is blowguns better?

thanks for any and all replies.

Gupp
20-08-2006, 23:01
they'll stay i think...and a new lizardmen book is years off.

Tanith Ghost
21-08-2006, 05:01
I'll second that. No need to panic, at least not yet.

DeathMasterSnikch
21-08-2006, 05:25
Meh, I don't think they will stay. There's no skinks with shortbow minis ecept the old 'newts' from the previous edition. GW don't sell those anymore so they can't make money.

Asmuch as I'd prefer skink cohorts I think they're being phased out.

ZomboCom
21-08-2006, 09:20
Bear in mind that there won't be a new lizardman book for probably 4 or 5 years.

Don't worry about it, in other words.

ithilmar
21-08-2006, 11:56
The only problem i think will be that they can now be marched blocked.

Axel
21-08-2006, 21:32
I use the skinks with short bows as "stand ins" for blowpipes. I never got a problem with that, though I also have never used the Lizardmen in a competetive environment.