PDA

View Full Version : 1500pt. Clar Karrond List

szlachcic
21-08-2006, 04:05
Here is my smaller sized list for the Clar Karrond army I am starting to build for 7th Edition. I am eventually going to build it up to 2500, but I am just going to start here and see how it goes. This list is mostly just the beginning of a themed list and may not be the most competitive out there, but any suggestions will be noted.

Noble - Heavy Armor, Sea Dragon Cloak, Shield, Blade of Ruin
*Mounted in Chariot

Noble - Heavy Armor, Sea Dragon Cloak, BSB, Seal of Ghrond
*Mounted in Chariot

Sorceress - Dispel Scroll, Dark Steed
*Inside of Dark Rider unit

5 Dark Riders - Musician, X-bows

12 Executioners - Full Command, Banner of Murder

6 Cold One Knights - Standard (not sure if I should just get a Champ instead)

2 Cold One Chariots - spears

War Hydra

As you can see there aren't as many beasts in this list, but the larger versions of it will definately have more. I was trying to have most units be mounted or a beast, except for the executioners, who I just like to use. I guess I could drop the executioners for something more mobile so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Donga666
22-08-2006, 21:56
The Executioners don't seem to sit well in that list.

Reapers perhaps?

OR

X-bows

Something that 'focuses' your opponents attention away from your more fragile elements.

Full Comm & warbanner for the Cold-ones would make them into much better regiment breakers because this list WILL struggle against Satic-res armies.

I would also maybe take a noble out of a Chariot and give him a TerrorFex (?is that it, the 'makes them cause Terror' item. Or am I thinking Dark Eldar) and put him on a steed. Great is small games (-1000pts) because you can scare many people off.

Not having played Drichii since 3rd ed, maybe ignore what I have said???

szlachcic
22-08-2006, 22:16
Ok, how about this then:

Noble - Heavy Armor, Sea Dragon Cloak, Shield, Lance, Dark Steed, Deathmask

Noble - Heavy Armor, BSB, Seal of Ghrond
*Mounted in Chariot

Sorceress - Dispel Scroll, Dark Steed

10 Warriors - X-bows

6 Cold One Knights - Standard, War Banner

2 Cold One Chariots - spears

5 Harpies

War Hydra

I think this list fits the theme a little better. I have never used my general on a dark steed and am really unsure of how to use his unit. I guess since it will be causing Terror then I should just run around units and hope they fail terror tests and use him to add some punch to the unit if I have the oppurtunity to attack a flank or rear. I don't really want to give a full command to the Cold One unit since they are already taking up enough points and I don't want to have one single unit be worth a lot more than the others. I can't take reapers as my one rare slot is taken by the war hydra. Also, I don't see how this list will struggle against static res armies as it is designed to negate most static resolution except for outnumbering and banners which I will hopefully make up for in flanks/rear and kills. Any more suggestions would be great.

szlachcic
23-08-2006, 04:59
I just played against a dwarf player with the list I posted above (the second one). His list looked something like this:

Thane - General w/ runic weapon/armor, inside of warrior unit
Thane - BSB, inside of longbeard unit
Slayer Hero - inside of slayer unit
20 Warriors - command
20 Longbeards - command
12 Thunderers - command
20 Iron Breakers - command
12 Slayers - command
Organ Gun

The battle started off with him deploying most of his units around a hill that his missle units were on. His right flank had slayers, his center had warriors, and his left flank had longbeards and iron breakers. I set my War Hydra, DRs w/ Sorceress, and 2 Chariots opposite of his right flank, my Warriors and Harpies opposite of his center, and my CoKs and DRs w/ Noble opposite of his left flank. The game was basically a bunch of manuevering so that he could not set up favorable combats and so that I could. I was able to isolate his Thunderers, Organ Gun (thanks to a misfire), Slayers, and Warriors by the end of the game and destroy them. I never had enough units to charge the Iron Breakers and Longbeards so they were ignored. I ended up only losing my War Hydra (a mix of shooting wounds and a few bad saves), Harpies (failed a charge and then were shot to pieces), and the Sorceress's Dark Rider unit, which meant that I had won by a margin of roughly 480ish points which I guess is a solid victory.

The unit of the match had to be my General's Dark Rider unit since it accounted for the organ gun, thunderers, and played a large role in defeating the warrior unit with a rear charge. The model of the match was probably the War Hydra for the sheer amount of punishment it could take and dish out. This list was extremely fun to play with and rewarded patience greatly.

Donga666
23-08-2006, 09:06
I DO like the look of your second list (I will come back to Druchii some day). It is still quite fragile (apart from the hydra!) but it has a much better feel and makes more sense.

I'm guessing the deathmask had no effect on the Dwarfs :D

Good for Hord armies.

szlachcic
23-08-2006, 13:37
I'm guessing the deathmask had no effect on the Dwarfs :D

Haha, yeah the deathmask had no effect on his units, but you never know when someone will get a bad roll so it was worth taking. Even though the Deathmask was ineffective, just having the Noble in a Dark Rider unit made a world of difference.