w/ Shield, Spell Familliar, Disc of Tzeentch,

257pts 15 Warriors of Tzeentch (MoT)
w/ Standard, Shields

257pts 15 Warriors of Tzeentch (MoT)
w/ Standard, Shields

152pts 20 Maruaders
w/ Light Armour, Shields, Standard

99pts 3 Screamers of Tzeentch

Please comment. Colour scheme is black cloth highlighted with shadow grey. Metals are boltgun metal washed with regal blue and then a wash of purple over that nearer the botton of each metal surface for a dark tzeentchy look and very pallid flesh, bleached bone mixed with codex grey highlighted up to the top with more bleached bone each time. Pictures of the warrior unit due to arrive soon will appear in P&T in a week or so.

der_lex
21-08-2006, 09:33
Instead of the spell familiar, I'd sooner try to boost the champ up to an exalted champion. The list seems a bit slow, and without full command or halberds/extra hand weapons, your footsloggers might have a hard time even when they actually reach the enemy. You might want to consider dropping a unit of chaos warriors and to use the free points to get those upgrades for the rest, and perhaps some marauder horsemen or a Firewyrm of Tzeentch (Tzeentch-marked spawn).

immortal99
21-08-2006, 10:28
Ooops, I fogot to mention its against an undead army, so speed doesn't matter to much. Should I swap the screamers for hounds? I could get about 16 of them for the same price. I really want to keep the 3 blocks of infantry, moght be slow getting there but I'll use the hounds for protection and the Exalted Champion is going to be dishing out magicy death all the while getting rid of the units proving most troublesome...

Neknoh
21-08-2006, 10:44
Quite clearly, a Hallberd and a Dispell Scroll would be the ultimate to stick on that Exalted then.

The Hallberd will allow him to go hunting for those nasty necromancers whilst the dispellscroll will block one Vanhells Dance Macabre.

Aggainst the Undead, you don't want Shields on your Warriors, you will want Additional handweapons, a banner, a Warbanner and a Musician.

A Spawn or two will be the perfect unit to bring in order to tie down Zombie tarpits, also, do note that the Firewyrms of Tzeentch are perfect for lamebroiling zombies.

immortal99
21-08-2006, 11:00
What is Vanhells Dance Macabre? And i uderstand you point about the additional hand weapons - makes sense muchly. What with my friends mmain idea of magic being foucused on raised hundreds of skelllies up out of the ground.... I'll alter the list soon.

Neknoh
21-08-2006, 11:21
Vanhells Dance Macabre is the ONE spell you must always stop, it is a movement spell with a rather high castingvalue which gives a unit a free move, be it a charge or a normal move.

immortal99
21-08-2006, 11:42
Ok, thanks. Now i wonder if he will have the sense to use it... Probably... not.... Thogu hi've been proved wrong by him many times before...

I might have to shrink my chaos warrior units then, which I really don't want to do...

244pts Exalted Champion of Tzeentch (MoT) <---{MoT = Mark of Tzeentch]
w/ Halberd, Dispel Scroll, Disc of Tzeentch,

202pts 10 Warriors of Tzeentch (MoT)
w/ Standard, Additional Combat Weapons

202pts 10 Warriors of Tzeentch (MoT)

152pts 20 Maruaders
w/ Light Armour, Flails, Standard

150pts 2 Firewyrms of Tzeentch

Is this better and what do I do with the remaing 50pts?

Neknoh
21-08-2006, 11:54
You will want that Musician, trust me, once you loose to zombies because they had a musician and you didn't, you will never leave homwe without a musician aggain.

The Lightarmour on the Marauders is wasted points, in fact, if your opponent is a zombie-lover, you could even go for Greatweapons on them, seeing as the zombies would strike last, if your opponent prefers spears, go for the Flails.

Now, fifty points spare... hrmm.. Musicians for those Chaos warriors and a unit of five or six Warhounds to act as baiters, annoyance and screens.

immortal99
21-08-2006, 12:19
You will want that Musician, trust me, once you loose to zombies because they had a musician and you didn't, you will never leave homwe without a musician aggain.

The Lightarmour on the Marauders is wasted points, in fact, if your opponent is a zombie-lover, you could even go for Greatweapons on them, seeing as the zombies would strike last, if your opponent prefers spears, go for the Flails.

Now, fifty points spare... hrmm.. Musicians for those Chaos warriors and a unit of five or six Warhounds to act as baiters, annoyance and screens.

I think he is more a skellie liker than a zombie person... I'll ask him if hes getting any zombies.

immortal99
22-08-2006, 08:08
242pts Exalted Champion of Tzeentch (MoT) <---{MoT = Mark of Tzeentch]
w/ Halberd, Dispel Scroll, Disc of Tzeentch,

226pts 12 Warriors of Tzeentch (MoT)

226pts 12 Warriors of Tzeentch (MoT)

130pts 20 Maruaders
w/ Flails, Standard

150pts 2 Firewyrms of Tzeentch

30pts 5 Hounds

I've made some adaptions to the list. For my warriors, is two ranks of six better or worse than three ranks of 5?

Neknoh
22-08-2006, 09:00
I'd say it's better than three ranks of six, you will get that extra Warrior into btb contact, however, if you notice him deploying four wide, do the same for your Warriors, you should still be able to outcombat him, if he deploys five wide, two ranks of six will tear into those Skellies like there's no tomorrow.

The marauders should be fielded in a five by four formation, five wide and four deep.

What I still miss in the list are musicians, but, nothing is perfect, good luck on defeating him