PDA

View Full Version : moving warmachine crew

Minotower
21-06-2005, 13:22
Last time I played there was an interesting situation:
Dark riders were coming around a forest, they could just see a dwarven bolt thrower, the crew standing behind their machine.
The dwarf could move the machine 3", just moving out of LOS from the DR. However, the crew had to move more than 3" to be out of LOS.

Now what is the correct way:

a) The machine itself can only move 3" and then the crew can be placed within 1" of the machine. But by doing this, they can be moved more than 3".
The reasoning behind this is that they're constantly running around the machine, pushing and pulling it to reposition it.

b) The crew can never move more than it's allowance because warmachines (as a unit) can not march.

Let me know what you think

Thanks

Avian
21-06-2005, 14:27
A model may not move further than it's movement allowance*, so B.

*except when marchin, charging, fleeing, etc.

Rik Valdis
21-06-2005, 15:38
I would also agree B, if you allow the crew to move more than that by saying they are always moving, would you then let them be moved at any time without stopping the bolth thrower from shooting? That would just be silly.

Major Defense
21-06-2005, 18:49
You just have to ask yourself, "self, am I (or is my opponent) trying to interpret this rule in such a way that lets the unit get extra movement?" If your inner-self isn't a cheating jerk then he will answer "yes" and tell you to knock it off.

:D

Minotower
22-06-2005, 09:28
It is not really possible to gain extra movement with the machine, it still only moves its normal allowance. But can you reposition the crew around the machine if they, by doing so, move more than their normal allowance? (but still no more than their march move) And remember they must of course still stay within 1" of the machine.
In reality (bad comparison for warhammer) they would be moving around the machine all the time, reloading, aiming, ...

Major Defense
22-06-2005, 11:29
It is not really possible to gain extra movement with the machine, it still only moves its normal allowance. But can you reposition the crew around the machine if they, by doing so, move more than their normal allowance? (but still no more than their march move) And remember they must of course still stay within 1" of the machine.
In reality (bad comparison for warhammer) they would be moving around the machine all the time, reloading, aiming, ...

Warmachine crews can't march with the weapon. They can only ever march on the way back to their weapon after fleeing. So when moving the machine they can only move their base distance.

Avian
22-06-2005, 14:34
would you then let them be moved at any time without stopping the bolth thrower from shooting?
Only when pivoting to fire, not as any sneaky way of making it move further than allowed to.