PDA

View Full Version : New Fanatic Rules?

Vogon
21-08-2006, 18:01
Hi,

Not sure if this is the right forum but as it is a question concerning rumours I thoguth I'd try here first. If I'm wrong would a Mod please move it to the appropriate place.

There have been consistent rumours that the way fanatics will work in the new O&G army book will be that they are used as a stand and shoot reaction.

In the latest WD the battle report has O&G (according to Jervis Johnson) using the new rules.

During the pre-amble Jervis says that Alessio uses the Gyrocopter to draw out the fanatics by placing it within 8" of the units.

So what's the story? Are they a stand and shoot, a release once within 8" or some combination of the two?

Cheers

Vogon

Lordsaradain
21-08-2006, 18:09
I've also read the battle report and have a few other questions:

The goblin warboss had a magic armour(armour of protectyness) and a magic sheild(sheild of spite or sth). He also had a magic sword. I'm wondering, how could one model have two items from the magic armour list and what effect does the magic items have?

The NG shamans had two and three 'magic mushrooms' respectively. Have the rules for these changed, as before hero level n. shamans only recieved only 1 mushroom,?

Arnizipal
21-08-2006, 18:14
Actually, it was the Talisman of Protectynuss (or some such crummy spelling), not the Armour.

The Dark One
21-08-2006, 18:14
battle reports don't realy use the rules corectly they make loads of mistake, i wouldn't put anything into it

Sylass
21-08-2006, 18:16
[...]There have been consistent rumours that the way fanatics will work in the new O&G army book will be that they are used as a stand and shoot reaction.

In the latest WD the battle report has O&G (according to Jervis Johnson) using the new rules.

During the pre-amble Jervis says that Alessio uses the Gyrocopter to draw out the fanatics by placing it within 8" of the units.

So what's the story? Are they a stand and shoot, a release once within 8" or some combination of the two?

Cheers

VogonThey work pretty much like they used to work during 6th edition. From memory, three of the differences are:

Fantatics are still released if an ememy unit moves within 8" of a unit hiding Fanatics. The movement of the unit stops until the movement of the Fanatics is done. The unit may then continue moving or stop where it is. Chargers must continue their movement. :skull:
now hits caused by Fanatics are S5, armour piercing instead of not allowing an armour save
in addition to the normal rules (hitting terain, rolling doubles), Fanatics are removed from the game if an unit ends up standing "on top" of a Fanatic once the unit stopped moving...however, the unit will suffer from standing at that place. :skull:

*edit*

I've also read the battle report and have a few other questions:

The goblin warboss had a magic armour(armour of protectyness) and a magic sheild(sheild of spite or sth). He also had a magic sword. I'm wondering, how could one model have two items from the magic armour list and what effect does the magic items have?
Amulet of Protectyness:
When wounded the character counts as having the same save/ward save as the model that caused the wound.

Spiteful Shield:
Enemy model rolling a 1 when trying to hit the shield bearer suffers a S5 hit for every 1 rolled.

The NG shamans had two and three 'magic mushrooms' respectively. Have the rules for these changed, as before hero level n. shamans only recieved only 1 mushroom,?
A Shaman can carry more than one, yes. :)

Lordsaradain
21-08-2006, 18:30
Actually, it was the Talisman of Protectynuss (or some such crummy spelling), not the Armour.

Oh, well I actually only scanned through my friends WD earlier this day and I must've misread 'amulet' or something...
Thanks for pointing that out.

Amulet of Protectyness:
When wounded the character counts as having the same save/ward save as the model that caused the wound.

Spiteful Shield:
Enemy model rolling a 1 when trying to hit the shield bearer suffers a S5 hit for every 1 rolled.

A Shaman can carry more than one, yes. :)

Thanks for clearing that up! Might I ask what effect the sword had too? :D

Sylass
21-08-2006, 18:34
What was the name of the sword? Usually I don't buy the WD anymore and this issue wasn't an exception...

Vogon
21-08-2006, 18:41
Cheers Sylass

Lordsaradain
22-08-2006, 18:38
What was the name of the sword? Usually I don't buy the WD anymore and this issue wasn't an exception...

Well, cant remember the name exactly, it was X's something (think the name started with an 'S') ...
:)

Arnizipal
22-08-2006, 18:54
*digs through pile of magazines in bathroom*

*fishes out current WD*

Shaga's Sword
Spiteful Shield
Amulet of Protectynus

EDIT: Also in the army: Rowdy Grot's Big Red banner and Nibbla's Ring

Lordsaradain
22-08-2006, 21:31
EDIT: Also in the army: Rowdy Grot's Big Red banner and Nibbla's Ring

They're the same as before, right?(rulewise I mean)

truthsayer
22-08-2006, 21:49

Here's hoping the Big red raggedy banner has a "within range" rule and all goblins can use the bonus not just commons.

With the new Edbutt being Strength 5 this is a nice little item, even better than before.

eldrak
22-08-2006, 22:33
Fantatics are still released if an ememy unit moves within 8" of a unit hiding Fanatics. The movement of the unit stops until the movement of the Fanatics is done. The unit may then continue moving or stop where it is. Chargers must continue their movement. :skull:

Yay, now you can safely trigger the fanatics with flyers if the gobbos pass within 8" of terrain or units they don't want to maul to badly without leaving your flyer out in the open too much.

Asuril
23-08-2006, 03:52
For the Amulet, is that before or after str adjustments to save?

For example, if the gobbo is hit by a grail knight at strength 6, does he get the 2+ armor save, or will it go down to 4+ cos of the strength?

Milgram
23-08-2006, 06:25
For example, if the gobbo is hit by a grail knight at strength 6, does he get the 2+ armor save, or will it go down to 4+ cos of the strength?

grailknight comes, beats you into the face, wounds you, you get his save for all future wounds (i.e. 2+ armour and 6+/5+ save). at least this is how I understood it.

Crazy Harborc
24-08-2006, 01:41
All this discussion is making the wait for the new armybook THAT much harder to do. So many toys to try out.

Avian
24-08-2006, 07:37
Apparently they both work differently than before.