PDA

View Full Version : World Eater backround question

Imperial Stormtrooper
22-08-2006, 03:53
I know the World Eater's original armour was White and Blue, but i have heard from my local GW that the World Eaters left one part of their armour white after the heresy. Is this true? I would like a clarificarion before i take my berserkers back to the painting table.

Thanks in advance

Malphax
22-08-2006, 04:05
I've got a variety of bone-colored skulls and such, but no white on my Zerkers. I've also read quite a bit of fluff about the WEs and never heard anything like that. It seems sentimental and very much at odds with the post-Heresy Legion.

All of mine are quite vividly red, no white to be found apart from the skulls and tusks.

Ardathair
22-08-2006, 04:40
I remember the older models having a shoulder pad depicting a planet in a toothy maw, the planet was painted blue for the seas, brown/green for the land, and white for the clouds. (very much like a painting of earth) This may be where the idea came from.

Don't remember anything about the legion changing colors. I remember seeing a chart listing the current and previous colors for SM legions/chapters, just can't remember where.

Malphax
22-08-2006, 04:45
Most of the traitor legions repainted their armor after the Heresy. World Eaters were originally white armor with blue shoulders and backpacks, and they went red for Khorne when they went over to the "dark side." There's an article on the US GW site about the pre-heresy paint schemes, and they usually include it for their Index Astartes articles in WD.

BrainFireBob
22-08-2006, 05:49
I think they're misconstruing a statement from the Index Astartes, where the World Eaters each carried a piece of armor from those who turned in the Heresy.

Icarus
23-08-2006, 14:22
IIRC, the World Eaters never actually went as far to paint their armour, it just got completely covered in so much blood.

Chainsworded Codpiece
23-08-2006, 15:48
IIRC, the World Eaters never actually went as far to paint their armour, it just got completely covered in so much blood.

Nah, they painted it. And remodeled it. That's why the new spikes and skull-bits and such. And the brass edging to half of everything they carry. That couldn't happen by accident.

Just becuase they're homocidal maniacs doesn't mean they don't have their lucid days. They just subordinate their imaginations to decorating their personal space "properly", on those days. That includes dudding up their armor with appropriate symbols and colors, as they see it.

But yeah, I suspect a lot of the pigment for their paints was actually acquired from the gore and pulverized flesh of their esteemed victims.:)