PDA

View Full Version : Starship troopers

Stormtrooper Clark
22-08-2006, 15:56
So i was walking round Scarbrough in England and this store that sold mainly Warhammer was selling the Starship trooper game and i was wondering, is it very popular? Anyone in the Yorkshire area play or know where people play it? I was thinking of starting the Mobile Infantry if so (The Humans) and wondered what i need.

Thanks

Parka boy
23-08-2006, 00:06
I have a Starship trooper game question what are the figures like and do they come pre-painted or bear plastic?

thanks

emperorpenguin
23-08-2006, 00:49
Well SST is quite popular in my neck of the woods...

The rules are very good, quite ingenious. For the MI you'll need the rulebook, the MI armybook and models!
So your best bet is to get the basic set with rulebook, 16 MI and 20 Arachnids included.

@ Parka boy

bare plastic. Pre-painted is a disgusting word! :p
The quality varies but the rule of thumb is the arachnids = lovely, the MI = fiddly but quite good, skinnies = hit and miss

beardstache
23-08-2006, 01:35
The quality varies but the rule of thumb is the arachnids = lovely, the MI = fiddly but quite good, skinnies = hit and miss

They look a hell of alot better once you put the paint on them.

emperorpenguin
23-08-2006, 13:02
They look a hell of alot better once you put the paint on them.

I have a Skinnie army, they look cool!
Starting an MI army next.

shakespear
23-08-2006, 13:27
The sytem is done by Andy Chambers. Its more "realistic" than 40k, closer to 2nd edition without all the crazyness.

The models looks good, but nobody beats GW at sculpting...

Goq Gar
23-08-2006, 13:48
The game sounds pretty cool, I saw some models at a shop a while back that looked a little SST... but I couldnt be sure, there werent any bugs to reference.

Im gonna keep an eye out for them!

emperorpenguin
23-08-2006, 17:36
The models looks good, but nobody beats GW at sculpting...

Unless they let Morley sculpt! :D

Rabid Bunny 666
23-08-2006, 18:42
Its a good little game, alot more flexible.

Army-wise, the Arachnids look awesome, and you get hundreds in games
MI are coolish, the basic ones are a bitch to assemble, but the Marauder Suits rock!
Skinnies: Some are cool, but mostly bad
Forth: Dunno yet, the concepts looked cool.

Personally, i'm doing a Marauder Platoon, but i need to get 3 More Ape Suits and 3 more Chickenhawks before i'm done. Then i need to loop other people into playing it, i'm the only one at Maidenhead :(

edit:The cool thing is reactions. Units don't sit there and let htemselves get slapped silly, when enemies get within a certain distance, they react, like opening fire, withdrawing, readying guns, or countercharging.