PDA

View Full Version : how would you defete this army?

inq.serge
22-08-2006, 17:31
how would you defete this army (http://www.thegreatuncleanone.com/viewShort.asp?ArmyID=211418) (if possible)?

(note, the slann is in the spearman unit)

Latro
22-08-2006, 18:01
Bring my Army of Sylvania ... nothing special. :D

fubukii
22-08-2006, 18:56
shouldbt be hard you got 16 saurus with your slann nothing a lil warped lighting/cannon plague etc etc couldnt handle in one turn.

vampires are cool!
22-08-2006, 18:59
sit back, wait for you to come in range then charge you with an army of skelotons

ardude
22-08-2006, 19:13
with my own lizardmen list:p:D no prob:cool:
all you need to do is hit the unit the slanns in and you win.
he has a second generation slann and it isn't even in a unit of temple guards!

if you charge him with something that hits hard ( a big units of knights with a hero inside, 4 dragon ogres, a dragon, a treeman something like that).
+1 flanking units and he is dead.

if I would play with lizardmen I would burn all the skinks with my salamanders and magic of the slann.
the cold one riders will raid skinks ( this probably won't be enough but it will stop the skink units that preform a threat). and my saurus block and temple guard block will frontaly charge his saurus units.
leaping my kroxigors over to one flank ( with protection of 40 skinks).

when I play with tomb kings I will shoot his skinks with archers, and charge them with magical charge. ( again this probably won't kill all the skinks but it will stop the skink units that preform a threat).
then leap a unit of chariots with hero in the flank ( he has only 5 dispel dice I have the movement spell 6 times:D ).
3xd3 = 6 hits +d6+1 = 4,5 hits. 10,5 hits.
riders give 1,5 S4 hits
and 5,5 S3 hits
prince gives 2 s 6 hits
so that's 12 S4 hits = 6 wounds = 5 kills
and 5,5 S3 hits = 1,8 wounds = 1,5 kills
2 s 6 hits = 1,5 kills

totall of 8 kills + banner war banner and outnumbering in the end. brings me with 11
he has a banner......
RUN SLANN RUN. when I overrun hime that will give me arround 1200 pts..
( and I didn't even had a frontal unit with mutch ranks).

truthsayer
22-08-2006, 19:30
Play skaven and use the storm banner to get rid of the skinks shooting. then surround and kill kill

Goq Gar
22-08-2006, 20:18
Pfft, for 2000 points My lizardmen could rip a few holes in that. Less Skinks, more saurus, or some cav.

DeathMasterSnikch
22-08-2006, 20:20
Overwhelming numbers of clanrats, spearheaded by stormvermin with my Greyseer or warlord.

DarkTerror
22-08-2006, 20:39
That's a relatively easy list to beat as you have one real target. Kill it and the army goes down.

Your Mum Rang
22-08-2006, 21:00
I know a lot of people say you overestimate skinks but I've never found them that scary. If you have any shooting they drop.

Sashu
23-08-2006, 00:24
I play skaven, I can field an army of going from one table edge to the other. I would just march forward. It would trap the skinks, and there is only so much a 660 point mage can do. Slann are a big old waste of points in my opinion.

Ethereal
23-08-2006, 10:39
load up on template weapons like mortars and stone throwers, that minus 1 to hit wont save the skinks when the catch a rock in the noggin!
Also, a well placed round could decimate that big unit of saurus, and even cause decent damage on the slaan. try to hold your battle line againt all those skinks. Finally, DONT LET THEM GET MAGIC SUPERIORITY!!!!! THIS COULD GET YOU OWNED!!!!

Neknoh
23-08-2006, 10:43
the Brass Orb, simple as that

Skitterleap him next to the Slanns unit and nuke him to ratkingdom come!

inq.serge
23-08-2006, 12:12
but when skink scouts are deployed in water, more then 2" from the edge, they counts as out of sight, and they kill all wizards at the begining of the game, giving the slann magic superiority, the sauruses are fear causers, that easly kill opponents in cc and easely outnumber them (after attacking).

DeathMasterSnikch
23-08-2006, 12:15
but when skink scouts are deployed in water, more then 2" from the edge, they counts as out of sight, and they kill all wizards at the begining of the game, giving the slann magic superiority, the sauruses are fear causers, that easly kill opponents in cc and easely outnumber them (after attacking).

Thats depending upon the enemy wizard not being in a unit, there being a water feature and the wizard being near teh water feature. Meanwhile theres an army steamrolling towards the slann and very little to protect the 'all eggs in one basket' character.

Latro
23-08-2006, 12:37

Okay, looking at it from my Sylvanian perspective:

- You need to have water features on the battle-field first to be able use those ... and even then it's the same effect as hiding in a wood, normal scout behaviour

- Kill all wizards how exactly? Do you seriously expect them to walk out of their units, line up in front of our Skinks and shout "Shoot me!" ... :eyebrows: On a side-note, my army doesn't use wizards (apart from the Vampire Count of course) but uses Grave Markers which can't be killed.

Some number crunching:

Skink shooting v. Sylvanian infantry ... and I'll give you every advantage possible: close-range, no moving and double-shot. Congratulations! The Skinks just killed 2 (Javelins), 3 (Blowpipes) or 3 (Chameleon) Zombies!

Saurus infantry v. Sylvanian infantry ... and the Vampires who lead them of course. The Vampire kills 1 or 2 Sauria, the Sauria kill 3 Zombies back (gosh, is that the Cursed Book nearby?) and the Zombies do nothing ... 1 or 2 Zombies crumble. So you lose 2 Sauria for 5 Zombies.

... guess who has more combat units on the field?
... guess who is going to summon more units? (4 summoning spells each turn)

I'm not going to claim an auto-victory here, but I've played against armies like yours before and it's not something that especially worries me.

Gotrri
23-08-2006, 12:59
It's pretty easy. I'll handle the skinks with my magic. Then make some holes in the main unit and charge it with my tzeentch lord, knights and maybe marauders. That army had'nt got any kroxigors so it is pretty weak.

Neknoh
23-08-2006, 13:05
Oh, this is one of those "My army is unbeatable" posts, now I see why not everyone isn't suggesting the same army but different ways.

Well, now, there are a number of things, first of all, those skinks needs to be elliminated, easy pickings boys!

Two Beastherds and a unit of Furies should be enough to deal with all of the skinks, and trust me, you wouldn't get to pick and choose terrain, if an army would gain a huge advantage from terrain, let's roll for it.

Now, let's see here, the Beastherds will basically get two strength 3 WS4 attacks for each Skink in combat, so, I take it those skinks will get slaughered, the Furies cause fear, have flying and two strength four attacks each IIRC, even more butchered skinks.

now, we need to deal with the Slann, this can be done in several ways, and, with only six levels of magic on your side (no wait, I just killed the Skink Priest with my Furies, or I forced him to run far, far away), that'll be easy. Not to mention the 7th edition rules preventing you from channeling dice into the Slann and also making sure your skinks can't run rings arround me.

First of all, you have one more Saurii unit to deal with, let's send in the Chosen Knights of Slaanesh with the Raptorous Standard aggainst it, also, for the heck of it, let's include an exalted Sorceror of Slaanesh with the Daemonsword in the unit, I'll throw out a LOT of hurt and hit you on 3+ with all of my attacks (let's see... Saurii being on 25mm bases means 6 Chosen knights and the Sorceror gets into BTB... hrmm... that's 13 strength 5 attacks hitting on 3+, 7 strength 4 attacks hitting on 3+ and 6 strength 6 attacks hitting on 3+, and let us not forget the fact that I'll be hitting first in all consequtive rounds as WELL as me only being hit on a 5+ AND my sorceror still being able to cast spells wildly).

Now that we are chopping up that unit, let's send in our fourth special choice aggainst your Main unit with Slann, namely, the four Chaostrolls and the mounted Aspiring Champion of Slaanesh Battle Standard Bearer with the Beastbanner, now, with two more Sorcerors, one of them having a Spell Familliar and one of them having a Power Familliar, I am most certainly going to have Luxorious Torment, meaning I my Trolls will be Frenzied once I've rid the woods of the skinks, now, with the Beastbanner and Movement 6, I will get the charge, and those four trolls allone will deal out 24 strength 5 attacks, meaning you'll end up with arround 8 or so dead Saurii, which should be enough to win me the combat, this slaughter will keep on going in the next combat when Marauder Horsemen fall into the flank of the 19 storng block of Saurii and help the Knights in breaking them, the knights will then be able to use turn 4 to get into position whilst the Trolls hack away even more (and remember, would I loose combat, I would have a Battle Standard Bearer within reach for the unit), the Knights would then plow straight into the flank of the few remaining Saurii, taking out whatever that is left and then killing off the Slann.

it could be over even sooner would I be able to cast Enrapturing Spasms on your main block fighting the Trolls, in fact, if that would happen, your unit would run for the hills the very turn the Trolls hit home, seeing as those 24 strength 5 attacks would hit automatically, wound on a 3+ and you would have nothing but a 5+ wardsave to save you, basically, ALL of the Saurii would die, the Slann would be both outnumbered and have lost combat with... arround... 10 or so.

And I still haven't used all of my points :evilgrin:

T10
23-08-2006, 13:08
how would you defete this army (http://www.thegreatuncleanone.com/viewShort.asp?ArmyID=211418) (if possible)?

(note, the slann is in the spearman unit)

I'll defeat that army with a combination of any two of tactics, luck and superior force.

-T10

Ethereal
23-08-2006, 13:54
but when skink scouts are deployed in water, more then 2" from the edge, they counts as out of sight, and they kill all wizards at the begining of the game

Ethereal
23-08-2006, 13:58
id do what i do against my one of my regular wood elf opponents with waywatchers and stick vulnerable characters in units, defending them from that lethal shot, or poisin in the case of chameleons. Then engage the scouts with a decent cavalry unit and there you go, your wizards are alive but you have wasted a decent portion of your army. anyone got a better solution

Wings of Doom
23-08-2006, 14:07
With three units of 12 black knights, a lord with the wailing helm, a battle standard bearer with the Hell Banner and a regular thrall... Give the thralls unit of knights the screaming banner. Terror tests on 3D6 take the lowest you may be, but if you're scouting in close enough to kill my wizards (of which I have 1 level 1, and just a couple of dispel scrolls) as soon as I move you're gonna be fleeing. Your magic will take out (maybe) 1 unit of knights, but by my turn 2 the other 2 have slammed into your saurus and either
a) made them flee with terror/fear (unlikely on Ld9 with re-roll)
b) made them flee by raping them in combat (more likely, due to 9 str 6 killing blow attacks and a fightey character in each unit, so you're probably going ot be outnumbered by, oh, look! a fear (or terror, but it has the same effect) causing unit. Then you'll be run down. Wow, I just got 1060 victory points for killing your slaan (660+200 2nd Gen+100 general+ standard)! Plus another 350 pts for the saurus, plus half of your skinks that have fled... I think I just won!
Hooray for me!

English 2000
23-08-2006, 14:10
High Elf Prince in a big unit of Silver Helm Cavalry.
He carries the null stone.

WAARRRGGHHH!

I mean CHAAARGE!

Nuff Said.

English 2000
23-08-2006, 14:12
I've faced armies like this (but they were better thought out than this one) with my Necrarchs. Even with his uber slaan of death he couldn't dominate the magic phase and he got spanked every game.

Ethereal
23-08-2006, 16:13
i think that you should replace some skinks and the sauri with temple guard, if you really wanna put all your eggs (no pun intended) in one proverbial basket.

Voltaire
23-08-2006, 18:07
Magically, is how I would defeat this army. Specifically, playing as the Undead ofr Tzeentch Chaos. Tzeentch Chaos would rip this list apart simply because they have enough firepower in the magic phase to negate your Skinks and enough combat power to eliminate your Saurus Blocks.