mark of slaanesh

4 chaos ogres
command
armour, shield
extra hand weapons

what do you think?

TheWarSmith
23-08-2006, 22:11
That's a pretty formidable list. Lots of magic, good CR troops, some hard hitting nasties, etc.

I assume the shamans each go into a beast herd?

One thing that may cut down on your points is that I don't think you need 3 dispel scrolls. 2 max, even 1 would be ok. You're goin' in with 3 dispel dice. If anything, I'd drop 2 and take a power familiar to get more consistent spellcasting and dispelling.

You really need foe renders. I know they're costly, but they have +1S, Ld, and +1A. They're a very good way to get those 1-2 points of CR you will cry over when you lose combat and run, especially at ld6, which you'll pass very rarely.

^DrAgOn^
23-08-2006, 22:17
Does that Shaggoth lord have a great weapon?

Because if not you should think about giving him one since he always strikes first!

leeoaks
23-08-2006, 22:22
not sure about the characters.....i was gonna put one in the slaangors unit....and one in two beast herds....they obtain a ld from the lord dont they? if close enough?

with the new rules ive opted for scrolls and powerstones the constant +1 wont give me enough dice in any turn to give me the spells i want to cast! a powerstone will.
yes he does have a great weapon!

^DrAgOn^
23-08-2006, 22:25
yes he does have a great weapon!

Hooray! :D

Another thing is you can't use a shield and two hand weapons on you chaos ogres at the same time so it might be a bit of a waste of points, unless you wanted to make them more versatile, but it makes them a little costy

leeoaks
23-08-2006, 22:47
just means they dont get taken out by bow fire so easily!

TheWarSmith
23-08-2006, 22:47
those shields help a TON in getting them into combat with one piece then tearing the enemy to shreds with 2 hand weapons, but yeah, they're more expensive.

Yes, you can use Ld9 if your shaggoth is within 12"(He can be general, right?), but he's M7 compared to your herds M5. It's a big additional burden to have to babysit Ld6 core troops. I'd really suggest the foe render, he's useful for MUCH more than just the ld.

Voltaire
24-08-2006, 09:51
Foe-render = must.

I also suggest giving your Slaangor the Rapturous Standard and trading a dispel scroll for the Sceptre of Domination. Gives a nice little trick if your opponent runs out of Dispel Dice.
Aside from those few things, I like this army :)

leeoaks
24-08-2006, 10:09
very good ideas...make mental note...i will swap the scroll now....

rhaberova
01-09-2006, 07:43
I think you should start over.

blurred
01-09-2006, 09:14
I think you should start over.

Luckily no one gives a ****** what you're thinking since you didn't give any reason why he should start over. Some people... :rolleyes:

It looks like a good list. I'd maybe give GWs to your ogres; they're almost always more effective than additional hand weapons. In addition, consider dropping some slaangors. They are a very expensive, slow unit so they may end up doing nothing in most games. Few furies wouldn't hurt either. :)

corben_da
01-09-2006, 09:36
take dragon ogres rather than chaos ogres...
they kick ass :) and with shaggoth lord it would suite this army.
you have great magic pool and with slaanesh magic you can
do wonders at battlefield with army like this ;)

leeoaks
01-09-2006, 18:40
thanks....why should i start over, some people are plain nobs! urm the dragon ogres are way more expensive....the slaangors only move one lower than the big boys why would they not see battle? i only included them for some ranks.

rhaberova
01-09-2006, 18:53
Luckily no one gives a ****** what you're thinking since you didn't give any reason why he should start over. Some people... :rolleyes:

It looks like a good list. I'd maybe give GWs to your ogres; they're almost always more effective than additional hand weapons. In addition, consider dropping some slaangors. They are a very expensive, slow unit so they may end up doing nothing in most games. Few furies wouldn't hurt either. :)

I believe he asked what i thought. ...and that really hurt my feelings:cries:.. You have too many points tied up in heros and magic. You should get rid of a shaman and get 5 man minotaur units.

angry_elves
01-09-2006, 19:23
beast men have very little or no shooting right so magic dominace is important i play wood elves and ive found that i can take out alot of beast men before they reach any wear near my glade guard but my friend tryed a different set up with 3 Lv2 and i got slaghtered especially with that spell that makes units move towards a certin piont use it to draw out missle units and war machines then flank or rear charge them

Voltaire
01-09-2006, 19:24
Congrats on actually saying something constructive.

The beauty of a horde army is that you can invest a lot in characters and still be guaranteed to have a modest army. That and knowing most of your army is immune to psychology and striking first is definitely a plus and something I would consider as a factor in buying less units.

angry_elves
01-09-2006, 19:31
im not sure if u can have them in a slaanesh beasts army i havent read the army book yet but im wondering y u dont have Centigors ive heard they're really good

Voltaire
01-09-2006, 19:32
You can have Centigors, and you're right, they are good, except for being drunk...

angry_elves
01-09-2006, 19:39
You can have Centigors, and you're right, they are good, except for being drunk...

do they have stupidity?

zak
01-09-2006, 21:03
Centigors are good and the drunken rule means on a one there subject to stupidity and on a 6 there subject to frenzy. I like them and at 17 points each there a good buy. Especially against WE as they move through woods with no penalties.
As for the list. I would drop one of the shamans, especially with the new rules (miscast) etc. They don't have much in the way of a leadership boost and if your planning to ambush with them then they will be off the table for atleast one turn. Also the herds have low leadership and are often shot at on the first turn that they appear. If they run off the table with your shaman, that's a lot of wasted points. I would also rather have Dragon Ogres than Ogres. Yes, there more expensive, but they are far, far better. With double handed weapons you get s7 and 3-4 ws 4 attacks. They are lethal against chariots, giants, knights and well just about everything.
I must try out a Shaggoth Lord. Sounds great.

leeoaks
02-09-2006, 17:28
They don't have much in the way of a leadership boost
the dragon ogre gives the beasts as high a ld as they can get....the new miscast tabe isnt that bad and the slaanesh magic needs to dominate! i wont ambush with anything! the herds will be at ld 9 and the shaman wont run because hes immune to it (i think any way) there will be an 18 man herd in front of the mage units so u will have to get them out the way first!

rhaberova
03-09-2006, 04:30
I don't really see the point of taking lots of magic and characters with a "modest" army size when you can just take a little of both of those and have a overwhelming army, but i guess everyone has thier own tactics. To be honest i've never seen one of these completely magic oriented beastmen armies work in person and don't think it's really possible. I also use one or two shaman usually with "that spell that makes units move" in the way of wild call (staff of darkoth), unseen lurker, and steed of shadows for characters. I use some magic I just don't understand why everyone insists on using %40 of thier points on magic and characters, seems like a waste. Also I'd take minotaurs instead of either chaos or dragon ogres. They're much better for the price of either of those.

AventineCrusader
03-09-2006, 13:59
I also use one or two shaman usually with "that spell that makes units move" in the way of wild call (staff of darkoth), unseen lurker, and steed of shadows for characters.

He wasn't refering to the Shadow lore spell that makes your own unit move. If you had actually read the post you would realize he was talking about the Slaanesh spell that causes enemy units to move toward a point of your choosing.

Crusader

leeoaks
03-09-2006, 16:47
He wasn't refering to the Shadow lore spell that makes your own unit move. If you had actually read the post you would realize he was talking about the Slaanesh spell that causes enemy units to move toward a point of your choosing. correct...please read the post before replying!

the slaanesh lore in all its glory is nasty! why take two mages they wont get any spells off! i would be better off taking two level 1s with scrolls and a fighting character!

but i like the control aspect of the army! the one and five spell are great spells and fun in a game situation.

DirtJumper
03-09-2006, 18:04
The only bad thing about the list that I can see is that it's led by a Shaggoth. Now don't get me wrong, Shaggoths are awsome, but it takes away your ability to Ambush, which is really what the Beasts army is all about IMO, and it's also incredibly powerful in 7th.

leeoaks
03-09-2006, 19:05
i agree......but i think the fact the list is fast it can still function! the shaggoth doesnt have to be a lord i dont mind either way

metro_gnome
03-09-2006, 23:08
then play the greater bray-shaman... you get your magik and ambush...
run the shaggoth normal...

leeoaks
03-09-2006, 23:17
yeah just thought a shaggoth lord would be cool

DirtJumper
04-09-2006, 01:46
Oh, it certainly is, especially with MoS and a Great Weapon, but I find that Ambushing is much better.

leeoaks
04-09-2006, 09:26
the good thing is i can try the same list with the same models....less money!

rhaberova
04-09-2006, 23:40
He wasn't refering to the Shadow lore spell that makes your own unit move. If you had actually read the post you would realize he was talking about the Slaanesh spell that causes enemy units to move toward a point of your choosing.

Crusader

I realize what he was talking about, i was just suggesting a different method to do the same thing (or is there really that much difference between their unit moving towards you or your unit moving closer to them??). Man you guys are all sex deprived @ssholes with warhammer boners! Read my post, before telling me to read someone elses and making yourself look like a hypocrit.

leeoaks
05-09-2006, 19:45
I realize what he was talking about, i was just suggesting a different method to do the same thing (or is there really that much difference between their unit moving towards you or your unit moving closer to them??). Man you guys are all sex deprived @ssholes with warhammer boners! Read my post, before telling me to read someone elses and making yourself look like a hypocrit.

ok......very mature of you...There is a huge difference between the two. There is also the fact that the army wouldnt be a slaanesh one if the heroes arent slaanesh.

as for you comment....grow up. before you decide to have a go think about what your saying. Is there a difference between moving my force against the opponents? well i'd say just maybe. If you cant tell i'm being sarcastic.

what is it with some people! just for reference my sex life is fine!

Man you guys are all sex deprived @ssholes with warhammer bonersthe other funny thing is that you must be one of those a-holes posting a comment like that!

woody
06-09-2006, 10:14
i have some........yeah take the shaggoth as a normal one and get either a great bray shaman or a doombull. they both are very good in their own way...:skull:

leeoaks
06-09-2006, 11:29
this was another thing.....a doombull. how do you equip such a beast?

DirtJumper
06-09-2006, 19:16
If you're going with Slaanesh, you could take the standard Blade of Blood/Pendant thing with a great weapon in reserve for taking out high armor save oponents. Once again, the problem I see here is that taking him as your general denies you the chance to ambush, but still a very scary character. You could go with the Great Shaman, with MoS and the Daemon Sword. You won't win any awards for creativity, but it would certainly give you a Lord who is capable in both H2H and Magic.

metro_gnome
06-09-2006, 19:26
or a daemon prince with blade of ether, soul hunger, and unliving idol...
makes a great figurehead... tho ambush is lost again...

the doombull cannot take the pendant...
not only because a doombull cannot take any other type of magic item but a weapon...
but because no beast character can take enchanted items at all...

but i would go with the greater bray shaman...
for one of the cheapest level 4's in all of chaos...
and ambush...

Spaco
14-09-2006, 19:39
Nice list- I have a khorne version with Shaggoth general with which I've been playing with for quite some time, and it's pretty infamous. :D

I concur that champs are needed in the herds for LD and hitting power. Are the herds at 18 to save points? 19 would make more sense, but I understand if you're scrounging.

The slaangors are ok, but eat up a lot of points, so they need something to make them a hard-hitting unit like a magical banner. Gotta get your money's worth, or they're not worth taking.

A chaos spawn or two of slaanesh would work wonders in this list, since they're fast and can get in the way of your opponent's plans like nothing else. Combined with your magic, you'll have your opponent pulling their hair out. ;)

I'd drop the ogres for furies and a spawn. Possibly even some warhounds, as well.

Captain Brown
14-09-2006, 20:59
Gentlemen,

Thank you for all the reports, but there is no more need to report the angry post made by rhaberova on this thread. I appreciate your diligence; action has been taken by the Inquisition.

Captain Brown
WarSeer Inquisition