PDA

View Full Version : The dryad hero picture + explanation

Lady's Champion
21-06-2005, 22:32
Here's the pic

and the explanation- a lot of people don't understand why it looks like it does- in a very cool manner it is changing between states from its alluring aspect into its WAR ASPECT!!!!!!

so there you go

Brimstone
21-06-2005, 22:47
Your attachment is not working.

The one and only James
21-06-2005, 22:51
Wow, thats a pretty sweet model. I must say GW really pulled through with the new Wood Elf miniatures.

malisteen
22-06-2005, 01:40
Many would have prefered a similar look for the common dryads.

Sir Charles
22-06-2005, 05:46
The thumbnail is not working is there any were else onecould check out to see it?

Lady's Champion
22-06-2005, 09:01
Yes somewhere there was a link to a webpage with it on but i forget where- bythebye the thumbnail is working for some people i don't get what's going on

as always, e-mail me at robpgpickles@aol.com if you want the picture and I will gladly send it you

EDIT: here is a link which eventually leads to it http://www.games-workshop.es/warhammer/elfos_silvanos/

Calgar
22-06-2005, 09:42
Here's the pic

and the explanation- a lot of people don't understand why it looks like it does- in a very cool manner it is changing between states from its alluring aspect into its WAR ASPECT!!!!!!

so there you go

Iv heard that there is some kind of Dryad(ish) mage hero in the remade WE army book.
Has anyone else heard of it?

imthedci
22-06-2005, 14:21
You sure that model is a Hero? Last thing I remember seeing was that one of the Special Characters was going to be a Uber-powerful Dryad. Also, everyone has been saying that the dryad Heroes are going to be called Branchweavers or something like that.

Very cool model. Don't think that I've seen such a cool female model since the Tomb Queen. ;)

Squirrel
22-06-2005, 19:00
Iv heard that there is some kind of Dryad(ish) mage hero in the remade WE army book.
Has anyone else heard of it?

Yeah the Branchwraith basically a hero level Dryad that can take sprites and become a magic user...

@imthedci: The special character is Drycha she hates humans for entering her forest without her permission.

Brucey...

Xxcha
22-06-2005, 19:29
is this the normal branchwraith or the special one, or is there only the one model?

Kul
22-06-2005, 19:32
it's the special one (drycha), but I'd use it for the normal one aswell, as there isn't another one (I think)

PARTYCHICORITA
22-06-2005, 21:24
the model is ok but the giant grandma nipple freaks me out... will put some green stuff/paste some leaves on it

amedius
22-06-2005, 23:26
There is only 1 model i know this as i have studied the book thouroughly and there isnt another in there

samw
23-06-2005, 00:34
Standard approach, release the spec-char model and you can use it as a hero if you wish. Same thing if you want a bret lord on a hippogryph (Louen Leoncour) or a warrior priest on a horse (Luthor Huss).

Galonthar
23-06-2005, 08:17
hmm...

so this is the new human hating-dryad char.....

:evilgrin: can`t wait to throw her into the fray against my empire-playing friend :evilgrin:

karneambara
23-06-2005, 09:41
the model is drycha.

I think all dryads are level one mages (sorry all dryad heros) or perhaps they can be upgraded to mages.

Rabid Bunny 666
23-06-2005, 10:44
it would make sense for them to know treesing

Kul
23-06-2005, 12:23
yes, but dryad heroes upgraded to mages, wouldn't that be the same as mages upgraded to dryads? :p

you could use dryad mini's for that (converted?), and it'D be the same :)

Brandir
23-06-2005, 13:12
I like this mini. Not so sure about the blue/grey branches but the model seems very dynamic and will make a great generic Dryad heroine.

Arthion
23-06-2005, 20:37
The picture above is Drycha, which not only hates humans but apparently elves too. Some forest spirits among them this special character have been imprisoned to the SE of Lorien and try to break free.

And branchwraiths can have 1lvl of mage. That way armies composed only by forest spirits have a chance to counter some nasty spells.

Maese Crochets
25-06-2005, 12:18
Drop dead gorgeous model :D
Does anybody know sth about Drycha's rules?

Squirrel
25-06-2005, 22:07
I don't know much but what I have been told is that the entire army can "deep Strike"... Well more like ambush but not from a table edge and the entire army istead of half...

Thats all I know...

Brucey...

Galonthar
26-06-2005, 08:37
I don't know much but what I have been told is that the entire army can "deep Strike"... Well more like ambush but not from a table edge and the entire army istead of half...

Thats all I know...

Brucey...

you gain that ability when drycha is fielded,.. or is that standard?

Nazguire
26-06-2005, 11:30

Thats all I know...

Brucey...

Thus did the Eldar infiltrate WFB...

And it also seems that the Beastmen and WE cross bred and that their mongrel sons are teh armies of Drycha, if they have the Beastmen Ambush rules :D

Squirrel
26-06-2005, 19:37
you gain that ability when drycha is fielded,.. or is that standard?

When Drycha is fielded its in her rules...