PDA

View Full Version : Khorne Daemonic Legion 2K list.

Uraithen
25-08-2006, 05:04
I've long been urging to make a 100% clean Khorne full daemon list and now I think I've come up with the absolute best list of all the ones I've tried. Ok so Khorne is hard to control and because of the whole list consisting of deamon I can't get to many units out there, and that means that a good opposing general can maybe control my list a scary lot on the battlefield. But be that as it may I like this list and I want to hear your opinions!

Daemon Prince of Khorne with Diabolic Spledour, Soul hunger and blade of ether.

Daemonic Herald of Khorne (BSB) with Soul hunger (joining one of the bloodletter units).

Daemonic Herald of Khorne with Soul hunger (joining the other bloodletter unit).

14 Bloodletters with full command (containing the Daemonic Herald with standard).

19 Bloodletters with full command (containing the other Daemonic Herald.

20 Bloodletters with full command.

5 Flesh Hounds of Khorne.

Ok so that's the list. Can't really see that it needs anything else. I'm pretty confident. But please! Take that feeling away from me... :cries:

the_night_reaper
27-08-2006, 04:01
It looks pretty good. As you said your opponent will definately be able to use frenzy to his advantage but I'm sure you'll learn to work around it eventually.

The only thing I'd change is swapping a unit of hounds for a unit of furies. I'm not sure if they come 0-1 or if you need an undivided hero, but if it's legal definately take a unit for some extra peed and unfrenzied relief.

Uraithen
27-08-2006, 12:03
Oh thanks. I would take furies if I hadn't set my mind on a pure khorne list and furies are undivided. My plan is just to use my warhounds for both flanking and frenzy screening other units in the army (by using their free reform and set them up backwards so that they can't see any enemy units. I think it wil work pretty well. Though my thoughts are spinning around trying to determin if I really should use a deamon prince since he is so expensive and have the worst combo ever: flying and frenzy. A copule more heralds may work better.

corben_da
27-08-2006, 15:29
no bloodcrushers?!? they kick ass big time!
i'd take one unit of bloodletters away to give space for crushers :)

Uraithen
27-08-2006, 20:24
Every buddy of mine is saying that too but I think they are to expensive in a 2K game... Even for deamons. I mean what are they? 70? 80? pts each!?

metro_gnome
27-08-2006, 21:33
well with this many blood letters i'd go MSU all the way...
5 units of 10... smaller flanks... frenzys less of a liability...

be careful with your heralds...
they are M6 and will run away from your 'letters like nobody's business...

i'd consider an undivided exalted over the heralds... and a flock of furies...
or mount you BSB on a jugger and stick him with a unit of Bloodcrushers...
either way drop the second herald...

WhiteStar
27-08-2006, 23:16
And get some Bloodcrushers. A unit is only expensive in relation to what it does. A 10 point Gobbo is expensive, a 20 point Chaos Knight is almost free. Bloodcrushers are not expensive - they are an essential heavy hitter choice for this army.

Get rid of the second herald.

I would suggest Furies, but if you want to stay Khorne, then that is fine.

Also, as you want to stay fluffy, why not aim for Khornes chosen number of 8 in your units? I know it's not a particularly tempting multiple with the new rules for ranks :)

DesertDirge
28-08-2006, 19:58
smaller units are a must for a frenzy army. Unless he is slow you will do nothing but follow his fast units around then get spanked in the rear!

TheWarSmith
28-08-2006, 20:59
Very true on the MSU thing. I'd go with units of 10-11. If you want chosen number of 8, go 16 and rank 6 wide, with 4 in the back.

I'd go with bloodcrushers OR a chariot pulled by 2 juggernaughts. Juggers are such BEAUTIFUL models, it'd be a shame not to use them in a pure khornate daemon list.

Donga666
28-08-2006, 21:08
I'd go with bloodcrushers OR a chariot pulled by 2 juggernaughts. Juggers are such BEAUTIFUL models, it'd be a shame not to use them in a pure khornate daemon list.

I would maybe go for the chariot over the pure bloodcrushers, because most gamers will lead blood crushers a merry dance all over the battle field. AND at least a monster chariot will kill what it hits and its easier to keep in tactical reserve (which most Khorne armies lack).

Have you seen the conversion in the SoC book!!! MMMM! Tasty!

But then the Slaanesh one looks nicer (thats the deamon hord I'd go for :evilgrin: )

ardude
28-08-2006, 21:09
looking at the list*
scrolling down to see the rest.
ooh wait that was it...

becouse of that this army will alwais lose form a shooting army.
all of it except your demon prince is T3!

I would get rid of 1 unit of bloodletters and add some furys and some bloodcrushers.

cous now you got 3 frenzyd units with T3 and M4 and 1 general and some fast caf with T3 and again frenzyd