PDA

View Full Version : my friends starting deamon hunters

irvine the waywatcherlord
25-08-2006, 14:01
my friend is starting deamon hunters and i was wondering what he should get to start off? Hes a begginer..

P.S. thanks in advance and secondly if you know of any necron websites please pm me thanks!!

athamas
25-08-2006, 14:02
starting on DH...

thats a tough place to start...

oh well, will be good for him..

depends if he is going for the grey knight army of the =][= one..

cookiescrumble
25-08-2006, 14:04
If he is a beginner i wouldn't recommend Daemon hunters. They are very hard to use effectively.

irvine the waywatcherlord
25-08-2006, 14:12
starting on DH...

thats a tough place to start...

oh well, will be good for him..

depends if he is going for the grey knight army of the =][= one..
he is going for the grey knights should he get an iquisitor lord and 6 hench men?

Inq. Veltane
25-08-2006, 14:16
To be honest pure Grey Knights is certainly not suitable as an army for a novice. It just isn't very competitive. I would suggest the following: A squad of Grek Knights, a squad of Storm Troopers, a squad of Grey Knight Terminators. That gives you two Troops and a HQ and a little more flexibility than with just GKs. In the long term I'd suggest adding more ISTs and a platoon of Guardsmen to back up the Grey Knights... If he really wants JUST Grey Knights then obviously he needs to start by buying lots of Grey Knights...

Rabid Bunny 666
25-08-2006, 14:24
2 Units of 10 Storm Troopers, one Squad with 2 Plasmas for fire support, one with Melta/Flamer for combat, an Inquisitor retinue (use the Torquemanda box) and build up from there.

Grand Master Raziel
25-08-2006, 16:30
Here's what I recommend.

HQ
Grey Knight Grand Master with GK Termie retinue

Elite
Inquisitor (you can upgrade him to an Inqy Lord later if you wish) - can link up with one of the squads of Storm Troopers
Death Cult Assassins

Troops
Inquisitorial Storm Trooper squads with pairs of assault weapons mounted in Rhinos, veteran sergeants with teleport homers.

Fast Attack
Grey Knight Teleport Attack Squads.

Heavy Support
Grey Knight Dreadnought with twin linked lascannon and missile launcher arms (don't glue the arms in, they stay in place without glue, and that lets you swap them around as you see fit).

hootier
25-08-2006, 19:19
I agree with GMR.

Khornies & milk
26-08-2006, 09:41
Hi

It certainly is a tough place to start, especially Pure GK.

But if you include allies, you can make up for DH's main problem, namely

anti-tank and speed.

SoB Battle Squads in Rhinos, SoB Celestians in Immolators, and SoB

Seraphims w/ Jump Packs mix in extremely well with GK's, and make a well

balanced, efficient, and really fun army to play.

With IST squads in Chimeras as troops, and GK's as FA, along with a GM and

GK Termi's as HQ, Dreads in HS, you can have 60 to 70 models in a 2000 point

army that is very characterful as well.

cheers

heretics bane
26-08-2006, 10:14
yeah gaurd are good,cheap and effective in large numbers and are a meat shield for your grey knights and get some awsome artellary, the leman russ is far better than a predator and the bassie will give him a weapon which could destory entire armies, goes through khorne beserkers like butter and storm trooper veteran sergant with thunder hammer is a nasty shock for your oppaent.

t-tauri
26-08-2006, 10:25
yeah gaurd are good,cheap and effective in large numbers and are a meat shield for your grey knights and get some awsome artellary, the leman russ is far better than a predator and the bassie will give him a weapon which could destory entire armies, goes through khorne beserkers like butter and storm trooper veteran sergant with thunder hammer is a nasty shock for your oppaent.
Please try the full stop. It's so much easier to read when you use them.

As a beginner I'd suggest getting a guard or space marine army and then adding Inquisiton to it. Get a small force of IG or SM and use that as the core of a Daemonhunters army. Pure GK isn't the best way for a beginner to start.