PDA

View Full Version : Valkyrie or Vulture?

BaronDG
25-08-2006, 21:39
Does the vulture have troop carrying capacity?

Also, what "extras" should I get for the valkyrie (if I intend to go with that one)?

Chaos and Evil
25-08-2006, 21:48
Vultures do not carry troops.

I own a Vulture, and either kit it out with 4x rocket pods, or lascannons & heavy bombs.

Gaebriel
25-08-2006, 21:49
The Vulture does not have any troop carrying capacities.

On the extras - according to the Forge World site, the basic Valkyrie set comes equipped with everything except the multiple rocket pods.

hootier
25-08-2006, 22:02
I have a vulture... disassembled and still in the box it came in over two years later. I still think it's a pretty cool model to use, but I have never had the time to put it together and paint it.

BaronDG
25-08-2006, 22:13
I know I can't ask for specifics, but in general, how does it work?
Is it

Deployed on the table?

In reserves?

Does it deepstrike?

Gaebriel
25-08-2006, 22:20
Both are classed as flyers, so they stay in reserve.

When available, they zoom across the table in a somewhat complex procedure, fire their weapons/land and disembark/embark passengers, and leave to return.

Alternatively to leaving, they can stay and hover, which means firing but not moving.

BaronDG
25-08-2006, 22:31
Valkyrie it is then! I think I have an idea for how to use my aquila now. Bought it because it looked good. Never used it.
I'm getting the rules now and thought to include another one as well.

Axel
26-08-2006, 14:24
Since you usually can drop your troopers, the troop carrying capacity of the Valkyrie is not usually necessary. The Vulture can carry more weapons AND is not obliged to spend a turn or two deploying the troops. The Valkyrie is, however, a transport, and thus does not block a heavy slot.

Personally I like the model of the Valkyrie more, but have not yet assembled and used mine.

Scythe
26-08-2006, 17:16
Well, deep striking is a bit risky, a Valkyrie does deliver the troopers a little bid safer. Plus it can pop rear armour and kill infantry afterwarths.