PDA

View Full Version : My First Ever Army - A Witch Hunter Project Log

Inquisitor Barbarossa
26-08-2006, 23:47
Hi. Iīve been lurking abour theese pages for quite some time now but has never actually started an army before (yet alone painted a figure). But has now come to my scenses and are starting a small Witch Hunter Army! Yey :cool: .
This Project Log will show my small efforts and first wery stumbling steps to becoming a half decent painter! (or even a bloody good one :D )

The Army will mostley be based around the figures i realy like and not so much (at least in the begining anyway) based on actual gaming.

Let me remind you that these are the FIRST models i have ever tried painting. So i would like to not get comments like "You suck dude" and "my eyes my eyes" and insteed some constructive help!

The background of the army is based on a small Monestry and it's sisters!

Iīve just orded the first models but what itīll be will just have to be a suprise :angel:

bloodlust
26-08-2006, 23:57
You've come to the right forum, as far as learning how to paint is concerned. There are some really amazing artists here. Good luck.

no-use4a-name
27-08-2006, 04:23
If you need help painting Sisters. Here's the website of a Golden Daemon winner. http://www.minivault.com/index.html

He has amazing pictures of his work and describes the steps involved. I've heard that he's pretty friendly and will answer most e-mails sent to him. Just in case...

Good luck with the army. There's nothing like the first time.

FearFrost
27-08-2006, 05:21
Post lots of pics! Good luck!

god octo
27-08-2006, 11:13
yay, another WH blogy thing!!!!

Bluesabre
27-08-2006, 13:24
Yup, the more pics that people see, the more help they can provide you.
Good luck in your endevour, I'm sure it will turn out well.
The main thing is for you to be happy with yourself at what you achieve.

Inquisitor Barbarossa
27-08-2006, 15:59
Small Update:

The army shall be part of the Order of the sacred Rose with some minor changes to the colour scheme!

And i have decided to use Micro arts studios Tech Bases

http://micro.webd.pl/shop/catalog/index.php?cPath=23_27&osCsid=3fdd7017291ee3375643f2297e5726ae

Unique1
27-08-2006, 16:32
I would not advise that on an essentially all-metal army, especcially your first.

The models have a tab that slots into the GW bases, the tech bases dont have this, plus they are not flat, and you have to model the figure round the base, not the base round the figuer (ex. Repositioning the metal figure to work with the pipes etc. on those bases) I would not reccoment them for a first try, unless you know how to use greenstuff well.

just my 0.02

no-use4a-name
27-08-2006, 16:39
Or, clip off the metal tab and pin the model to the base.

If you are going to use the tech bases I suggest that you paint the bases first and then pin the painted model to the base.

Inquisitor Barbarossa
27-08-2006, 17:06
A friend of mine has promised to help me!

Inquisitor Barbarossa
27-08-2006, 18:51
Uppdate

Here's my first attempt at a army list using the "40K in 40 Minutes" rules for a campaign i'm joining

Inquisitor Emanuell
Bolt Pistol, Power Sword, Auspex, Hexagrammic Wards
Crusader & Servoskull
64 Pts

Sisters of Battle Squad
Sister Superior
Bolt Pistol, Close Combat Weapon, Frag Grenades
8 Battle Sisters
Boltguns, 1 Imagifer, Frag Grenades
1 Battle Sister
Heavy Flamer, Frag Grenades
153 Pts

Adeptus Arbites Squad
10 Adeptus Arbites
Shotguns, Frag Grenades
100 Pts

Immolator
Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter
Smoke Launchers, Dozer Blades, Extra Armour
78 Pts

Grand Total Of 400 Pts

Comments?

Unique1
27-08-2006, 18:54
Its alverywell pinning, but Its the repositioning required to use thouse bases and make them look even half decent.

You need a sisters hero to get immolators, and Arbites dont exist, theyr stormtroopers I think.

god octo
27-08-2006, 22:47
nope that list is perectly leagal- though you may want to swap the carapace armour on your inq for something else, they already have a +4 save. Also, extra armour instead of a dozer blaade may be better.

ThousandPlateaus
28-08-2006, 13:22
...and Arbites dont exist, theyr stormtroopers I think.

Just very quickly, that's nonsense.
Anyway - looking forward to seeing some photos as this progresses.

Unique1
28-08-2006, 15:13
I meant in the codex AFAIK.

t-tauri
28-08-2006, 15:49
I meant in the codex AFAIK.Arbites are an optional replacement for stormtroopers in the Designer's note under the IST entry.

god octo
28-08-2006, 19:22
and to get an immy, you just need sisters present.