PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer 40k Sideshow Collectibles

bnf
27-08-2006, 11:43
Apologies if this has been asked before or if it would be better asked in the rumour subforum.
Does anybody know if there are plans to release any more Warhammer 40k statues by Sideshow Collectibles?

I really like the ones they did so far and purchased a few of them but the series is a bit light on non-Space Marines, seeing how it is 16 Space Marines vs 1 Tau.
I think it would be great if they did some more of those statues for all the factions and maybe even for Warhammer Fantasy.
The statues are all sold out from Sideshow and people pay up to double the original price on ebay, so I guess it can be assumed that they were an overall success?

schoon
27-08-2006, 17:06
Seeing as how they stopped production some time ago and haven't released any new statues for quite a while, I'd say that the possibility for more is slight at best. :cries:

I think there's far better chance that Forgeworld does something in each faction in their "statue-scale."

Wraithbored
27-08-2006, 18:28
I just bought one statue for my Cities of death terrain. painted in stone or metalics it should add a good level of detail to the table

Pertinax
27-08-2006, 18:54
There's one! On my Hive tyrant base.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/pertinax/Tyranids/IMG_1234.jpg

Wraithbored
27-08-2006, 22:14
There's one! On my Hive tyrant base.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/pertinax/Tyranids/IMG_1234.jpg

Nice work Pertinax!

Bronka
28-08-2006, 00:46
Forgeworld seem to have stopped making the busts and statuettes. I don't remember the last time they released one. Come to that I can't remember the last time they released something that was purely for Warhammer Fantasy either.

I think Forgeworld has become solely a 40K-upgrades-and-accessories developer.

schoon
28-08-2006, 14:10
Yes, I think that many of the old Sideshow statues are destined to become scenery pieces. I recently picked up a Brother Holst on eBay specifically to break off some bits and remake into a scale statue for scenery.

watcher
28-08-2006, 14:18
well the license was mucked up in the begining, seeing as the sideshow stuff was meant to be for the bloodquest movie, when that fell through, thy used what they had to do a couple of moulds put out some generic marines and said goodbye, but not before GW mentioned there was a video game coming out thier rights in theory covered

bnf
28-08-2006, 20:26
No hope for some Chaos Marines and a couple of Orks then?
*sigh*