PDA

View Full Version : Chaos spawn went even crappier

TheWarSmith
27-08-2006, 17:04
So with the new rules for unbreakable turning into undead pretty much, spawn are pretty crappy. Spawns were great for chaos, holding units in place cause they couldn't kill the T5 monster and it couldn't break.

Now all you need to do is win one combat on it and it's probably gone, with only 3 wounds. At least the tzeentch ones will have some kick to them w/ their breath weapon.

Krusk
27-08-2006, 17:10
IIRC Isn't that rule only for Unbreakable swarms?

Chill.

Neknoh
27-08-2006, 17:19
That rule is for Sarms, not Unbreakables

TheWarSmith
27-08-2006, 17:25
oh yeah, my bad, i guess that does make a lot more sense. I just thought of slayers crumbling like undead.

Something got changed about unbreakable though, not sure what it is though.

NakedFisherman
27-08-2006, 17:29
oh yeah, my bad, i guess that does make a lot more sense. I just thought of slayers crumbling like undead.

Something got changed about unbreakable though, not sure what it is though.

Only swarms and ItP not affecting psychology other than Fear, Terror, and Panic.

lorelorn
28-08-2006, 09:57
in your haste to criticise, you didn't notice a couple of other changes in this edition.

As units can no longer lap round, chaos spawn just got better at their key job; holding up enemy units, since people can't bring so many models against it, making it harder to kill quickly.

Also, wider unit frontages mean there is always space left over for that follow-up chariot charge (or two).

Spawn just got better.

squiggoth
28-08-2006, 10:05
I love it when people complain about vague rumours they've picked up.
Let's start a Moan Thread for 12th edition 40K while we're at it! ;)

Neknoh
28-08-2006, 20:30
You mean Ponies will be rending... and available for Space Marines :p

As for the No Lapping and Wider Frontage, that is true, however, that will also mean more basic attacks aggainst the spawn, 4 instead of 2 or 3.

Voltaire
28-08-2006, 22:26
OMG WTF *Sob* </fanboy sarcasm>

I'd still use them even if the rule did apply. I like my spawn too much.

TheWarSmith
29-08-2006, 15:19
wow, you're right. I apologized about mixing up the rule. I wasn't complaining about a "vague rumour". I mistook a rule change and made comments, granted they were in a negative manner.

rhaberova
06-09-2006, 00:46
That's right Bob Faggot, get it straight. Or at least try...homo.

TheWarSmith
06-09-2006, 01:07
I don't think that it's very necessary to dig up week old posts just to post derogatory comments about people.

Not sure what you feel you're accomplishing in flaming posters.

Reported.

devolutionary
06-09-2006, 02:54

And welcome to reportsville again. Seriously, go somewhere else if you wanna pull this crap. We don't accept this from any retread.

devolutionary
06-09-2006, 03:34
hahahaha what world are you living in?

Using the term retread is the same as calling someone silly instead of what you may really be thinking. Nothing wrong with that. I'm not about to silently ignore such comments. Such ambivalence helps nothing on this forum, it only encourages repeat events.

Brimstone
06-09-2006, 04:52

Congratulations that little comment has earned you a strike and suspension from the forums. Flaming other members of the forum with offensive comments is against forum rules and will not be tolerated.

And welcome to reportsville again. Seriously, go somewhere else if you wanna pull this crap. We don't accept this from any retread.

hahahaha what world are you living in?

Using the term retread is the same as calling someone silly instead of what you may really be thinking. Nothing wrong with that. I'm not about to silently ignore such comments. Such ambivalence helps nothing on this forum, it only encourages repeat events.

Wrong, if you see comments like this again use the report button and we will take care of it. You are also breaking forum rules but under provocation, please don't do it again as you will earn yourself a strike.

This thread is done so I'm going to close it.

The Warseer Inquisition