PDA

View Full Version : Some abandoned units ?

asura
27-08-2006, 21:43
GW have a lot of units in their fluff, who didn't get their own minis. Do you think that we will get Mounted plaguebearers, or Flayerkins of chaos a day ?
What's about these units who appears in warcry and who didn't get their minis ?
If you have other ideas of some good ideas wich were abandonned by GW, just put them in this topic.

TheWarSmith
27-08-2006, 23:44
Pic #2 just looks like a MASSIVELY juiced up Kurgan or something. Possibly a marauder champion with great weapon.

Pic #1 as you stated is a plaguerider. I doubt GW will release a model for this, as Daemonic legions were meant to be a converter/hobbyists army.

Same goes for #4.

MAYBE we'll see models for these if they hit mainstream army books when hordes/daemons of chaos get redone eventually.

ebolatheripe
28-08-2006, 05:59
The second pic has two warriors that look like they've take Bain's steroid juice so I doubt they are champions of some kind. Unless they are Twin Champion Characters or something. They look really cool tho.

DeathMasterSnikch
28-08-2006, 06:07
Flayerkin are fun enough to convert. Don't really want minis. Plague riders would be nice.

asura
28-08-2006, 10:17
Yes we need almost plague raiders...maybe for the 7th edition (this is very hard to convert, and their nurgle beast dont exist in the current range).

Otherwise, I saw an article in a WD of "how to convert the flayerkins". New models would be nice, but they used orc bodys. Do you think that they would have a better look with marauders bodys ?

Before I forget, the name of the unit on the 2nd pic is "slaughterers"...and it' s a shame that they didn't appears in the HoC AB, they look great.

Damien 1427
29-08-2006, 08:56
Flayerkin are simplicity itself to make.

Take a Marauder. Cut off his hands. Replace hands with climbing claws. Add chains to his back. Job done.

DeathMasterSnikch
29-08-2006, 10:49
Orc bodies with chaos warrior heads like on the guide look amazing. I'm gona be getting some soon.

snurl
29-08-2006, 11:20
I'd like to see the Dwarves of Karak Zorn (southernmost hold) get their own minis, as well as the Norse dwarves, who had minis at one time.........

Damien 1427
29-08-2006, 20:02
I'd like to see the Dwarves of Karak Zorn (southernmost hold) get their own minis, as well as the Norse dwarves, who had minis at one time.........

So did the original Norse. Now, apparently, all Norsemen are Chaos Marauders so it's probbaly safe to assume the Dwarves Up North have either been wiped out, corrupted to serve the Powers Most Foul or have buggered off to safer holds in the south.

WarSmith7
29-08-2006, 20:56
I would rule out the plauge rider until the new chaos codex is out, the Daemonic legion may very be be gone for good, so there would be no point for making a model for an obsolete army (I knwo thats ruff, just gotta convert one like people have to now).

The second pic could easily described as Chaos Ogres in heavy armour (that is a chaos warrior between them correct?)

And the last pic looks nothing like how they describe flayerkin in the SoC book. I thought flayerkin were mutants, a horrid blending of man and metal. That pic looks just like a murader with some chains and climbing gear.

asura
30-08-2006, 13:56
plague bearers models would be great and would give a good interest for a chaos army.

Warsmith Strader
30-08-2006, 15:05
Damn, I like that second pic, it would make a good avatar...