PDA

View Full Version : 2000 pt tzeentch beasts list

woody
28-08-2006, 23:08
beastlord
tzeentch, Gaze of The Gods, Chaos armour, horn of the great hunt, the goretooth--327

wargor
tzeentch, great weapon, armour of damnation, talisman of protection--179

wargor
tzeentch, scimitar of skultar, trollhide armour, enchanted shield--175

12 gor, shields, full command
8 ungor, shields--157

11 gor, 2 hand weapons, full command
13 ungor, shields--216

10 gor, shields, full command
10 ungor, shields--155

tuskgor chariot--85

tuskgor chariot--85

20 bestigor, full command, the gore banner, tzeentch--315

shaggoth, great weapon, light armour--306

2000pts total

comments welcome pls:skull:

Voltaire
28-08-2006, 23:50
The wargors are...well they're terrible. It seems to be relying on luck - something you dont want to be doing with the beastmen. If I were you I would get the Pelt of the Dark Young instead of the Talisman of Protection.
The trollhide armour is also a bit redundant because you need 6's to do anything, the same with the scimitar. I would trade them in for a Beserker Sword & the Enchanted Shield.

Nice wargor units. I like the larger amounts of Ungor, makes a lot of difference.

Tzeengor are quite weak. You want them to hit hard, so the Vitriolic Totem is a good idea. The possibility of your Bestigor panicing under the new rules is minimal, especially if you're ambushing. I would leave the Mark on them though.

Yay Shaggoth!

woody
28-08-2006, 23:52
yeah thats what i thought but my brother said that the re rolling tests was good so i tried it out........thankyou on the conformation on that....yes shaggoths are AWESOME!!!!!!:D :D

Voltaire
29-08-2006, 00:00
A re-roll is nice, bu the likelihood is that you are going to be near the general so your Ld will be higher AND the Vitriolic Totem makes you more likely to break an enemy - much better than re-rolling a test thats not likely to happen.

TheWarSmith
29-08-2006, 00:46
I know it's a "staple" item, but a staff of change REALLY is even more useful now with 7th edition miscasts being quite painful. I find that my tzeentch beastlord very rarely dies to wounds, but much more often due to overrun, etc, so i'd drop the gaze, especially as beastlords are only ld8(right?), so it's not as useful as on ld9 chaos lords.

You're spending 31 points on shields for the ungors, which i wouldn't personally. They only really make saves when not in combat, and 6+ isn't really worth it. They could prevent panic checks from 25% casualties, but having an extra 1-2 ungors in each unit would achieve this with more benefit and certainty.

GO SHAGGY!

woody
29-08-2006, 10:07
thankyou for your help. i will try this out and see what happens....:D

TheWarSmith
29-08-2006, 21:17
They play warhammer in Qatar? good luck.

woody
29-08-2006, 22:47
yeah i got like 10-15 people to play over here...how do you know about qatar anyway?:confused:

rhaberova
01-09-2006, 07:40
Get rid of the shields for 31 points (you never get to roll 6+ armour saves anyway and if you do the odds are against you to roll a 6). Also don't ever give your gores shields, it's much better to have 2 attacks at weapon skill 4 then trying to save 1 out of 3 wounds (if you even get to roll for your 5+ save). Don't bother with a vitriolic totem for bestigors! why would anyone do that? That defeats the purpose of having strength 6. You pretty much always wound on a roll of 2 (except against toughness 5 or more!) and give your opponents a -3 armour modifier. With poison attacks they get normal saves! That'd be a waste of points. You have way too many points stashed in heros and your lord. Hope it helps.

rhaberova
01-09-2006, 07:44
I know it's a "staple" item, but a staff of change REALLY is even more useful now with 7th edition miscasts being quite painful. I find that my tzeentch beastlord very rarely dies to wounds, but much more often due to overrun, etc, so i'd drop the gaze, especially as beastlords are only ld8(right?), so it's not as useful as on ld9 chaos lords.

You're spending 31 points on shields for the ungors, which i wouldn't personally. They only really make saves when not in combat, and 6+ isn't really worth it. They could prevent panic checks from 25% casualties, but having an extra 1-2 ungors in each unit would achieve this with more benefit and certainty.

GO SHAGGY!

I forget what the staff of change does...does it let you reroll casting dice?...Anyhow you can't reroll or ignore (with the exception of the Slaan) miscasts under ANY circumstances if that's what you were getting at.

Voltaire
01-09-2006, 10:48
Yes you can, it even says so in the entry in the Chaos book. You simply reroll the casting dice and accept the second result.

woody
01-09-2006, 20:26
lol yeah i does actullay but in the new rules i think tht will get ruled out:mad: not sure thouygh.......hope not:confused: :confused:

Voltaire
01-09-2006, 20:31
Its not going to be otherwise they would have mentioned it in the new WD.

woody
01-09-2006, 21:04
well thankyou for that confirmation i will try free up some points for it:D

zak
01-09-2006, 21:52
It may be an idea to try out a unit of only 5 gors and lot more ungors. I use this as a skirmish screen to protect the more expensive troops behind. It will be in range of your general so I often leave out the champion and save points as these are relatively expensive. It may also be an idea to get some small units of Warhounds as a unit of 6 is only 36 points and they are great at taking out war machine crews and getting rid of rank bonus, which beast herds as skirmishers are unable to do. As they count as US2 you only need 3 of them to hit a unit and bye bye rank bonus. They are lethal if used in a well timed charge with your chariots, Shaggoth or Bestigors.

woody
02-09-2006, 11:11
yes well the thing is so far this army has worked out extremely well so i might not bother with warhounds as i only have 5 of them and no mo0ney
:cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

TheWarSmith
02-09-2006, 15:17
warhounds suck. 2 die, panic easily, then force panics on ld7 troops. That's BAD.

TheWarSmith
02-09-2006, 15:19
warhounds suck. 2 die, panic easily, then force panics on ld7 troops. That's BAD.

The staff of change allows the spellcaster to reroll any or all of the dice he used to cast or dispel. Once he rerolls any/all of the dice, no further rerolls can be made. If you REROLL and get irresistable(fromt the reroll obviously) the staff breaks but the spell still goes off.

It's one of the BEST magic defense weapons in the game. I use it to cast too, but be CAREFUL using it when there's a 6 in your spell roll.

woody
06-09-2006, 11:05
ok ty for that ill free up sme points for him:D