PDA

View Full Version : New Army? [fanmade, not official]

Milgram
29-08-2006, 06:20
on the salon du jeu 2006 GW seems to let something through to the press:

"Animations du Grimoire - WarhammerCôté figurines, le Grimoire vous propose :

Parties de Warhammer Battle

Découverte et présentation en avant première de la nouvelle armée et des figurines.

Présentation du livre d'armée ARABIE."

Source (http://www.salondujeu.fr/index.php?page=2&id_actu=33)

(thanks to nemesis from www.hellhound.ch)

this means somewhat like 'preview of the new army and their models: ARABIA'

don't hold your breath for it.

Senbei
29-08-2006, 06:35
Wow... It's taken long enough. Wonder if it will sell that well in this political climate though ?

Avian
29-08-2006, 06:45
I would believe that's the Warmaster Araby army that has been in the works for some time now.

Shan-Leng-Tzey
29-08-2006, 07:43
This is now the second reference to a new army...
The first one was in the last french WD: link (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44785)

Congrats to Milgram for finding this one.

And to Avian: Although it seems plausible that it just references to the new Warmaster: Arabia, there are some things that doesn't fit this theory.
First: nowhere is written that it concerns warmaster, it only sais warhammer.
Second: Warmaster doesn't have armybooks (I think) and here it clearly sais Livre d'Armée (french for armybook)

It could be something for Warhammer Historical, who knows...

Avian
29-08-2006, 07:57
Oh, that thingy again. We had this question asked a couple of weeks ago and the verdict was that the guy was planning a new army (i.e. one that was new to him), rather than that GW was planning a new army.

Animations of the Black book - Warhammer
Side figurines, the Black book proposes to you: Parts of Warhammer Battle
Discovered and presentation ahead first of the new army and the figurines. Presentation of the book of ARABIA army.

Harry
29-08-2006, 08:20
This is a new army book. It is for warhammer. It is Araby. But it NOT from Game Workshop.
It is not official. It seems to be from a company called 'Association Warfo'. who are writing original material based on the Warhammer world. I think...My french is not so good!

If I knew how to add alink to my post I would but I am a computer idiot. (sorry)

Shan-Leng-Tzey
29-08-2006, 08:24
Oh, that thingy again. We had this question asked a couple of weeks ago and the verdict was that the guy was planning a new army (i.e. one that was new to him), rather than that GW was planning a new army.

Animations of the Black book - Warhammer
Side figurines, the Black book proposes to you: Parts of Warhammer Battle
Discovered and presentation ahead first of the new army and the figurines. Presentation of the book of ARABIA army.

I know that was the verdict. But since when is the verdict of the mass equal to the truth.

Little example: If you show a banana to kids how never saw or heard of a banana before, and you say pineapple, all of them wil think that the banana is called a pineapple. But that isn't the truth.
(I know that this example has no revelance to the current situation, but it's just an example to prove the statement made earlier)

The new army rumour is still a rumour, for it hasn't been prooven wrong. The verdict of the mass isn't a proof.

And is that a Googletranslator-like translation? Because it doesn't quite match the original French...

This is a new army book. It is for warhammer. It is Araby. But it NOT from Game Workshop.
It is not official. It seems to be from a company called 'Association Warfo'. who are writing original material based on the Warhammer world. I think...My french is not so good!

If I knew how to add alink to my post I would but I am a computer idiot. (sorry)

Thanx for clearing this up.

And if you want to make a link, it goes like this:
first, type the word that you to be a link (like "link"). Second, you select the chosen word(s). Third, you clic the insert hyperlink button. Fourth, you insert the hyperlink :D
Not that difficult

Harry
29-08-2006, 09:04
What in th ename of sigmar is the insert hyperlink button?http://www.warseer.com/forums/images/smilies/wtf.gif

Edit: see I cant even add a bleedin smiley face succesfully!

Its here anyway. www.Warhammer-forum.com/?mod=souscriptions.

Think I heard they have a 100+ page Chaos book out in October aswell.

Shan-Leng-Tzey
29-08-2006, 09:11
Warning: Off topic

Sorry, it's not the insert hyperlink button, it's just the insert link button :p
It has the same symbol as infinity in math (an 8 on his back)

(you do know you have to be in the post reply screen, do you? in the quick reply there are no buttons for this :p)

And please tell me the emoticon thing was done on purpose.

asura
29-08-2006, 09:14
I am french, I confirm that it's an unofficial AB from the warhammer-forum (it's like warseer, but in french)

||-MARKO-||
29-08-2006, 10:56
ive translated the french text literally for the english speaking world. ive also tweaked it to make it make sense :p

“Animations of the Black book - Warhammer (Côté was an untranslated word)figurines, the Black book proposes to you: Parts (the new army) Discovered and presentated ahead of the new army('s release) and the (or along with) figurines. a Presentation of the book of ARABIA army. “

Milgram
29-08-2006, 11:15
cote means coast or side.

Wings of Doom
29-08-2006, 17:56
Little example: If you show a banana to kids how never saw or heard of a banana before, and you say pineapple, all of them wil think that the banana is called a pineapple. But that isn't the truth.
(I know that this example has no revelance to the current situation, but it's just an example to prove the statement made earlier)

Acutally, that example is wrong- to the children Pineapple is just a name for what we would call a bannana. It's like saying that a dog is un chien (that being french for a dog) is lying, when really, un chien is just a dog in a differant language. Does that make sense?
But, your point is correct. Just because more people agree, doesn't mean their right.

My poor and unpracticed french translation gives:

Animations of the Black book - WarhammerCôté figurines, the Black book proposes to you: Parts of Warhammer Battle Discovered and presentation ahead first of the new army and the figurines. Presentation of the book of ARABIA army.

WarhammerCôté not being a GW owned company, I'd say: Unnoficial fan made Araby armybook.

Shan-Leng-Tzey
29-08-2006, 22:02
Acutally, that example is wrong- to the children Pineapple is just a name for what we would call a bannana. It's like saying that a dog is un chien (that being french for a dog) is lying, when really, un chien is just a dog in a differant language. Does that make sense?
But, your point is correct. Just because more people agree, doesn't mean their right.

My poor and unpracticed french translation gives:

Animations of the Black book - WarhammerCôté figurines, the Black book proposes to you: Parts of Warhammer Battle Discovered and presentation ahead first of the new army and the figurines. Presentation of the book of ARABIA army.

WarhammerCôté not being a GW owned company, I'd say: Unnoficial fan made Araby armybook.

The example is correct. It is wrong to call a banana a pineapple even if you were tought that a banana is in fact called a pineapple... Here, the word "pineapple" refers to an idea/item/subject/object that isn't a pineapple. There is no language where the word pineapple is used to define an yellow, elongated and slightly bend fruit with black spots on it. It's not the kids fault they're wrong, but they are wrong nontheless.

On the other hand, calling a dog "un chien" is completely correct (as you said) because in one language (French) the word "chien" is used to define a mammal with 4 legs and a tail who is know to be men's best friend, and, coincidentally, the english language calls this same idea/item/subject/object a "dog".

Is this possible to follow?

Btw: did you noticed the fact that your translation is almost the same one as the one Avian gave. He also managed to translate côté as side (which is correct). Astounding how little knowledge of French there is. We can al translate it, but making coherent sentences seems quite difficult.

Harry
30-08-2006, 06:06
Btw: did you noticed the fact that your translation is almost the same one as the one Avian gave. He also managed to translate côté as side (which is correct). Astounding how little knowledge of French there is. We can al translate it, but making coherent sentences seems quite difficult.

Not me....I can't translate a word of it. hell i have trouble stringing together coherant sentances in my own language.

However...
[URL="http://www.warhammer-forum.com/"]

http://www.warhammer-forum.com/mod=souscriptions

As you can see I think I have sorted out the link thingy (Thanks Shan-Leng-Tzey)

So now perhaps you can all stop translating the one sentance and someone can tell me what its all about!

It appears they put together army books with contributions from forum members and profesional writers and artists. But as i don't speak french that could be wrong!

If you like unofficial army books (In french) these boys seem to have done the Mootland and Pirates of Saratosa. If someone can tell me if and how these are available in English I would appreciate it.

http://www.legrimoire.net/default-grimoire.htm

Hope my links work O.K. everyone.

Eldrik Oeil de Lune
30-08-2006, 07:38
I confirm the army book is not official. It has been written for the last years by a group of fans and is now supported by the french warhammer-forum. It is written for sixth edition but should be playable with the new one.

You can see and read previews of the araby araby book in this sub forum:
http://forum.warhammer-forum.com/index.php?showforum=168

There are links to the cover (couverture), some illustrations, a novel and a word on magic. Obviously, the better you read french, the more information you can get.