PDA

View Full Version : 2000pts potentially crappy Khorne Beasts....

Your Mum Rang
29-08-2006, 21:54
Hey all. Just put this list together on a whim because I think beasts are next after Eldar come out....

Characters:
Beastlord of Khorne: Axe of Khorne - Collar of Khorne - Chaos Armour @ 195pts
Wargor of Khorne: Heavy Armour - Great Weapon - Horn of the Great Hunt @ 133pts
Wargor of Khorne: Heavy Armour - Great Weapon @ 103pts
Wargor of Khorne: Heavy Armour - Great Weapon @ 103pts

Core:
Beastherd: 12 Gor - 10 Ungor - Full Command @ 159pts
Beastherd: 12 Gor - 10 Ungor - Full Command @ 159pts
5 Chaos Hounds @ 30pts
5 Chaos Hounds @ 30pts
Tuskgor Chariot @ 85pts
Tuskgor Chariot @ 85pts

Special:
3 Chaos Ogres: Great Weapons - Heavy Armour - Shields - Musician @ 151pts
5 Khorne Knights: Standard Bearer @ 230pts
5 Khorne Knights: Standard Bearer @ 230pts
6 Furies @ 90pts

Rare:
2 Spawn of Khorne @ 150pts
12 Norse Marauders @ 96pts

2001pts

woody
29-08-2006, 22:20
well to be frank its too small get rid of the knights and put in units of 10 gor 10 ungor beast herds. these are much more effective

DirtJumper
30-08-2006, 02:39
I agree, much too small an army for Beasts. Also where did you heard Beasts are going to be redone? So far I don't even think they are on the list of the next 5 armies to be re-done for fantasy, let alone being done right after the Eldar.

Your Mum Rang
30-08-2006, 12:17
No I mean I'll be collecting them after Eldar.

corben_da
30-08-2006, 12:57
make one big beastherd and unit of khorngors to put beastlord in, khorngors kick ass ;) you'll have to take something out to give space for khorngors, but maybe norse marauders would free some points?

DirtJumper
30-08-2006, 15:22
Sorry, my fault for misunderstanding what you said. :)

rhaberova
01-09-2006, 07:12
This army will be crappy, there's no "potentially" about it. Scrap it and start over.

Voltaire
01-09-2006, 09:45
Rhaberova, you've resurrected several topics and hardly provided 'constructive criticism' - be constructive or be gone with yee.

Problem with your list Your Mum Rang - the horn of the great hunt can only be given to your General, not a generic Wargor.

rhaberova
01-09-2006, 18:48
I've given constructive criticism to all the salvagable armies, i just don't see this one being one of them. "...be gone with yee" ...are you serious??

Voltaire
01-09-2006, 19:30
Yes, I'm very serious. You're patronising beyond belief, not something people want with their army. Any list is salvagable if the person is willing to compromise. By posting on these forums, they are hoping to change, not reconstruct.

YMR - you might want to change your Norse to a unit of 15. :)

zak
01-09-2006, 21:12
I think that this is not really a beasts army, but a bit of everything army, but then I'm bit of a purist and very rarely use HoC in a beast army.
I would like to see a Khorngor unit in the army as these are great and much more characterful than Chaos Knights. It really depends upon what models you have to hand. The warhounds are great for ambushing and are real pain for shooting armies who try to hang back and shoot you up. I'd also suggest a skirmishing beast herd unit in front of your troops to avoid your opponent trying to lure your frenzied troops out of your battle line and it protects your more expensive troops behind. If you have the models then replace the ogres with minotaurs with the mark of Khorne and Great weapons.

rhaberova
03-09-2006, 04:51
replace the ogres with minotaurs with the mark of Khorne and Great weapons. Alright someone else knows that minotaurs are better than minotaurs!:) Although Khorne is usually just overkill, but it'd depend on who you play. I believe your 2 spawns with khorne only cost 135 (seeing as 2 count as a unit and you upgrade the unit with the mark), but i could be wrong. Also isn't the general the only one who can have the horn of the great hunt??? I'd drop the furies and ogres to get a 5 man unit of minotaurs.