PDA

View Full Version : Boar Boyz, goin up?

dodicula
30-08-2006, 06:09
Are the points values for Boar Boy'z goin up or down in the new orc army book?

Someone here mentioned that GW sees the dominance of heavy cavalry as a "Army Book" issue, fair enough. I guess we will see whether GW really thinks that starting with the Boar Boyz. Definalty not the worst example of underprice cavalry, but an example nonetheless.

Mephistofeles
30-08-2006, 07:23
Gah, Chaos Chosen Knights of Khorne!

I just had to.

Anyway, I have never thought of it as a problem , I regularly play against opponents who have for example Dark Elf Cold One Riders, and they just pose a greater tactical threat, which I think is great fun!

eldrak
30-08-2006, 09:19
What's a codex?

I suggest you go looking in the News & Rumours/Rumour roundup sections, there's lots of stuff about the new O&G AB there.

cookiescrumble
30-08-2006, 09:21
Apparently going up to 22pts per model, starting a trend for more expensive cavalry units.

zak
30-08-2006, 13:22
There was a rumour that Boarboyz may now be Big 'Uns which would explain the points hike. Otherwise they are a little too expensive for my taste.

Crube
30-08-2006, 13:27
Heh, BB Cav up to 22points, should be not too much of an issue, but if this is the sart of a trend towards higher priced heavy cav, then I can't wait for the Bretonnian book being redone :D

ZomboCom
30-08-2006, 13:46
They're going up to 22pts and have the option to be big'uns for a few points more.

Note that one unit of pretty much each type of orcs can be big'uns. It's not limited per army any more, just one per unit type.

TheWarSmith
30-08-2006, 13:50
how many points were they previously?

Some of the Bretonnian knights probably do need a hike, most notably Knights of the realm, perhaps up to 26 points, but i'll only accept this if we can get ld10 stubborn grail knights for 38 points.

I always really like the looks of boar boys in my friends army. Having looked at them on the website, I'm now wondering if his were conversions from regular orc boys with spears. Is that easily done(do the legs fit?)?

dodicula
30-08-2006, 15:18
unfortunately, bretts are the most complete, and updated miniature range, and they probably won't be redone for years

ZomboCom
30-08-2006, 15:59
how many points were they previously?

Previously they were 18pts I believe.

Some of the Bretonnian knights probably do need a hike, most notably Knights of the realm, perhaps up to 26 points, but i'll only accept this if we can get ld10 stubborn grail knights for 38 points.

The brets won't be getting a new rule book for quite some years yet I'm afraid. The current one was only released a couple of years ago, and the model range is up to date and complete.

I always really like the looks of boar boys in my friends army. Having looked at them on the website, I'm now wondering if his were conversions from regular orc boys with spears. Is that easily done(do the legs fit?)?
[/quote]

They're unlikely to be regular orc boyz, more likely they're based off the riding pair of legs that come on the orc command sprue. This is quite a common way of making plastic boar boyz I believe.

DarkTerror
30-08-2006, 17:23
They're going up to 22pts and have the option to be big'uns for a few points more.

Note that one unit of pretty much each type of orcs can be big'uns. It's not limited per army any more, just one per unit type.

I believe the upgrade is 8 points more. I dare say it won't be very common.

Shimmergloom
30-08-2006, 18:01
ah. The cost of a chaos knight for ld7, 3+ save, spears w/s4 and 33% chance you can't control him.

Stouty
30-08-2006, 18:17
This is going to hurt but I have a sneaking suspicion when they re-release chaos, knights will cost them an arm and a leg. Admitadly though Shimmergloom's example was a little misleading for myself as when I think of chaos knights I think of chosen with a mark of some sort.

Still, boar boyz won't be liking this if this is the entire picture.

DeathMasterSnikch
30-08-2006, 18:19
Yep, especially Khorne knights. Frenzy is going to give 'em a kick up the **** in points.