PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Khorne 2k

PelsBoble
30-03-2005, 15:28
Do you think this will stand any chance?

Lord of Chaos 650pts (Lord)

Base: Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor
Options: Undivided; Berserker Sword; Armour of Damnation; Enchanted Shield
Mount: Dragon of Chaos
----------------------------
The scroll caddy. (yes i need him and yes khorne would approve me dispelling that pesky magic )

Sorcerer of Chaos 186pts (Hero)

Base: Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor
Options: Level 2 Wizard; Undivided; Dispel Scroll(x2)
Mount: Barded Chaos Steed
------------------------------
Units

1 x Chariots of Chaos 150pts (Core) Khorne

1 x Chariots of Chaos 150pts (Core) Khorne

8 x Knights (Chosen) 455pts (Core) Full command, Khorne

5 x Marauder Horsemen 81pts (Core) Flail; Musician

5 x Marauder Horsemen 81pts (Core) Flail; Musician

7 x Chaos Furies 105pts (Special)

5 x Warhounds of Chaos 30pts

8 x Warhounds of Chaos 48pts (screen for the knights)

Dispell dice: 6 + 2 scrolls
Power dice: 5 (can dispell remains in play spells, or cast a unseen lurker etc)

I have planned this to be a fast army. Therefore i got no room for the regular chaos warriors. Altho i will consider them if this list does bad.

So do you have any suggestions on which things that would work and which things in the lists that should be changed?

Khorn on the march
30-03-2005, 18:01
the only good thing i see in this army is the furies och warhounds, 8 chosen knights is to much chaos dragon you dont need it dont use the name khorne whene you use a magic, to much on magic items and chariots isent good at all they will just charge skirmeshers/bait and go in to a wood or som other kind of difficult terain.

kirbyroxor
30-03-2005, 23:55
I dont really like the army. Nothing in the army really has any staying power save the dragon ( who is going to be pelted with magic and shooting) and the chosen ( which you have way to many of, I would say 4-5 chosen is good). Alltho I do like the furies and dogs. Also don't take a mage, even if it used as a scroll caddie, pull him outa the box when your facing someone and you'll get some very odd looks. Personally I would get some chaos warriors and beast herds as a screen and drop the chosen down to 5. Put the lord on foot and put him with a unit of chaos warriors w/ MOk, not with the chosen cuz they are strong enough to take down allmost anything by themselves. Just my opinions :p

Artemis_Quinn
31-03-2005, 03:27
I never have been a big chaos fan myself, but I do like the speedy chaos list you have devised. I think that can mainly be attributed to the fact that you are one of the few I have see to actually use warhounds. Personally, were it me, I'd take out the sorcerer and trade him for a khorne champion on a barded chaos steed. Then you lose the caddie but you gain a new anti magic person. Next, I'd shrink your knight unit to 5 or 6 models and use those points to start on another knight unit of 5 or so regular khorne knights with the above mentioned character in them. Then, your opponent has three hammer units to focus fire on (dragon and 2 knights). Odds are one or two of those things will make it to battle at the speed your army will move. Along with support from furies, horsemen, and chariots. That's how I see it, and evemn though you lose two caddies, you gain an extra dispel dice each turn. I think with that change this list could work very well. Though i am not sure how the points work out with the suggested changes.

Selsaral
01-04-2005, 17:26
The one thing I will note is that your lord has illegal equipment choices. He has both the armour of damnation and the enchanted shield, both of which are magic armour, and in the rulebook it says you can never take two choices from the same category. The enchanted shield is off the 'common' items but it is also clearly marked as 'armour'.

Artemis_Quinn
01-04-2005, 17:32
You should also note that the rules also clearly say that you cannot have two of the same type of armor, meaning you can't have two shields or two suits of armor. Though the model can take a magic shield and a magical suit of armor as long as they don't conflict with each other.

Selsaral
01-04-2005, 17:39
Though the model can take a magic shield and a magical suit of armor as long as they don't conflict with each other.

I don't have the rulebook with me, so I guess I need to go read it again, but I had thought this was incorrect.

Artemis_Quinn
01-04-2005, 17:45
No biggie, it's a simple mistake. I bet it opens up possibilities for ya though :p

Selsaral
01-04-2005, 17:46
Yeah you're damn right about that. I'll check the rulebook when I get home, thanks.

Selsaral
01-04-2005, 18:39
Well I did the next best thing, I asked my friend (who has a rulebook) to look it up and he quoted me the following:

"page 153 - If a character wears magical armour, he cannot also wear
ordinary armour and, needless to say, he can only wear one set of
armour.
Magical shields are also counted as magical armour, so you cannot have
a
suit of magical armour and carry a magical shield unless specifically
stated
in the description of the magic item."

PelsBoble
01-04-2005, 21:00
Ok. Well ill just swap the enchanted shield and berserker sword for a GW then :)

I still need to tune this list a bit but even tho i hear suggestions about infantry i dont really want them in this army. I already got the "normal" chaos list with 1 block of chaos warriors and a beast herd, so for this army i want something new :)

Akuma
02-04-2005, 19:21
I agree 8 of choosens are to much but i would beef up on beastman - 0i acctualy play an army similar to you'rs for a long long time and i had great succes with it - hope it will be as lucky to you

PelsBoble
02-04-2005, 19:30
Ah. Akuma could you post your list here?

Would be nice to see it :)

the beast herd is a bit too slow for this army imo.

Akuma
02-04-2005, 20:14
1 Chaos Lord 664 Pts
Mark of Chaos Undivided; General; Great Weapon; Shield
Helm of Many Eyes [25]
Gaze of the Gods [30]
Armour of Damnation [30]
Chaos Dragon [360] Pts

Standar Dragon Rider - munches throught just about everything if he menages to hit it on the flank

1 Bray Shaman @ 125 Pts
Mark of Chaos Undivided; Lore of Death; Magic Level 1
Dispel Scroll [25]
Dispel Scroll [25]

Scroll caddie

19 Marauders @ 165 Pts
Light Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician
1 Chieftain @ [10] Pts

Thats the secret :D - 2 unit - Marouders and bestman form up something called second wave continget - alone thay would be unalbe to couse any damage at all BUT to w enemy mostly destroyed or hevly demeged by the first wave thay can be a nail to the coffin

6 Marauder Horsemen @ 108 Pts
Flail; Musician Chieftain

I like the chiftain out here - extra attack have save my but many times and he can easly kill mage on charge if you place models so he can direct attacks ;)

6 Chaos Warhounds @ 36 Pts

Not a screen but marouder horsman supporters

5 Chosen Chaos Knights of Blood @ 390 Pts
Mark of Khorne; Frenzy; Barding; Chosen Unit; Shield; Standard; Musician
War Banner [25]
1 Champion @ [20] Pts

Advance behind furies and try to hit something ASAP

12 Beast Herd (Gors) @ 167 Pts
2ndWeapon; Standard; Musician Foe-Render
12 Ungors @ [48] Pts

Together with marouders make up for mop up element

8 Chaos Furies @ 120 Pts

Screen for knights and warmashine killers

1 Chaos Giant @ 225 Pts
Mutant Monstrosity

This is the big supprise :D 2 large targets give a possibility that you'r opponent will make wrong decisions and giant will be in his dep zone in 3 turns at most so it is VERY BIG threat for just about every army ( especialy with mutant monstrosity )

Casting Pool: 3

Dispel Pool: 4

Models in Army: 75

The trick with this army is to make one of you'r 3 big hitters get to enemy unmolested ( giant , knights , Dragon ) if you manege to do that he will win combat and then support your winni troops from the second wave in their combats - it has proven that most opponents can eliminate 1 of this threats and particulary shooty armys maybe 2 but something will get tho them and this usualy is enought to net you victory - no massacre but vicorty ;)

PelsBoble
03-04-2005, 11:29
Looks like a great list. :)

Thx for posting it. I think i will try that second wave thingy. Havent used my marauders yet, but now it seems like they can be some use :)

Akuma
03-04-2005, 17:30
Glad to be in service