PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Wolves: Imperial Guard Spec-Ops RPG

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Antaeus
22-06-2005, 22:58
Emperor-class Battleship Castimonia Apprime, in orbit above Praethyus

The briefing room is dimly lit, lighting provided by hollowed skulls with candles housed within them. A long, wooden table with chair is in the middle of the room. At the top of the table sit a huddle of men in uniforms, obviously very high-ranking officers. None of you know why you are here: you were told to report to the Castimonia Aprime’s briefing room, ferried over from the various troop ships that surround the huge vessel. You were expecting to ship down tomorrow to reinforce the Imperial lines, but apparently you have been selected for something rather different. Your superiors have been tight-lipped.

As each of you enters, a Trooper at the door salutes and tells you to be seated, and that ‘the briefing’ will begin shortly. The officers at the head of the table take no notice of you yet, clearly deep in discussion.

Xhalax
22-06-2005, 23:25
Pip looked at the door. It was the right place. Carefully she pushed it open and took a look at the room. It was both marvellous and highly sinister. Leering skulls all around providing an almost morbid atmosphere to her. She shuddered involuntarily.

A Trooper at the door saluted to her. She saluted back. 'Trooper Edger, reporting as ordered.' she said. The Trooper acknowledged and showed her to her seat. She sat and looked around again. She was the first one to arrive. Well the first of the grunts to arrive anyway.

The officers were talking amongst themselves had hadn't even noticed her arrive. She dearly wish Commissar Cain had told her a little more about what was going on. All he had said was that she needed to report to this room and that she should take her flamer with her when she went.

Obviously, she didn't have her flamer with her at the time, but she had made sure it was stode with her personal effects rather than in the main armoury. Last time she had done that with a weapon, it had ended up in the possession of the Commissar's aide. She didn't have the heart, or the lack of a sense of smell to ask for it back, so she had gone to her standby and original training weapon of a flamer.

Pip sighed and looked at her chronometer. She hoped this wouldn't take too long.

Slazton
23-06-2005, 02:21
Jax Ortega drove the Chimera off the shuttle with a huge grin as he reversed it slowly. His baby the Emperor's Sacred Pride idled down as he climbed out of it, killing the music in the front as he switched the minidisk to his personal player.

He walked the ship led by two Naval underlings.

'So you boys enjoyin' bein' 'ere while us real men do the fightin'?' asked Jax with a huge grin. None of the two men spoke, but Jax knew he was irratating them. 'Ah well, you boys enjoy playing toy soldiers while we real men kill something with our bare hands.' With that Jax entered the briefing room, saluting the Trooper at the door.

'DRIVER FIRST CLASS JAX ORTEGA REPORTING SIR!' boomed Jax at the top of his lungs as he pulled off a perfect text book parade ground salute. His black and midnight blue uniform looking a tad small on his chest as he saluted and his sudden neutral face expression showing he was not messing around. The trooper seemed a little stunned from that booming annoucement.

'Ple..please take a seat,' the Trooper stumbled as Jax walked in and as soon as the Trooper's back was turned, Jax gave him the birdie just to make the girl sitting there smile.

Sitting across from her, Jax took out a long cigar and smiled, 'Mind if I smoke?'

She was about to reply when he lit it, not noticing the Officers at the front of the room. He suddenly looked up and cursed, putting it out and placing it away. He placed his ear pieces into his head, and listened to his music, 'I Wanna ROck' a lil loud so the girl could hear it.

'Whats your name?' Jax asked after becoming a tad bored, taking one earpiece out.

Xhalax
23-06-2005, 02:44
Pip looked at the newcomer and found it hard to supress a smile, as well as the urge to laugh out loud.

'My name is Edger. Elizabeth Edger. I'm a trooper with the Valhallan 597th.....but my friends all call me Pip.' She grinned 'And no, you may not call me Pip either.' she replied to him over the din of his music.

She turned away from him and bit her lip, trying hard not to sing or hum along to the music that was pounding out of his music player. To try and distract herself, she removed her greatcoat and hung it on the back of her seat. It was too hot in here for her.

Smoothing down her grey uniform she sighed as she noticed a singe on the cuff. 'Oh brilliant!' she muttered quietly to herself.

Slazton
23-06-2005, 02:59
Jax looked at her with a feral grin that took up both sides of black cheeks.

'The name's Jax, my friends call me Daredevil, but you don't want to know why,' he said with a wink. 'I am from the Dark Soldier regiment, an old press ganged regiment that I serve with.' Jax rolled up his sleeve and showed off the tatoo.

'What does it say underneath?' Edger asked with a confused look.

'Its my homeworld's language and it says 'Death before Dishonour' and this right here is the Grim Reaper, Death that takes the Souls of men on their deathbed. Takes them to be judged.,' Jax replied with a grin.

Jax stretched out a tad and once again smiled.

'So hot stuff who is called Pip, what weapon of mass destruction does a lil lady like yourself use, a laspistol?' Jax asked with a hearty laugh.

Xhalax
23-06-2005, 03:05
'Hot stuff....i like that' she smirked at Jax. 'My weapon of choice, eh?' Pip sat back in mock contemplation for a moment.

'Well put it this way, I could chargrill your **** in about....' she looked Jax up and down in an overly exaggerated manner 'oh...say about 10-12 seconds. Depending on how crispy you'd like your rear end to be.'

She shrugged at him. 'I could do it in 2 seconds, but the Commissar's aid swiped my melta.' She exhaled. 'God it's hot in here! Oh and from the indistinguishable reek of Promethium, I'd put you being the wheel of a.......Chimera at a guess.'

Slazton
23-06-2005, 03:11
'Well golly, I think the lil one has gotten it right!' Jax said with a grin. 'And if we ever get stranded, you better know how to make a medium rare grox steak with that flmaer or you will be in trouble.'

Jax let that one sit in and before she responded, he spoke quickly.

'I drive CHimeras, Motorbikes, Salamanders, Leman Russes, Basilisks and anything else the Gaurd throws my way. Heck I even once drove an official's Hovercar for them, but that was a one off,' Jax said with a pout. 'I can fight too, but driving is my thing.'

Xhalax
23-06-2005, 03:32
'I can light Iho sticks with that flamer and still leave everyone with their eyebrows firmly attracted and fully haired.' she smirked back at him. 'As to the transport. We use a lot of Chimera's and a few Salamanders. But I just get shipped around in the things, nothing more.'

Pip leant back in her chair and reguarded Jax. 'You fight? And I half expected you to tell me that you were a lover and NOT a fighter.'

Slazton
23-06-2005, 03:37
'A lover eh?' Jax said rubbing his unkept face. A two-day growth was there and he knew it would have to be shaven soon. 'I doubt it. Don't get me wrong, i like the ladies, but I enjoy driving more. Forget killing, just put me in a Salamander, I can even make that legendary Hero of a Comissar whats-his-name proud! I heard he's a coward.'

Jax suddenly remembered Pip said she was Vahallen. He almost craped himself.

Xhalax
23-06-2005, 03:45
Pip's face when through a number of chances. First disbelief, then shock, horror, anger and then full blown rage.

'How dare you say such a thing about Commissar Cain. He is no coward! And after this is over, your **** is mine for that remark you....' Pip hissed a phrase that would have made even the most rough of troopers wince. 'He has saved my life on a number of occasion. He is a hero....and more so than you'll ever be. In fact his about 30 times the man you imagine you are. And I'll have words and then some with anyone who says otherwise.'

Pip clenched and unclenched her fists, trying to calm herself as best as she could. She was going to get him for that! No one bad mouthed the great Commissar Ciaphas Cain. She shot Jax a poisoning look.

'Arrogant sod!' she muttered.

Antaeus
23-06-2005, 03:50
A large man in the black dress uniform of the Commissariat turned away from the group, his mechanical left eye focusing on the two Troopers. "Quiet over there! Remain quiet or you will be removed from this room and placed on charges of contempt!"

Clearly raised voices are not appreciated....

Slazton
23-06-2005, 03:51
Jax merely turned his music up as the lil woman ranted and raved for a few seconds. Then when he saw that she was done, he turned down something called 'English Summer Rain' and looked at her.

Watching as the Comissar bellowed his orders, Jax yawned and so wanted a tomato or something to chuck at his perty suit. Comisaars in his regiment never seemed to last.

'Finished yet lil lady?' he asked trying so hard to keep a straight face. She did not reply, so he continued. 'Good, I was merely making a statement. I heard he likes to get to combat fast, so I could drive him. As to that coward bit, some of my boys have served alongside him and saw him duck behind a bush as soon as the first shots went off instead of leading his men and women, but take that as you will.'

Jax so wanted his cigar now, just to really annoy Pip.

'So anyways, do you drink Pip?' asked Jax, trying to make conversation, he was bored.

Xhalax
23-06-2005, 03:55
'Drop dead!' she sneered at him. She didn't want to get pulled into an idiotic argument so she'd settle the slight to both her's, her regiments and her Commissar's honour later.

Antaeus
23-06-2005, 04:08
Jax suddenly gave a gurgle of displeasure as a huge hand clamped around his throat. He choked and spluttered as he look up into the visage of the Commissar. The eyes of the officers at the top table were now on him. He opened his mouth to speak, but was cut off.

"No, son. You listen to me. I've seen scum like you before in my career. None of them survived. Had them all executed. This is the Imperial Guard. We don't have room for indisciplined, stupid smartarses like you. One more stunt like this, and I will kill you without a second though, your body will be flung into space and your name listed alongside the legion of traitors that have befouled the Emperor's realm. Do I make myself clear, scum?"

Jax's head nodded as best it could.

"Answer me, worm!"

"Y..y..yes, Commissar sir..." Jax's face was red, his throat constricted.

The Commissar sneered. "Good." he let go of the Trooper's neck, and Jax dropped back into his chair, suitably chastised. Once more, the point that indiscipline is not appreciated in the Imperial Guard had been reinforced...

Xhalax
23-06-2005, 04:11
Pip couldn't quite surpress a smirk of glee at what the Commissar had just done. Though she fought very hard to straighten her face out and keep it that way as the Commissar walked back. Keeping her eyes forward and away from Jax and the Commissar himself.

Once he was out of ear-shot Pip whispered to Jax 'That'll teach to to spread malicious rumours about Commissar Cain.' She pulled back, and covertly pointed and laughed at Jax.

Slazton
23-06-2005, 04:23
Jax was furious and nearly snarled a retort, but held it in check, self preservation kicking in.

Inside Jax swore he would have a reckoning with that man if it killed him. Jax was a 230 pound man (16.4 stone to the Brits) and to do what he just did meant his bionic arm was strong. Jax knew he would have just to accdiently run him over when he disembarked, if he came with them on the mission.

Looking at Pip, he mouthed a dark curse from his planet, and got up to leave. He would have his damn smoke outside.

'Where do you think you are going?' roared the Comissar.

'I..' The comissar cut him off.

'Sit down scum!' Jax sat down and really wanted to kill that Comissar.

Xhalax
23-06-2005, 04:34
Pip tutted mockingly at him and shook her finger.

'Bad boy' she mouthed at him with a grin.

Wiseman
23-06-2005, 06:15
Sgt Quinne walked in, his red and white carapace armour seemed to draw attention, it wasnt often you saw a member of the Skitarii by themselves, especially not a sgt. He saw a man go to stand up then be forced to sit back down, looked like it would be interesting over there. He sat down beside him, His shield shimmered slightly as it met contact with the seat. "Morning driver, little lady,hows tricks." His voice was almost metallic in sound, though still had a noticable accent to it. He knew he was ment to be up with the officers, but he was always more comfortable with the rank and file troops.

Xhalax
23-06-2005, 11:45
Pip nodded curtly to the Sgt that sat down 'Sir.' She was intrigued by this new arrive. Skitarii were hardly ever seen by thenselves and this unnerved her a little. Plus she felt a little agitated too.....alway LITTLE lady. She knew that compared with most she was tiny, but she didn't need reminding every time someone addressed her. Though the air of familiarity this new Sgt wore to address the rank and file in such a manner was strange.

'Edger, Sir. Trooper Elizabth Edger, with the 597th Valhallan, under Commissar Cain'

Commander X
23-06-2005, 12:04
"What do we have here, one heretic against the machine god, one under-sized female, and Sergeant Quinne. Not the most efficient of combinations, but that will have to be settled later."

Edinte walked towards a chair near Quinne, metallic noises joining him every step. His Servo-Arm was moving about behind his back, appearantly trying to catch an annoying fly buzzing around him. He sat down, and looked around the rest of the party again.

"Troopers Jax Ortega, aka 'Daredevil', and Elizabeth Edger, aka 'Pip'. Am I correct?"

Wiseman
23-06-2005, 12:27
"Nice to meet ya Liz, dont bother with the sir, im a trooper just like you, dont let my rank fool you, im not one for the formalities. Ortega, havent we met befor esomewhere?" He was sure he recognised him, but from where he didnt know. "What do ya think of Cain, ive heard he's a good man, and a rare breed amongst commisars, is this true?"

Yin - Yang
23-06-2005, 13:16
Verus walked into the room, and had a quick glance at the other occupants. A Techpriest, a midget, some driver of sorts and another Sgt. Interesting. he sat down, and introduced himself to the others "I'm Sgt Nefero, and I don't belive I've met any of you before."

Wiseman
23-06-2005, 13:27
"Im Sgt Quinne, what you doing sitting with us, your a Sgt your ment to be down the front with the officers. And before you go telling me, "but your a sgt as well, you should be down the front" i already know that, but i dont like those lot and id prefer to sit up here with the men that i spend all my time with on the front, not some fancy man with a medal that doesnt know the first thing about the frontline." His voice as mechanical as ever

Hoshi No Koe
23-06-2005, 17:47
The door opened making the soldiers present in the room turn to look at the newcomer. A figure walked in. He was wrapped in a black cloak and a hood obscured his face.
The trooper at the door made a formal salute. The figure pulled back his hood revealing a young handsome face with a pale complexion. The most obvious feature of the young man however, was the long flowing hair on his head, falling along his face and ending below his shoulders. His hair was white, like fresh fallen snow.
He opened his eyes and shot a sidelong glance at the saluting trooper.

The trooper shuddered, a cold shiver running down his spine, as he was pierced by this newcomer's gaze. Grey eyes betraying no hint of a soul, as if he was a ghost walking among mortals.
The trooper looked at his slate. "T..Trooper Kodjiro. P...Please take a seat."

Taking of his eyes from the trooper, Takeshi walked to the table without looking at any of the persons already there. He sat himself down a couple of seats further than the others and leaned back, his eyes facing the ceiling.

Adept
23-06-2005, 18:10
Kerak 'scar' Delroth double checked the datapad with his orders, confirming the room number. He already knew where he should be, but old habits die hard. In the field a Stormtrooper relied on accurate information.

He spoke to the trooper at the door, got his name crossed off the list, and went inside, his pack and webbing slung across one shoulder and helmet under one arm.

The table in the centre of the room held two knots of people, silent 'brass' at one end, and troopers at the other. He walked towards the troopers, noting their ranks and uniforms, and making eye contact with everyone but the youth with the grey hair. He took a seat slightly apart from them, setting his gear on the floor next to him. He squirmed briefly, letting his flak armour adjust to his pose before introducing himself.

'Morning every one. Sarge...' He nodded to one sergeant 'And Sarge' and nodded to the other one.

'Names Kerak, but call me scar. So what's the story? Anyone know why we're here?'

Xhalax
23-06-2005, 19:17
Pip greeted each newcomer in turn. Telling them her name and her regiment. It was an interesting mix. She finally got a chance to address Quinne.
'Yes, sir' it just slipped out. 'Yes, Commissar Cain is a good man and a rare breed. A Hiver by birth...if the rumours are true. But he's at home with us Valahallans, so we're proud to serve with him. A true hero of the Imperium.'

Pip grinned broadly. She had to admit that serving with such a man did a fair bit to boost her own ego. She then reguarded the next newcomer.

'I'm Elizabeth Edger....but everyone calls me Pip. And it seems like we all know exactly the same as each other. Which is the grand total of diddly! I just got pulled from my duties and told to be here at this time and that I should take my flamer with me. Passed that, I'm stumped!' she shrugged.

Commander X
23-06-2005, 19:29
"You think you're safe now he's picking on the driver? The Imperial army doesn't think that high of heel-lickers either. Ask that Cain your so fond of if you don't believe me."

Edinte wasn't impressed by what the 'midget' had been telling about the Commisar, and simply interrupted her there.

And it would be a bad idea to get an ego here, that might get you killed later on. After all, the ones to charge in first, are also the ones to catch the first bullets...

Xhalax
23-06-2005, 19:46
'Well you seem to think highly of yourself...so I'll keep out of the your firing line.' Pip spat at him.

Commander X
23-06-2005, 19:50
"I do not think high of myself, but rather low of you. That is a common misconception. Look at our differences, can't you see technology can overcome any weaknesses? Join us, before your human flaws get to you..."

Slazton
23-06-2005, 19:52
Jax nearly stood up and punched the Eginseer.

'A heretic against the machine?' asked Jax with an underlying posion in his voice. 'I ought to...' he stopped as the Comissar was still watching him.

Jax's lips curled up into a snarl and then stopped. He rubed his neck and grunted. Things were not going to be fun with a damn tool monkey on this mission, whatever it was.

'The name is Jax 'Daredevil' Otega, and don't ask about my nickname, you'll find out soon enough. As to that she-devil there, I would watch her, make sure your behind her when the fireworks start,' Jax said with a finger pointing as Pip. He was still in a bad mood and hated the fact that he could not act like his normal self.

Once he got behind a 'wheel' of a vehicle he would be in a better mood.

'And its Driver First Class and yes, I do know somethings about vehicles, just don't ask how I fix em up,' Jax said with a wink towards the Eginseer. 'Hey tool monkey, I don't want to hear any crap from you when I drive, cause if I do, I will personally throw you out on your ****!'

Commander X
23-06-2005, 19:59
"Tool monkey? I am afraid that term is new to me, but I do know I don't like it. And I wouldn't try anything funny during this mission, that Comissar is still watching you as you noticed."

Edinte looked back and forth between the two of them for a few moments before continuing.

"They ought to change you in a Servitor. Atleast it would teach you to have respect for machinery...

Slazton
23-06-2005, 20:03
'That Comissar won't be there forever, Tool Monkey,' Jax said with a growl. 'As to the Servitor comment, doubt it, they are useless drivers. They have no emotions, instincts or common sense, these flaws as you call them, to drive. Driving is a skill that you learn, not program, but a machine head like yourself wouldn't understand that!'

Jax looked at Pip.

'I think we should leave this guy here,' Jax said with a wink, hoping he was on her good side now, or at least near it.

Xhalax
23-06-2005, 20:15
Pip looked at Jax 'Nah, I say we leave him out in the rain. Perferably by the sea. See how his technology deals with the rust. As to my flaws...they're what make me interesting. Unlike you cog-boys. Hell I'd say Servitors are more fun that you lot are.'

Pip shrugged and turned her back on the Engineseer. Damn Ad Mech, always so far up their own arses that they were more trouble than they were worth. She just hoped nothing went wrong with her Flamer for the duration. Pip disliked the Cog-boys, a lovel of inanimate objects was just too creepy.

Commander X
23-06-2005, 20:25
"Technology deals with rust or other forms of damgage from outside by being able to build or adapt protection against the harmful substances. I don't see any of your bodies be able to do such a thing."

He turned at Jax for a moment.

"Actually, I wouldn't really mind that. It is most likely that I can find a more capable mean of transportation in a pub."

He moved his chair a bit closer, and spoke softly, so only the two of them could hear it.

"And you two remember that the next time a mechanical device fails just when you need it, you know why it is, and because of who..."

Slazton
23-06-2005, 20:29
'Hmm and remember when you fall behind because you are too slow, we will make sure yo stay behind,' Jax hissed. 'If you even think of hurting one of my vehicles, I will personally remove your bionic organs and force feed them to you!' Jax's voice raised and the COmissar gave him a look. Jax cursed and looked at Pip, hoping she would finish the threat.

Xhalax
23-06-2005, 20:34
Pip laughed. 'Me I'll just stand back and watch the show.' She looked over at Jax 'You look like you can handle yourself...especially when it comes to your vehicles.' Then she looked back at the cog-boy.

'If not, then we'll see how all your technology copes when what little organic matter that's left of the real you is melted from it's metal plating.' she said with a smile. 'I'd guess all your little cog-boy secrets can't be enough to stick you together again once all the Emperor's Imperial Guard have minced you beyond recognition.'

Scotty
23-06-2005, 22:31
Already late, Connors walked slowly down the corridor. He didn't care if he got a beasting for it. He was triying to make a protest. Just moments from leaving his regiment his lieutenant happily informed him that his motorcycle wouldn't be going with him. A fate worse than death to Connors.

He frowned unhappily at the dataslate detailing the rest of the team he is working with, he wasen't frowning at the list but at the thought of that bastard lieutenant. Connors just remembered that smug look on his face when he told him, damn that lieutenant, he had always had it in for him.

After a while connors reached the room he was meant to be in. He walked into the room, not even noticing the trooper saluting him. The trooper said somthing to him but Connors wasen't paying any attention.

"Damn lieutenants think they can take my bike away from me? I'll show them, then they'll see.!" Connors muttered to himself. Perhaps a little to loud because he got a few over the shoulder looks.

He took a seat next to the three that were argueing. Connors didn't know what they were talking about but he hoped they would say somthing to him. He was just itching for an arguement to blow of some steam.

Slazton
23-06-2005, 22:40
Jax turned and saw a new guy sit next to him.

'The name's Jax,' he said ignoring the damned tool monkey. 'That tool monkey there is one you got to watch out for, he ain't got no respect for us 'meatbags' as he likes to call us, or 'flawed.'

Jax smiled like a fool at the man and smelt a rogue, good some one like him finally.

It was then he noticed others had made their entrance and he frowned, the team was growing large than he epxected. Only one man made him uncfortable and it was that man in a cloak. He would have to either steer clear of him or get that man drunk, either one.

Xhalax
23-06-2005, 22:45
Pip shifted her gaze to the newcomer. She had the feeling that the Commissar would be back down here in a minute with his bolt gun. So she decided that she better distract herself.

'Ah, another love of things powered by promethium if I'm not mistaken' She reached out her hand. 'I'm Elizabeth Edger...though everyone calls me Pip. I'm a flamer operator with the Valahallan 597th.'

She smiled and pointed to the large man 'This is Jax....as he said, he's a driver. A great one if you believe his patter. And the other one....well' she shrugged. 'He's an engineseer.'

Antaeus
23-06-2005, 23:19
"Alright, silence please." The huddle of officers broke up, and took their seats, facing the assembled troops. At the very tip of the table sat a tall, lean man with grey hair in a General's uniform.

"Gentlemen and ladies. Praethyus is a world at war. The enemy incursion here is one of the largest we have encountered for some time, and they have taken control of large areas of jungle, as well as several key hive cities. The battle rages down on the surface: it is hard, but very much winnable with the resources at hand, and your regiments' contributions will make sure that we are victorious. However, there is more st stake here than mere military might."

The projector screen in the centre of the table activated, showing an image of the world below, then zooming in on one of the huge jungles that covered much of the planet. "Here, withing this jungle, lies the shrine of Saint Korrin, a huge temple that has existed since the Great Crusade first came to this world, though it was not alway consecrated in the name of the Saint. But I digress. This site's spiritual importance cannot be overestimated, gentlemen."

He cleared his throat. "This is why you have been assembled. You are going to be inserted behind enemy lines deep in the traitors' territory, and enter the temple. Save whatever you can, if possible prevent this sacred place from being destroyed or desecrated. There are good, stout paths through the forest and small villages along the way: armouries, forges and machine shops should still have aupplies you can use: they can't possibly have taken everything. Besides, it isn't far from the main lines."

"You can expect to face considerable resistance, and avoiding the enemy where possible is recommended. You will be dropped in here" The holographic map flashed. "Around fifty miles from the temple. You will make much of the journey on foot, though we expect vehicles will be available to you, either untouched by the enemy or stolen from them. Take every opportunity to hinder the traitors' war effort. The route itself is mostly flat, so you should be more tha capable of making the journey."

"You will be organised into two squads, led by Sergeant Nefero and Sergeant Quinne. Sergeant Nefero's squad will use the callsign 'Shadow', Quinne's squad the callsign 'Wolf'. Collectively, this unit will go by the name of the Shadow Wolves. Enginseer Edinte, you will accompany Sergeant Nefero's squad. Commissar Grazvich, you are assigned to Quinne's unit. Commissar Vorn, when he arrives, will also acompny Nefero's squad." The officers stood up from the table. "Remain around here for the time being. You may use the antechamber next door, but do not move far from this place. We will return with everyone else's squad assignments and callsigns designations." He nodded at the assembled troops. "Good hunting. We are missing a few members: hopefully they will have arrived by the time we return."

All the officers have left, leaving only you and the door sentry in the room. There are two doors, both leading to smaller antechambers, both empty (one, obviously, is the way you came in).

Xhalax
23-06-2005, 23:28
Pip raised a questionning eyebrow. Special-Ops work, that was something new to her. Though why they'd want a Flamer operator on a covert mission was a little strange. Her weapons of choice was hardly discreet in it's destruction. Although it would hinder the enemy just as easily as it would point the enemy in their direction.

'Not even a chance for questions. I guess this must be you're basic 'Take and Hold' mission.' She sighed and smiled talking to everyone and no one in particular 'A good 'ol 'Smash and grab'....this might be fun!'

Xavier
24-06-2005, 00:13
Kayleigh boarded the transport on the planet's surface.. this better be good she thought, to extract an Elysian so close to the rest of the army's deployment was almost unheard of, not to mention making her fall back to the extraction point, almost 12 clicks.. she would be having words with her CO after this.

The shuttle glided smoothly towards the massive form of the Castimonia Apprime, when they had docked she grabbed her gear and disembarked. One of the ships crew came towards her with a small smirk on his face, it was easy to tell why, she was caked in mud from the jungle and looked like she hadn't slept in days. "Follow me please" he said. Following after the crewman she came to the briefing room, "You have missed the main briefing so just wait here till you are given further instructions."

She silently slipped into the briefing room nodding to the sentry at the door who saluted her sharply. Looking around she sighed, what is this? there was a trooper from what looked like most of the Imperial Regiments that had been sent to this warzone. She sat down on the floor and pulled off one of her combat boots emptying the contents of mud and water onto the floor with a splash, then repeating the process with the other.

Looking up she saw a few odd looks in her direction, "its raining" she muttered.

Xhalax
24-06-2005, 00:25
Pip grinned. Even though she'd served on many different world and in many conditions, she still liked the rain. Liquid water falling from the sky still hadn't managed to loose it's novelty value with her.

'Yeah it seems to do that a lot here.' she said to the new arrival.

Xavier
24-06-2005, 00:29
Kayleigh got to her feet and took the seat next to the only other female.. Slipping off her camo stuff and dropping it next to her, before shaking off her hair and soaking the valhallan in the process, "er sorry" she laughed. "Theres far to many guys here, and most look like they have ork blood" she whispered. "I kayleigh by the way she smiled"

Xhalax
24-06-2005, 00:33
Pip laughed. 'I'm Elizabeth...though everyone calls me Pip. And yeah, these guys do seem to be a touch on the rather large and hedious side. I don't think I've ever see so many slack jaws and caveman brows since Simia.'

Xavier
24-06-2005, 00:37
"that one" she nodded at the ***** playing music (jax) "keeps looking at you, I think he has a crush"

Xhalax
24-06-2005, 00:39
Pip shrugged. 'Maybe....lamentably he is human so I couldn't fry him right now. Though he might come in handy. He's the driver.'

Slazton
24-06-2005, 01:51
OoC/Er aren't we heading into smaller antechambers? I think I am either confused or you guys are ;)/OoC

Jax overheard the new girl who emerged from the background or so it seemed.

'Hmm a crush on this midget? I would break her bones jumpin her,' Jax said with a laugh. 'Now you on the other hand.' Jax let out a whistle and laughed. Shrugging he awaited his orders. He hoped to the Emperor he was not with that damn Eginseer as it would make things uncofrtmable, but hoped Pip was with him. That girl would make things interesting to say the least.

Wiseman
24-06-2005, 02:38
Quinne smiled and introduced himself to the newcommer. "Sgt Quinne, nice to meet ya. Have to say im glad im not with the enginseer, i got nothing against the techpriests, hell we spend enough time with them on mars during out routine check ups and such, but they are terible on missions, think that their machines will make up for the fact that they arent silent, so whose in my squad anyway?"

Adept
24-06-2005, 04:01
Scar looked around uncomfortably. The briefing was haphazard at best, and left very important gaps. What was the insertion method? Where was the dust-off zone? What time and what method would be used for extraction? What was the communication protocol?

He frowned. Damn commisars. Thought they owned the Guard, they did. And most of them couldnt tell the difference between a parade ground and a drop zone. Self righteous idiots, for the most part.

He leaned back inhis chair, and tried to get a feel for his new squadmates. He wondered why these people have been chosen for this mission. He and his squad had conducted twelve similar missions in the past, 15 if you counted the debacle on Metral V. Why hadn't SOCOM simply requested a squad of Stormies?

The Drivers were typical drivers. Arrogant and showy. He didn't really mind, that was just the way drivers were. Kinda like Valkyrie pilots. Next to useless with a gun or a knife, but so long as they could provide support with their vehicles, it didn't matter.

The Enginseer irked him. Too much conceit in this one. That would get people killed in the field. Scar made a mental note to make sure the Enginseer had an 'accident' the moment he started placing the mission in jeopardy.

The troopers seemed average enough. Voices were slightly raised, nerves were heightened, but that was to be expected from a relatively green bunch like this before a mission. That Aphriel strain trooper was a concern. He obviously thought he was one notch above everyone else, and that kind of superiority was bad for moral and command. Scar had fought with Aphriel strain on Gurost III, and while they were devilishly good at night, they were just too fragile. A flashbang grenade at night rendered them blind for hours. Better to just use regular Guard with NVG.

Scar began to strip and clean his weapons. He didn't know when they would be dropping, and wanted to be ready to go at a moments notice.

EmperorsChamp01
24-06-2005, 04:25
Tibus was sprinting down the hallway. he was skimming the rooms as he ran by. 1209..........1210.... 'Damn sgt though he was so funny to take my papers and play keep away.' Tibus though to him self. He always hated being late. Finally romm 1215 he checked in with the guard out front. Last agian! he gasped. They slid open the door and took a seat. The Room was full of people. There was a valhallen who looked about his height he went and Intrduced himself. "hello miss my name is Tibus Jenkins and may i have the pleasure in having your name?"
She gave him a glance to look him over and turned away Tibus went to the nearest seat and sat down.

Commander X
24-06-2005, 07:58
'I must convert those heretics to the true power of the Machine God. It will happen sooner or later, but preferably sooner. Maybe I should ask if they need anymore Servitors at the Skitarii? I'm sure that caveman would make a nice one.'

He suddenly remembered that although the Comissar had said he was to accompany Nefero, he hadn't been told who else was. He looked around the room, hoping he would not be in the same team as Jax. This was probably a mutual feeling for both of them.

"If the enemy knows we are coming anyway, then why would I bother being silent? Silencers only add to the power needed to operate succesfully."

EmperorsChamp01
24-06-2005, 09:16
Tibus looked around after sitting down. He hoped he hadnt missed anything importent. He saw a quite a few people in the room. He wasnt going to make an ass out of him self right in the begining. He took out of a pipe and just stuck it in his mouth. It was his fathers' pipe and it reminded it of him. He didnt smoke but it calmed him down. He hadnt slept in good in a few weeks so he decided to lean back and catcha few zees. He didnt even know why he was here. His commisar had put him up for this position so it must have been something. He could feel his eyelids droping. maybe he could sleep.............

marineowar
24-06-2005, 11:03
Borred slammed his fist on the hull of the Aquila assaigned to tansport him to the Castimonia Apprime. "Can we lift yet pilot? If I get busted cause your ship weren't workin' I'm gunna..." he stopped as the engines finally started reving up to power. "Lucky bugger," he muttered.

Skidding to a halt just in front of the door guard, Borred snapped off a quick salute and marched into the dim room. The group of officers seated at the large briefing table completely ignore him so he scanned the other people in the room. By the Emperor, there's a lil' bit of everythin' here, he thought.
He took a seat close enough to be sociable if someone wanted to talk but far enough away to have some peace. He swept his gaze over the others again as he pulled out an oilstone and started sharpening the edge on his sword.

Xhalax
24-06-2005, 12:04
'Yeah right, Like I'd touch you with a fifty foot gout of burning promethium.'

Pip stretched, she hated sitting up so she got up and went for a wander, following Jax as covertly as she could.

EmperorsChamp01
24-06-2005, 12:15
The slight sound of metal on metal woke Tibus up. He looked arond an way that they had one more addidition to the group sence his last glimpse. He had dozed off a few times but he had been trained to recover a lot in just a little time asleep. He went over to the by the looks of it storm trooper sharpining his sword and decided to make conversation with him.

Well it looks like i wasnt the last one here after all. Tibus said after a long strech.
The storm trooper was looking intently at the sword.
Hmmmm I guess you dont want to talk tibus said alittle overwelmed.
He saw the young Vallhallen girl tailing a big man who reeked like an ork of motor fluids. +This might be intresting+ he thought to him self and he decided to tail the young woman.

Xhalax
24-06-2005, 12:32
Pip felt the hairs on the back of her neck prickle slightly, as though someone was watching her. Fighting Nids had made her develop something akin to a sixth sense. It was the best way to stay alive in a Nid battlezone. That and some heavy firepower with a bucket full of guts to man it.

Xavier
24-06-2005, 12:43
"ew" she muttered. Looking round she saw another door opposite the one she had come in, curious she got up and walked to it, she checked if it was locked, it wasn't so she headed inside. Looking around it was empty, this is so boring going from combat to sitting in a room waiting.. this sucks. She lay down on the floor her back against the wall and pretended to be asleep

EmperorsChamp01
24-06-2005, 13:48
Tibus stopped dead in his tracks. The young woman he had been following had just stopped and started motioning that she was aware that some one was following her. So he decided to come up behind her. He taped her on the shoulder and took a quick step backas she spun around quickly and grabed his face looking straight in his eyes and saying
"look I dont apreceate you following me and if i had my flamer i would burn you to a smoldering pile of ash."

+Oh im sorry I just want to know what your name is+

Hoshi No Koe
24-06-2005, 15:30
Takeshi was still staring at the ceiling. However, he'd noticed the Storm trooper throwing him what some might have thought of being a foul look. "Maybe the guy recognised me for what I am", he thought to himself. Still, he's probably the most reliable guy in this bunch. He threw Skar a quick glance which the trooper probably didn't notice as he was stripping and cleaning his weapons.

Most of the others were just irritating him, being so loud. The enginseer most of all. "Arrogant fool" he thought. Their clumsy mechanical bodies lacked stealth, and this particular one's conceit would probably get them killed. Still, there has to be a reason to include a tech priest, but if he proved to be useless to the mission he might have to make him disappear in the field...

The data slate he had been issued had revealed that the Elysian girl was a sniper like himself, and that had piqued his interest a bit. She was quite decorative too, despite the mud and lack of sleep. Women however, were the least of his concerns right now.

The last one he'd seen, had been a comrade from his decimated regiment. He'd seen her die, tortured, mutilated piece by piece and kept alive until the only skin that remained on her body was that of her beautiful face. The Dark Eldar had wanted to see the despair in her stunning grey eyes as they fed on her soul...
When the Ordo Xenos had intercepted the depraved aliens, Takeshi had been kept in isolation for what seemed like months, being tested, evaluated most of those inquiries mimicking the torment he'd suffered under the Dark Eldar's custody. The Inquisition had sent him straight to this briefing when they were finally done with him.

Takeshi lit up a Lho stick and got up from his chair as he reflected on his past. The room fell silent for a moment as the others stopped for a moment to look at him. He ignored them and walked straight to the door the Elysian girl was lying next to. He stopped in front of the door for a moment to look at Kayleigh's face, who seemed to be sleeping. He then entered the empty room and closed the door behind him, hearing the murmur of discussion rising again as he did so.

She reminded him of someone...

Adept
24-06-2005, 16:42
Scar clipped the magazine back into his autopistol and checked the safety was off. He held the gun out and checked down it's sights before reholstering it.

He was starting to get itchy. The officers had been gone for near a quarter cycle now, and the two squads still didn't even know when they were going to be dropping, let alone which method. The commisar had talked about hiking, but not about vehicles, so he assumed it was by grav-chute from a gunship.

Typical Guard crap. He'd always maintained that war was ten minutes of mind-blowing excitement (or terror, depending on your viewpoint) to ten hours of sitting around bored out of your heads.

He hoped they would get further orders (and a full briefing) soon. He noticed the Aphriel had lit up, so he rummaged in a pocket and pulled out a cigar, jamming it in his teeth and lighting up. Only three left. Have to start rationing them. One in the transport before the drop, another when they got to their objective, and one for the dust-off. Some people claimed the smoke was bad for the lungs, but with the stuff Scar had seen in 73 combat drops over the last ten years, a bit of smoke was the least of his worries.

He watched the other troopers as they interacted, noticing the attention paid to the female troopers. He just hoped these kids could keep it together and keep their emotions under control during the mission. Trying to save an already lost trooper due to misplaced notions of love or protectionism could jeopardise the whole mission.

Scar had packed and re-packed his webbing and pack twice that morning. He was satisfied everything was in it's place, and in good working order. His weapons were cleaned and loaded, his knives were sharpened, the grime had been cleaned from his shades-of-grey urban camouflaged carapace armour. There was nothing left to do but wait. So wait he did.

warlordgrubnatz
24-06-2005, 17:18
<sory im late>
A grimy exit ramp slided open and the entire bay went quiet. The dark, shadowed face of commisar Vorn stared into the navy-boys herts breaking their spirits imediatly. The commisar strolled across the bay and found his way to the officers quaters.
"what time do you call this" Seargeant Quinn joked
unfortunatly the commisar took this the wrong way.he walked right up and stared into the seargeants eyes. "i dont expect to recive remarks like that from a man of your rank. I take those kind of remarks as an offence, and i dont like offence. If you show insobordination again i will kill you, understood?"
"yes sir" the seargeant replied, a slight tremble in his voice. "right then, i will need a full breifing"

Adept
24-06-2005, 17:27
Scar spoke. "Sir, we've been told we are to infiltrate an abandoned temple and recover as many relics as we can. We'll be dropped 50 clicks from the temple, and hike in through thick jungle. No word on times, locations, insertion methods, communication protocol, dust off zone or method or rules of engagement yet Sir."

Great he thought to himself. Another self-righteous commissar to contend with.

warlordgrubnatz
24-06-2005, 17:35
The commisar paicked up hiking gear. he made sure his chainsword was charged and loaded his weapons. he pulled his black cloak around him and went for a walk. The team was very unkempt and undisiplined. He would be gobsmacked if he didnt have to issue less than 5 feild executions.

Xhalax
24-06-2005, 17:45
'Then it would have be more polite to step forward and introduce yourself first. Wouldn't it. My name is Edger. You being?' she demanded, still not releasing him.

Xavier
24-06-2005, 19:32
Opening one eye she saw whoever had come in had left, she felt oddly refreshed after just sitting with her eyes closed.. or had she dozed off.. no matter. Looking around she saw the rest of the group were still in the other room talking and fighting?

She started doing push up's to pass the time and get rid of some of her built up energy from the earlier mission.

Hoshi No Koe
24-06-2005, 19:45
"Rested well?"

Kayleigh immediately stood up, startled by the sudden interuption. Looking around her, she noticed a small trickle of smoke and what looked like the burning tip of a lit Lho stick in one of the obscured corners of the room. Damn, she had to have been tired not to notice someone else was in the room when she woke up. Peering closer she could make out a hooded figure sitting in a corner, shrouded by the shadows of the poorly lit room.

"What's the surface like?" Takeshi asked, the Lho stick lighting up as he took another drag from it.

Xavier
24-06-2005, 19:50
"wet and humid" she relaxed slightly and crouched back down on the floor. How has she missed him, she must be alot more tired than she thought, normally nothing escaped her sight.

Hoshi No Koe
24-06-2005, 19:52
"What's your name?"

Xavier
24-06-2005, 20:09
"My name is Kayleigh, im one of the Elysians." She smiled "who are you?"

Nid
24-06-2005, 22:03
They heard him before they saw him. The man's bellowing voice echoed down the hallway. "YOU FRAGGERS ARE DEAD! YOU HEAR ME! FRAG OFF, GROX **********. LET GO OF ME. LET ME FRAGGIN GO!" The door opened, and 4 heavily armed and armored Naval Ratings entered the room, flanking a giant in chains. They prepared to unlock his wrists and ankles, and did so by slamming him in the small of the back with a shock-prod. Altan bellowed, and collapsed. Watching for signs of movement, they undid the chains. The twitching body showed no signs of alertness. They relaxed.

The first man took a boot to the face in an impressive spin-kick to help right Altan. He shot to his feet, and punched another one in the face hard enough to crack the blast visor. He was about to follow up when they got him in the neck with another shock-prod. They proceeded to beat him with batons for the next few minutes, and only let off at the Gesture of the Commisar. "Leave him. He may be of some use."

A few minutes passed. Groaning, Altan sat up. He looked around. He spotted Jax and gave a knowing nod to the man. Slowly, he got to his feet.

"What?"

Xavier
24-06-2005, 22:07
Kayleigh into the briefing room slightly alarmed, looking a bit disgusted by the brute who had just joined them. By the looks on the other's faces they were equally wary of this new arrival.

EmperorsChamp01
24-06-2005, 22:15
+Well Edgar I am Tibus.+
Tibus stuck out his hand and Edgar grasped it firmly. It was nice to actually talk to someone other than him self. As they where shaking hands a roaring comotion sounded like it can from the Briefing room. He thought to him self that it was probally one of the commisars chewing someone out.
+Where are you from Edgar?+
She had the same aleart stare down the hallway as he did just a few seconds ago.
They where still shaking hands.
+Ummm Edgar do you want to check out the comotion?+

Nid
24-06-2005, 22:23
Altan grinned at the woman's obvious displeasure. He looked her up and down. Real slow.

"Nice Knife."

Xhalax
24-06-2005, 22:26
'I'm with the 597th Valha...' but her sentense was stopped by a rasied and angry voices. She craned her neck to see if she could see what was going on, but whatever it was was happening in the other room.
She shrugged 'No doubt we'll find out in due course. We are Imperial Guard and rumours spread faster a plauge rat running out of an aquaduct.'

Xavier
24-06-2005, 22:29
"Nice entrance, you into that whole chain's and whip's thing then?" she smirked, "let me guess penal legion scum?"

Nid
24-06-2005, 22:30
"Penile, thank you" he fenced back. "And let me know whenever you need a paddling yourself, eh? I'll step RIGHT up." quipped Altan, roughly.

Xavier
24-06-2005, 22:33
"haha you wish, cant touch this" she smiled, "I think jax is more your type"

Nid
24-06-2005, 22:35
Altan put her on the list to be fragged as soon as possible. Yet another tally to keep track of in his head.

Antaeus
24-06-2005, 23:34
“Quiet, please!” The group of five uniformed officers entered again, re-taking their seats. The General scanned the room, and nodded. “Right. It seems everyone is now present…I will not ask why some of you are late. Now that we are all here, I will give you the complete briefing.”

He coughed again. “I am hoping your contemporaries have had the initiative to fill you in on the basic mission outline. Now. Your landing site is a clearing near the edge of the jungle, fifty miles from the target site-for those who haven’t been informed yet. You will be dropped in by Valkyrie transport, with the exception of Trooper Otega, who will be manning the Sentinel-class walker assigned, which will be dropped by grav-chute. You will be inserted during an orbital bombardment to keep the enemy’s attention distracted, and will also have some fighter escort: enough to act as decoys in the evnt of trouble, but few enough to, probably, not even be noticed. Extraction method is, however, far from standard. The drop zone is the only area where we can land a carrier within reasonable distance of the target site. However, several minutes before extraction, a bombardment will level an area of forest situated seven miles north-west of the temple. We are not bombarding the area yet to avoid suspicion about its location: also, the fires should aid in your finding the occasion, though it will be pinpointed on the tactical and holographic maps you will be issued with. From there, you will all be extracted by Valkyrie.”

The General pulled a piece of parchment from his top pocket. “The squad assignments and callsign allocations. Sergeant Nefero, Shadow One. Enginseer Edinte, Shadow Alpha. Commissar Vorn, Shadow Beta. Trooper Kodjiro, Shadow Two. Trooper Beslan, Shadow Three. Trooper Otega, Shadow Four, or name applied to vehicle as case may be. Trooper Delroth? Shadow Five. Sergeant Quinne’s Wolf squad: Sergeant” He nodded at Quinne. “Wolf One. Commissar Grazvich” He pointed to the huge, muscular political officer standing next to him “Wolf Alpha. Trooper Connors, Wolf Two. Trooper Edger, Wolf Three. Trooper Borred, Wolf Four, Trooper Sureip, Wolf Five, and Trooper Jenkins, Wolf Six. Your billet assignments are on these dataslates.” He handed a pile of slates to the Trooper closest to him, who passed them around the squad.

He stood and rose from the table. Report to the landing bay at 0400 hours. Before then, I would advise getting some rest, though I doubt many of you will take the option.” He gave a small smile. “Gentlemen and ladies.” The officers rose and left the room.

You now have near enough free access to the ship: however, the pertinent facts. You are billeted individual dormitories along one corridor. There is a communal ‘recreation area’, which is essentially a vehicle hangar without the vehicles. You may also wish to visit the armoury to stock up on ammunition. You have seven hours to kill. Any problems, questions or queries, post in the OOC thread.

Xavier
24-06-2005, 23:55
Kayleigh slid past the half ork/half god only knows... penal legion scum who was blocking the doorway and wandered off down the hall towards the armoury. "resupply and requisition" she smiled to the arms sergent "Reloads for long las and las side arm, please". A box full of las packs was produced, quickly she threw a few into her pack, signed for them and walked off.

The dorm was small to say the least, "screw this" she muttered she walked towards the rec room. Finding a dimly lit corner she lay down and tried to sleep. She kept her eyes open till she knew who else had joined her in the rec room

EmperorsChamp01
25-06-2005, 00:06
+Well I guess you and me are in the same squad there Edger.+ Tibus said with alittle anxietiy in his voice. +Well im going to the ressuply locker do you want to come?+
He said and started walking down the corridor to the locker.

Xhalax
25-06-2005, 00:24
'Yeah I guess it does.' Pip replied. She turned and left to pick up her stuff. She had everything ready and waiting for her to ship out. Though hshe stopped a second and decided to go to the armoury.

She nodded to Kayleigh as she passed and waited her turn.

'Promethium canisters, and lots of them.' she demanded. The armoury lackey supplied her with what was needed and she finally made it to the barracks they were to inhabit until they were shipped out. She pulled out her Flamer and begane cleaning and checking it loveingly.

Once she was certain it was in perfect working order she took her knife from her boot and continued her scroll-work on the Flamer. Prayers and litanies to guide her hand, destroy her foes and apease the machine spirit of her weapons were etched with pain-staking carearound the Flamer. In patterns like vines wrapped around weapon. From butt to barrel.

As she craved the gothic script, she muttered the words to herself, lost in her work. It was almost finished.

Nid
25-06-2005, 00:53
Altan found to his displeasure that he had been barred from access to the Armory. "Take it up with the Commisar!" the guard said gruffly. The man nodded in the general direction of the man, and Altan took off looking for him. He saw Jax along the way, as well as the female with the Flamer. He stopped in front of her when he saw her carving.

Kneeling, he proferred his knife, hilt first towards her. The finely balanced blade glinted in the light. "Use that," he said in a rough voice. He wasn't used to talking to people in a nice way. He didn't know why he was doing this. "Its plenty sharper than your pig sticker there. Makes for twice the work in half the time." He showed her the boxy shape of his autogun, crude yet effective symbols depicting orks and other unsavories being gunned down carved along the side in a similar manner. There was also a name carved there. It said "Retribution."

marineowar
25-06-2005, 01:39
Borred quickly collected his equipment and left the room, well at least I didn't get busted fer turnin' up late. He quickly dumped everthing in his room then made his way to the recreation hall, hoping that most people would be remaining in their cabins so he could get some practice in.
As Borred walked in he saw the Elysian woman lying down in a corner. Deciding to try to avoid waking her he headed off for the other side and stared running through some exercises with his sword.

Wiseman
25-06-2005, 02:22
Quinne checked his weapons over first, before he made his way to the armoury to check what was there. Nothing that really tempted him, except for a couple of Inferno clips. Grabbing them, he started walking down the corridor towards his room

Slazton
25-06-2005, 03:16
Jax rubbed his hands together in glee. He was running a Sentinal and that meant either autocannon, multi-laser, or heavy flamer weapon fit out. He smield at the prospects and hoped that the Emperor had blessed these fools with the sight to give him a chainsaw attachment, as it would come in handy if things got close quarter.

Sighing to himself, he walked down to his quarters and decided the best thing to do was sleep as he would never get to sleep on a bed for a long time if this mission was to be believed.

Then it hit him. He was to be dropped via grav-chute! Oh sweet Emperor! He had never been dropped by grav-chute before and was looking forward to it, extremely as hopefully he could find a way to enjoy it without admitting it to his superiors. A smile came to his face as he then found his room and crashed.

Placing a sign out saying 'Do Not Disturb,' Jax went into a deep sleep.

OoC/Yes that sign really reads wake his **** up lol/OoC

EmperorsChamp01
25-06-2005, 04:03
Tibus saw Edger working on her flamer. She was Inscribing it with text. Then the big oaf walked over the her and gave her his knife and muttered something. He then showed her his auto gun. It was elabortely carved. Tibus checked out his ammo and a few flash grenades and went to sit near Edger.

+Hey get everything you need?+ He asked her
she looked up and nodded then went back to her work.

+you mind if i sit right here?+ he asked then pointed at the spot next to her.
she just shook her head intently staring at her flamer. He knew she didnt want to talk.

Putting his stuff on the ground he then sat down. Pulling out his pipe and his lasgun "which was slightly smaller than a regular one" He stared cleaning it. He knew that it would have to be in perfect working order. After cleaning compleatly he pulled out his short sword. But its name didnt give it justice. On him it looked like a long sword but it was just that he was so small.

Adept
25-06-2005, 06:14
Scar had been about to ask everyone to the galley for a few drinks to get to know each other and try to ease some tensions, bot most people seemed gleefully anxious to be free from everyone elses company.

Still, Nefero and the Aphriel strain, Kodjiro were still in the room. He wandered over to them. "I'm gonna dump my gear in my billet then head to the galley for a feed and something to drink. Coming?"

Nefero nodded, and Kodjiro said he might be along a bit later.

"Right, well I'll be there in a few minutes."

He made his way to his room, his pace brisk and pragmatic. It seemed he was billeted next to Ortega, the driver. He put his gear into his locker, and pounded on Ortega's door, ignoring the 'do not disturb' sign.

Wiseman
25-06-2005, 11:07
Quinne walked by the drivers room, and saw the do not disturb sign, time to see the soldiers reactions. Opening the door, he ran in "wake up wake up, we're under attack grab your weapons." he just wanted to see how the soldier would react to his stunt.

Yin - Yang
25-06-2005, 11:11
Verus stood up, and walked out of the room, heading to the armoury. He went inside, but saw nothing that really caught his eye. He grabbed a couple of grenades, but that was it. He left the armoury, and walked back to his billet. He dumped his equipment, before heading back to the canteen. With 7 hours to kill, he might as well get something to eat...

Xavier
25-06-2005, 12:57
The commotion from down the hall woke her, gah now what she thought, getting to her feet she moved towards the door of the room and looked into the hall, "Would you lot shut the frag up!" she yelled.

I give up trying to sleep looking round she saw pip and the stupid midget next to her, she walked over and sat down next to her, "that looks quite cool" she smiled, looking at the other she laughed, "Small man, small gun", pip looked up, she had been staring intently at the flamer and only just notice Kayleigh, but had heard what she just said and smirked.

Scotty
25-06-2005, 13:31
"Wolf two ehh?" Wow pretty cool Connors thought to himself. He started to look round for trooper Ortega, who by the looks of him had never made a grav- chute drop.

On his way to Ortega's bunk he saw what looked to be an Elysian. His regiment the tesna Warbirds didn't get along very well with the Elysians. It was a kind of unofficial rivalrie between the two regiements that had been there a long time. The warbirds thought that the Elysians were extremly arrogant, and the Elysians thought that the Warbirds were obnoxious idiots.

Connors scowled and said a little too loud, "Damn Elysians, and I thought only the best were recruited for this mission."

warlordgrubnatz
25-06-2005, 13:42
Vorn strolled into the armoury, the lacky jumped to attention. I need plenty of power packs for a hllpistol, mk3. after collecting the clips he headed towards the cntina to fill his hip flask.

Xavier
25-06-2005, 17:35
"then why do you grace us with your presence?" she smiled at him. Leaving the warbird standing looking slightly mad she walked over towards the sword fighter, "Hi there, whats your name?"

Slazton
25-06-2005, 20:32
Jax jumped out of his bed, grabbing his nearest combat knife and spun on his heels, ready and waiting. It was then Jax saw Quinne laughing his **** off and Jax growled.

He launched his combat knife and it barely missed Quinne's left arm.

Quinne looked shock as he watched the knife bury itself in the wall itself.

'You almost hit me!" yelled Quinne at Jax.

'I know I missed fool!' roared Jax as he right arm shot out and grabbed the trooper in a stranglehold, placing pressure slowly. 'DOn't ever do that again or the next time will have you killed. I am not one to wake up!'

Throwing Quinne to the floor, Jax sat down and pulled out a nice long smoke. Lighting the illegal substance, Jax smoked it and looked at Quinne.

'Ever tried this stuff?' asked Jax.

'What is it?' asked Quinne interested.

'Home grown,' Jax said with a laugh as he smoked it for a bit, passing it to Quinne, to see if he wanted it or not.

Xhalax
25-06-2005, 20:39
The knife the convict had given her was working wonders on her scroll work. So much so that Pip had to use all of her concentration on her work. One wrong move and it was 3 years worth of pain-staking work right down the swanny.

'Thanks!' she smirked back at Kayleigh. 'Give me a needle and some ink and I can do some pretty nice tats.'

But Kayleigh had gone so she returned to her work.

Adept
25-06-2005, 22:17
Scar leaned in Ortega's room, grabbed his attention. "Me and maybe a few others from the squad are heading to the galley for a few drinks. Coming?"

EmperorsChamp01
25-06-2005, 23:26
"I dont like that Elysian anymore" Tibus thought to him self. The are extremly arrogant. "Well see whos cracking jokes in combat" a whild smirk came over his face.

+Edgar you hungry? I thought I heard a few people saying that they where heading down the the mess deck?+

Tibus then got up and put out his hand to help her up.

Xhalax
25-06-2005, 23:56
Pip shurgged. 'Sure, why not. After all I guess this will be the last chance we get for some proper food.' She put down her flamer and took Jenkin's hand as he pulled her up.

She turned to Kayleigh 'Fance a bite to eat?' Pip asked her for sheer devilment.

Xavier
26-06-2005, 00:19
"I guess so, ive not had anything to eat for ages"

Xhalax
26-06-2005, 00:22
Pip grinned widely at this. 'Perfect. Oh...' she remembered the knife that the convict had given her. 'One minute.' she told the other two and went over to him.

'Hi!' she said and held out the knife .'Thanks for the lend. It really did work a treat, though it's a bit too labour intensive for my liking. I'd rather not ruin three years of work.' she grinned again. 'We're going for a bit to eat. Care to join us?'

Pip loved stirring things up. Though by the look of the convict, she may have taken a step too far.

Xavier
26-06-2005, 00:26
"by the looks of him he'd try to eat us." kayleigh smiled, "i suppose you can come if you want to, just eat him first she pointed at the midget

Xhalax
26-06-2005, 00:30
Pip couldn't help but laugh. Though in truth she wasn't sure if Kayleigh was joking or not. In her time in the 296th and in the 597th she had learnt all about making jokes at other people's expense and most of the time it was just harmless. Though when the 296th and the 301st had been joined together, a lot of those jokes had been meant.

Needless to say their Commissar had shown his reputation was not unfounded and the insurrections that had arisen over a bad and tasteless joke had been quashed, and without too much bloodshed.

'I credit you with better table manners and taste than that!' she winked at the convict.

Nid
26-06-2005, 00:30
"Lets do this, ladies" he said with a grin. Altan looked at the females surrounding him, and wondered at their dedication levels. He let his eyes wander, it had been so long since he had been around women who wouldn't try to rip his eyes out just for looking. He'd hate to have to tear these one's ears off too. They set off to the mess hall, Altan's massive frame flanking the smaller women.

Xhalax
26-06-2005, 00:33
Pip's almost sixth sense was tingling, she knew the convict was looking at her. No doubt it had been a long time since he'd even been near another woman, let alone dining with two.

She raised her eyebrow at Kayleigh.

Xavier
26-06-2005, 00:33
Kayleigh like this, it had been a long time since she had people she could joke around with, she missed the old days when her drop squad would do this kind of thing, that was before, long before... She reach into her pack and got a black bandana and tied her hair back through it. She felt the convicts gaze on her and laughed, how long had he been in their, he must not have been around women for a long time, she laughed and started flaunting it to her advantage.

Xhalax
26-06-2005, 00:37
Pip couldn't help but laugh either. It had become easier to flirt since her unit had changed to a mixed sex one. Plenty of men around.....though at times things go serious. Pip has steered clear of that. She had enough trouble keeping her own skin in one piece without having the added worry of what someone else might be getting up to.

'So......ummm.....sorry I didn't catch your name' Pip shot over her shoulder at the convict.

Xavier
26-06-2005, 00:39
Just call him "the convict" or "hey you pick up the soap" or "grab your ankles" you know, the usual prison names

Xhalax
26-06-2005, 00:41
Pip burst out into a fit of giggles. 'You know, I just might try it. "Hey you pick up the soap" has a rather nice ring to it. Don't you think?'

Pip laughed again.

Nid
26-06-2005, 00:42
Altan laughed, a rich, deep laugh. It had been ages since anyone made cracks like that. He relaxed noticeably, and leaned down to their level. "Altan, ladies. Altan Belisan, Scum of the Blax's Rats Legion, at yer service."

They arrived at the mess hall. Pretty crowded, all things considered. Altan walked to a table close to the food counter. It had a few guardsmen sitting there. "You. Move." he gestured. They sat and stared with incredulity. He sighed, and cracked his neck. Withdrawing his 12" seratted blade, he picked up one of their steel cups they were using, and promptly pushed the blade almost effortlessly through the cup. The strong coffee inside spilled onto the table. "Move. Now."

Antaeus
26-06-2005, 00:44
The broad guardsman looked up at the convict, a smile splitting his features. "I think you'll find you don't want to be threatening me, scum!"

A warning: threatening ship crews, especially when under watch, is never a good idea.

Xhalax
26-06-2005, 00:48
Pip just stood back and rolled her eyes. 'Honestly! You people have no idea!'

Pip sighed and went over to the table. 'Gentlemen, I must apologize for the behaviour of my colleges. They don't get out much, except to beat out the brains of their enemies. However, I couldn't help noticing that you're finished your meal.' Pip moved a little closer. 'Well this may be the last meal these....meat-heads get before they die, so I'd be eternally grateful if you'd let us have this table.'

Pip batted her eyelids at them. She hoped it would work.

Nid
26-06-2005, 00:52
Altan looked at this female trying something he never thought would work. It confused him. "Uh.....yeah. What she said." he said with a gleam of anger in his eye.

Xavier
26-06-2005, 00:53
"That mr convict, is how we do this" she smiled and put her arm round pip

Antaeus
26-06-2005, 00:54
The grin on the face of the man infront of Atlan didn't waver. He raised an eyebrow at Pip. "Aye. Your friend here'll have to wait like the rest of us, penal legion scum or not." A ripple of laughter passed through the troops standing in the canteen, mingling with the clatter of plates.

There are other free tables, or you can wait until the troops seated at this one have finished...

Nid
26-06-2005, 00:56
Altan grunted and picked up the other undamaged up on the table. He poured the hot liquid down his throat while maintaining eye contact, and set it on the table. Finger marks were bent into the steel. Altan was very full of pride, and it had been wounded. He wanted to get onto the surface and crush someone's skull in.

Xhalax
26-06-2005, 00:57
Pip pouted. 'If you'd have given me 2 minutes, I could have had that table out of them.' she hissed at them.

'Lets get something to eat then!' she stalked over to join the line.

Xavier
26-06-2005, 00:59
"the old valhallan charm, wow, the rumours about you lost having ice for blood is wrong I see" she walked over beside pip and tapped her foot impatiently.. "Hurry up"...

Xhalax
26-06-2005, 01:01
'Well we've got to find someway to keep warm on those cold Valhallan nights.' she replied with a wink.

Pip grabbed what she could for herself and the others and made her way back. 'I just grabed whatever since I've only own you people five minutes. If you like it, eat it....if you don't, too bad!'

Nid
26-06-2005, 01:01
"I could have taken them," mumbled Altan under his breath.

Xavier
26-06-2005, 01:02
Kayleigh dropped her tray loaded with food next to the convict, "I couldnt find any live animals for you, so I got all I could carry hope its enough"

Xhalax
26-06-2005, 01:04
Pip looked at the small mountain of food that had been piled on the table. 'You sure we can make our way through all this?' she asked the others looking a little scared.

Xavier
26-06-2005, 01:06
"well he could eat a small land mamal, so Im betting yes"

Nid
26-06-2005, 01:06
"Damn right we can." And with that, Altan started eating like he hadn't seen food in weeks. And knowing the Penal Legions, that's probably almost true.

Xhalax
26-06-2005, 01:09
Pip shrugged. 'Waste not!' she replied and dug in too. Though the thought of eating til she vomited was not a very pleasing idea. But she was feeling rather hungry now. Plus it would be field rations for the mission and she liked them as much as she liked a bag on her head.

Xavier
26-06-2005, 01:12
"when in rome" she said, "where?" asked pip, "I have no idea, its some expresion I heard someone from terra say, sounded kinda holy..

Nid
26-06-2005, 01:14
Altan paused eating for a moment. He had consumed about half of the mountain so far. "Rome, isn't that that planet where those guys preach the Word of the Emperor? It's either that or one of them grox-farm places. Sounds like a stinker to be."

Xhalax
26-06-2005, 01:15
'Hmmm' Pip managed to say around a mouth full of food. 'Never heard that one before. Though in truth, we don't really have many sayings like that on Valhalla. More stupid, yet rather insightful saying.'

Xavier
26-06-2005, 01:36
"im full" kayleigh yawned stretching

Nid
26-06-2005, 01:42
Altan finished off the pile of food. "We need more?" he asked, looking at the women.

marineowar
26-06-2005, 01:47
Borred walked into the mess hall, seeing the Elysian that had come over to talk to him before, he moved over to the table she shared with the Valhalan and the Penal Legionary. Hearing the Legionary grumble about a lack of food he went and grabbed a big tray, "mind if I join ya? I got enough for everyone... I hope."

Xavier
26-06-2005, 01:47
"what you looking at us for? You can waddle over there and get it yourself"

She looked up at borred and smiled, "help yourself, just keep your distance from the ogre"

Nid
26-06-2005, 01:48
Altan finished chewing his last bite. The table was just about clear. "I dunno what you're smoking, trooper, but move along eh? Bring grub and you can camp out here!"

Xhalax
26-06-2005, 01:48
Pip felt like she would throw up at even the mention of more food.

'There's the line' she pointed across the room. 'Go help yourself, but leave me out of the food orgy.'

Slazton
26-06-2005, 04:37
Jax was hungry after smoking that homegrown stuff and knew where to head. He grabbed Quinne, the man was wvering back and forth, damn he knew better than to give it to some cheese monger, but meh, it was funny watching him think he was straight.

Jax quickly found the food line and grabbed something to eat, sitting beside Pip, the Elysian, the Blax's Rat, and a few others with a foolish grin as his plate was a moutain high.

'You feeding an army?' Pip asked with a snide.

'Yeah, my left bicep, my right bicep, my pecks, and my gut!' laughed Jax as he slapped ALtan on the back. 'So I heard you are a Blax's Rat! Damn ain't that something. I heard ole Colonel Blax got himself into some right ole trouble with the Inquisition. Man, I once had to serve for that regiment. I got away.'

Jax left it at that. He did not want to tell them he was placed there because he hyjacked a Comissar's Leman Russ and went on a solo mission to rescue a squad he had transported out. Sure it was a little rash taking a Leman RUss and the gunners were not amused being threatened at gun point, but shoot, he had saved lives! He was a hero in his own mind. A five year sentence was all he got and as soon as he got out, his regiment took him back. He was a Reaper, one of the originals after all.

Turning towards Pip with a mouth full of food and said, 'So little one fancy heading back to my quarters?'

'Whats the suppsoed to mean?' she asked remembering what Kayleigh had said before.

'Nothing, just you look like a drinking woman and maybe a good hand with dice, so thought maybe I could give you a run for your money with drink and the game. Shoot I already know the Rat is in, its all you do on your downtime is dice in that regiment,' Jax said quickly. 'As for you Katey was it? Fancy a game?'

Jax had to be social, it was in his nature, plus most of them would be dead by the end of this mission as it always happened.

'Hey boy, get out of my seat!' came a reply from behind as one of the men from the regiment turned on him.

'What did you call me?' asked Jax as he stood up, flexing his meaty paws.

'I said boy, darky! Now get out of my damn seat and go eat on the floor like a good boy should. These tables aren't god enough for you!' the man said with a sneer.

Jax cracked his neck, he was getting ready to knock the tar out of this man.

Nid
26-06-2005, 04:44
Altan stepped up to defend the Ganger. He could tell this guy would be fun. He wracked his brain, trying to remember if he had spent any time with this fellow in arms, but was coming up blank. "You. You remember anything about the Bastard Tau?" he mentioned to Jax as he was trying to stare down the guardsman.

"I believe you're in the wrong area, man. That looks like your table over there, if you know what I mean" he gestured at a table a few rows away with an empty seat, with a dangerous gleam in his eye.

Slazton
26-06-2005, 04:52
The man backed off and snarled something about Altan being a darky-lover and moved away sharpish.

'Thanks Altan,'Jax said sighing. 'Some people just don't respect a bit of colour do they?' Jax and Altan laughed at the comment and then Jax got serious.

'The Tau? As in the ones Blax reported as Chaotic?' Jax asked with a query look on his face.

'Thats right,' Altan replied.

'Shoot, I left the regiment before that happened, but I heard about it, why? Were you there? And is it true you nearly replaced Blax?' Jax asked carefully.

Nid
26-06-2005, 04:55
"Yeah, that fragger got himself in a right bit of trouble. Fraggin' idiot is what he is. Funny enough, the Commisar was gonna promote me but the fraggin' Inquisition had to come down on that and ruin my shots!" Altan grumbled. "Jeez man, you missed some action. Fraggin Tau got guns that could blow a hole through a Grox."

Slazton
26-06-2005, 05:07
'I've fought them before out on the Eastern Fringe, damn mofos blew up my damned Chimera with one of those walker type suits. Its gun slcied right through the armour like they were paper thin. Scarred me to death when I had to get out of my baby and deal with them in hand to hand. However, that was where I had those fraggers. The Emperor forsaken Tau cannot fight in hand to hand combat, it was like beating up school kids,' laughed Jax as he remembered the battle clearly. ''course I had a squad to back my **** up, but meh, you get the idea.'

Jax looked at Altan and knew right away he liked this guy.

'SO your the demos expert then? Cannot wait to see the crap you cook up!' laughed Jax with a foolish grin.

Nid
26-06-2005, 05:17
"You drive Chimeras? I blew one up once" mentioned Altan with a mischevious grin on his face. "Boom, it went. The Lt. didn't think it was so funny though. Least, what they could find of him didn't think it was that funny!" he let out a loud chuckle.

Adept
26-06-2005, 05:21
Scar wandered into the galley. He noticed several others from the briefing room were already there. He rubbed at the prominent white blemish which gave him his nickname. Sometimes, it itched like a devil.

He joined the line, got his two cans of local beer and a nice hot meal. Both Belisan and Ortega were in his squad, so he wandered over to take a seat, get to know them before the mission.

He didn't ask, he just took a seat, took one last drag on his cigar, then stumped it out and took a long swallow of the beer. He grimaced.

"Damn stuff tastes like Grox ****"

That brought a chuckle.

Belisan and Ortega talking. He heard something about the Tau.

He paused to wolf down a few mouthfuls of the hot, if tasteless food. He Turned the Kayleigh.

"So what's going on down on the surface? Not the sanitised version either, how are we really doing?"

Nid
26-06-2005, 05:30
Altan didn't miss the man sit down. "Damn glad you could join us, man!" he said loudly. "Bout fraggin' time we got some more of the boys in here, the natives are getting restless!" He gestured to the irritated guardsmen filling the hall. Altan sat heavily. "So, who'd you **** off to get this suicide detail?" he asked.

EmperorsChamp01
26-06-2005, 07:27
Sorry guys that im late. Had you use the head and some fragging guardsmen thought it would be funny to hang me up on the stall door. Tibus said when he came up to the table with Edger and the Elysian sitting there. There where some more people there so he decided to grab some chow and introduce Himself.

Adept
26-06-2005, 09:48
Scar looked at Altan, and replied.

"Pissed off? In all honesty I think the only reason I'm here is because I'm the most experienced trooper from the regiment in the area. Plus, I'm not a sergeant, so they aren't wasting an NCO if we don't make it back"

"I kinda get the feeling that this whole operation was thrown together at extremely short notice."

warlordgrubnatz
26-06-2005, 09:49
Commisar Vorn appered behind the table and sat down. Everone stoped laughing and talking and went white as a ghost.
"what?... at ease"
the table returned but was more cautious in what they said.
"don't worry. I've been wtching you lot and i know who i can trust and who i cannt trust" with the last words he seemed to look at Altan.
"so were are you grunts from, any of you from a real world"
the crew gingerly grunted their homeworlds, Pip mentioned valhalla.
"ahhh, long have i wished to return to the ice plains, but my duties take me to many places" the commisar sighed. He gestured to the food they were eating. 2they still feed you this slime?. its almost as bad as when i was an infantryman" well i'de love to stay and chat but i have to go" the commisar had a dangerous glint in his eye "and be careful"

Adept
26-06-2005, 09:53
Scar kept quiet. He had absolutely no love for Commissars. In general, he considered them to be self-important bastards obsessed with their own personal power. A single good officer was worth twenty commissars. But their powers of summary execution, and the freedom they enjoyed from the Inquisition meant they had to be respected.

At least until you got them alone in the field...

marineowar
26-06-2005, 10:05
"Self obsessed prick!" Borred muttered after the Commissar walk off. He turned to the others, "they tend to avoid regiments from Myrkr. If one of them executed a Myrkrian warrior the rest of his squad'd kill the bastard. There ain't nothin' wrong with retreatin' in the face of overwhelmin' enemy assaults but they seem to think we should all stand an' die." He glared at the back of the retreating commissar, imagining a target on his back. "If he tries to knock anyone off I'm gunna get 'im myself."

Yin - Yang
26-06-2005, 10:34
"Bunch of bastards, they are. And that fraggers in my squad as well...." muttered Verus, glaring after the Commissar. He turned to the others sitting around the table "One of found my old captain "Wanting in the Front line". Piece of ****. Thought we should stand and die when we could retreat and stay alive" he grinned "Course, staying wasn't the best choice that the Commissar made. Fragger got ripped to pieces by a bunch of Orcs in the next assualt. Because of him less than half of us made it out alive. " he shook his head, before brightining up slightly "I'm Sergeant Nefero, 346th Armageddon Steel Legion, for those of you who haven't met me yet." He nodded at his squad members sitting around the table "I'm your Sergeant for this sucide jaunt"

Kittah
26-06-2005, 10:41
Sophie frowned. She was already extremely late and would be lucky if she was even still in at all. It wasn't her fault that the spaceport had been attacked, letalone that her original shuttle had been destroyed in the fighting. She'd fought as hard as any of the others by the Emperor, and here she was about to suffer for nothing. She sighed. Just another day in the 'Guard she thought.

The looming sight of Castimonia Apprime came into view from the shuttle viewport. A smile pulled at her lips as she pondered the consequences of her late arrival. She'd been pulled from regular duty for this so she must be needed in some way - she just hoped she hadn't been replaced. The whine of servomotors announced the shuttle doors opening. Exchanging a glance with the pilot she stood, collecting her scant posessions and exited the craft, coming to wait in the shuttle bay. Great She thought, There's noone here to meet me. Never having familiarised herself with Naval protocol, she decided to have a look around. She stepped out of the corridor in search of someone who could tell her what the hell was going on, and if she was even supposed to be here anymore.

Xhalax
26-06-2005, 11:06
Pip raised a questionning eyebrow but kept her mouth shut. In truth she guessed she was lucky and had never had a problem with Commissars......but she had a feeling she was going to get one and soon.

'So...who's you for a drink or twenty and some excessive gambling then?' she said out loud, though not loud enough to for her to be heard be the retreating Commissar. A Valhallan he may be, but she didn't like the man.

She looked around at the others, hoping she'd changed the subject. In a last ditch effort she looked at Altan 'We fought Tau sympathizers of Gravalax. Didn't see much of the Bluies themselves but we saw some of the heat they were packing.' she whistled. 'Some weird stuff there.'

marineowar
26-06-2005, 11:57
Borred stood and stretched, "I'm goin' fer a smoke, see ya later."
He headed down towards the docking bays, figuring that he could pick up some real info about the enemy from transport pilots.
He was about to light up when a shuttle entered the bay. He watched as a woman in red carpace armour emerged from the shuttle and wandered off towards the main corridor. Borred walked up to her, "G'day. Are ya here fer the suicide mission?"
The woman turned around, "no suicide mission. I don't plan on dying down there. But I was sent here for a special mission."
Borred shrugged, "all one an' the same. 'ne way, the name's Turo Borred. But most just call me Borred. This 'special' mission is basically get dumped way behind enemy lines so we can find some temple and pick up the 'very important spiritual stuff' that got left behind by the, uh, dedicated, guardians. Retrieval is questionable in my opinion. Whadda ya think so far? Still not a suicide mission?"

Antaeus
26-06-2005, 12:15
"You! Trooper!"

Sophie turned to find herself facing a small, broad naval officer.

"What are you doing?"

"Looking for the briefing room, sir."

The man frowned. "Oh. Must be with that special ops unit...name and rank?"

The officer doesn't loos especially angry, just tired, and obviously used to dealing with stragglers. The time is 0300. After you have given him name and rank, you will be directed towards the recreational area.

warlordgrubnatz
26-06-2005, 12:31
he noted were the guardsmen were from. Borred was from Myrkr, same as catachans. its not safe to be around them unguarded and he would be ready. he had met people like him before ad killed m,ost of them, he would have to watch the convict too.

Xavier
26-06-2005, 12:44
"We weren't doing to good while I was down their, granted the PDF were outnumbered, but by now my regiment and the other will have made planet fall, so the balance should be turning" Looking at pip with raised eyebrows and nodded towards jax and winked. "Sure we'll come" she smiled to jax

Xhalax
26-06-2005, 14:00
Pip grinned back. 'Well come on then before they ship us outta here.' She turned to Jax. 'Lead on then!'

EmperorsChamp01
26-06-2005, 14:05
"Yea gambling" tibus said while grabbing his money out of his pack. He also grab his pipe for good luck.

Xavier
26-06-2005, 14:43
"who invited the midget?" kayleigh laughed

Commander X
26-06-2005, 16:07
Edinte was very displeased with being in the same team as Otega to say at the least. He was the last person to leave the briefing room, and immediatly went to the armoury.

"Two fuel cells for the Flamer, and change the power cells of the Servo-suit, the last thing I want is to run out of power with that Techno-Heretic around."

Although he didn't really need to eat or drink, he went to the mess to find Nefero. As he walked down the hallways, he found the Techno-Heretic(Jax) and his friends coming the other way.
'This time they brought an Ogryn along, what's next?' he thought, and passed them by, trying very hard to ignore them, but the motions of his Servo-Arm betrayed his real thoughts.

Hoshi No Koe
26-06-2005, 16:09
Kodjiro, had remained in the empty room after Kayleigh left for a while. After the rest of the briefing he'd gone and picked up his gear in the armoury and went to his dormitory.
Laying down on the bed for some time, trying to find some sleep. He didn't find it though, he hadn't gotten any real sleep since he'd been a guest of the Dark Eldar. Messing around with his nervous system when they were torturing him they must have messed him up somehow. Or maybe it was part of the torture...

Since then, the best he'd managed was getting in a zombie like state, not really asleep, not really awake and plagued by visions of what his tormentors had done to him. The result is that constantly felt weary, stretched thin, but still able to function. He was just always craving for some sleep that he couldn't get.

After a while, he decided to check up his gear. Having something to focus on made him forget the weariness for some time. After that he decided to get up and take up Scar's invitation and go to the mess hall.

He saw Skar sitting at a table, the only other there was the Commissar. The others had probably been here and left already, which he didn't mind. The others seemed to be mostly full of crap, needlessly chit chatting while most of them'd probably be dead after the mission. Maybe he'd be dead too, he thought. The prospect didn't bother Takeshi much he realized, in some way it meant he could look forward to a release from his personal daemons.
He wouldn't try and get himself killed though, as long as he could take to battle, it meant he had something to focus himself on and he could forget the weariness a little longer.
He took a tray with some food and sat down across from Skar, an empty look in his eyes as he reflected on his past again. He realized that he did that a lot lately, it started during his incarceration by the Ordo Xenos. Mostly, he tried to think of her...

Adept
26-06-2005, 21:02
Scar watched as Kodjiro sat down. He had the vacant look he'd seen in the eyes of too many veterans. Pushed to breaking point and held there for too long did things to the soul.

He cracked open his last standard issue beer and swilled some about his mouth, dislodging the last of the food. Kodjiro was silent, and Scar didn't bother him with petty small talk. He obviously had his mind on something and wouldn't appreciate the intrusion. He at least, unlike the others, had the no ******** look about him of a veteran.

Scar checked his chronometer. Just gone 0300. He cursed. Time flied when you were having fun.

"Less than one cycle to lift off. I'll see you in the launch bay."

He stood and began to walk off, but stopped and turned.

"Glad to have you with us, trooper."

Hoshi No Koe
26-06-2005, 22:55
At that remark, Kodjiro looked up for once and made eye contact with the Storm trooper veteran.
And for one instant, Skar seemed to glimpse a hint of emotion in the depths of Takeshi's hollow eyes.

"Thanks." said Kodjiro
He wasn't convinced about the others at that point. But at least he now knew, that Skar would be a dependable warrior on the field. And he felt that the feeling was mutual like only two experienced warriors can know without really knowing each other.
"The feeling's mutual."

Skar left the mess hall then and Takeshi Kodjiro remained at the table with the commissar. Without looking at him, Takeshi turned towards his plate once more and started finishing his food.

Xhalax
27-06-2005, 00:02
'Well come on then people, before we start taking up root.' Pip got up, dragging as many other's as she could with her.

'Which way then?' she asked Jax since she didn't know where he'd decided to hide his personal space.

Slazton
27-06-2005, 02:33
Jax looked round and smiled.

'Alright you scrubs!' boomed Jax as he lit another smoke up, offering it around if need. 'Alright, fifty coins to get in on this game and no cheating!'

The dice game kept everyone amused as Jax started to rake in some heavy coins to trade in for extra rashions and stuff later on, he knew the dice were loaded, but he was waiting for some one to pick up on the fact this he switched dice. He decided it was time to lose and kept everyone on their toes.

Pasisng the smoke round, everyone seemed jsut to chill out.

Xhalax
27-06-2005, 02:36
'You cheat worse than my mother!' Pip whispered in Jax's ear, the smoke she'd be handed hanging from her mouth, a glass in the other. She took a draw and pushed it back into Jax's mouth.

With a grin she reached over, grabbed the dice and threw then, scoring a win.

EmperorsChamp01
27-06-2005, 02:38
How come everyone leaves me out? He said to the group of folks he had been hanging out with sence he arrived. 'Ill show them'

I bet 10 coins that those dice are loaded! tibus said after he though about it for a while. If i lose my coins who cares.

Xhalax
27-06-2005, 02:46
Pip grinned at Jenkins. 'Give the man his winning. Those dice are as loaded and a Space Marines bolt pistol when hunting for Heretics!'

Pip reached down again, took the smoke from Jax's mouth and took another draw, then offered it to Jenkins.

Slazton
27-06-2005, 02:50
Jax got defensive quick.

'Hey hey, those are my personal gnager dice! Sorry people, I forgot I had them in my pockect!' roared Jax with a laugh. 'Oh I am so sorry. It was the dice I used to make sure I scored the right points when need be. Now lets get serious eh?'

Jax puleld out non-loaded dice and handed them to Pip.

'Your roll darling,' Jax said looking at Jenkins. 'Hey sorry to leave you out. Did not mean anyhting by it, just did not notice you amongst the group. The name's Jax 'Daredevil' Otega. Do me a fave and be a look out since you got ten of my coins!'

Jax loked at Pip and watched her lose.

'Pay up lil one,' Jax said hand out.

Xhalax
27-06-2005, 02:52
'Pay up?' Pip asked with a grin. 'All in good time darling. All in good time.' She knocked back the contence of her glass and went to get another.

She poured herself another glass and opened her other hand. She counted out what she owned and went back to Jax.

'Here you go pet.' she placed the coins in front of Jax, a smile of her face as he coverted his own money she'd picked from his pocket.

Nid
27-06-2005, 02:56
Altan didn't gamble. He sat watching the rest of them, though. He had an Obscura stick he was slowly chewing on, feeling the soporific leech into his system. It'd be rough enough on the ground, this time was for relaxing. He looked at the girls in the room, chuckled, and said "Oi Pip there, getcher over here!" and patted his lap playfully. He wasn't expecting much but hell if she wasn't a hot little packadge.

Xhalax
27-06-2005, 03:00
Pip looked over at the sound of her name and saw it was Altan who had shouted. She grinned widely blow him an exaggerated kiss.

Nid
27-06-2005, 03:05
Altan laughed and jumped up, and hopped over to Pip. He swept her up from the dice game, causing her to squeek in suprise, and he promptly dropped himself in her spot at the dice table and her on his lap.

"Told'ja to come here!" he growled playfully. "NOW GIVE ME THEM DICE!" He roared as he swiped up the pair and dropped a few credits on the table.

Slazton
27-06-2005, 03:06
'My quarters is getting packed!' whistled Jax with a sigh. 'Hmm ALtan, got a thing for the midget eh? Hmm, she is a perty thing, but look at her frail and weak, try to jump that and she'll snap in half!'

Jax threw Pip a grin and waitef for her reply as he dug his hands into his pockect, counting his coins.

'Hey Pip, these coins look familar! Hey I'm not ten up! You lil witch!' Jax yelled at her.

Pip broke into a sprint down the corridor and Jax broke away after her, trying his hardest to chase her down, even with a blunt in his mouth, he stole off Jenkins earlier.

Nid
27-06-2005, 03:08
Altan took the opportunity to 'borrow' certain small effects from Jax's equiptment. Smokes, drink, whatever he could find. Serves the bastard right for spoiling his fun.

Xhalax
27-06-2005, 03:08
Pip tore off down the corridor laughing loudly but then stopped and turned to face Jax a murderous look on her face.

'Think you can take me?' she asked him in all seriousness.

Slazton
27-06-2005, 03:14
Jax reached out with one meaty paw and man-handled the girl over his shoulder, her head facing his back.

'Nah just dragging your happy **** back to the party!' Jax said with a laugh. 'Hmm I think that Altan character might be robbing ym black **** if we don't get back soon.'

Jax jogged abck with Pip cursing and swearing to let her down, but Jax ignored her as he reached his quarters and chucked her onto his bed.

'Damn Altan that girl can run, next time you can catch her!' Jax said with a laugh. 'Right who gets the next dice throw? I hear money coming my way once more and Altan, I know you are a thief, give the stuff back.'

Jax had done his homework on ALtan using his contacts, just a precaution, he did not want a mass murder working alongside him.

Xhalax
27-06-2005, 03:18
Pip sighed at Jax dumped her back down. Though once again, she'd been able to slip her hand into his pockets and pulled out his smokes. She took on, lit it and offered one to Altan.
'That seat taken?' she nodded to his lap with a grin

EmperorsChamp01
27-06-2005, 03:28
Man you guys really do know how to party! Jenkins got up and started dancing and whistling a tune he long sence forgot the name. He walked over to the Elysian and asked her if she wanted to dance?

Nid
27-06-2005, 03:28
It is now!" he cackled with a huge grin. He didn't mind the loss of his posessions, easy come easy go. He snatched the smoke, and plopped the female down on his lap.

Xhalax
27-06-2005, 03:31
Pip laughed. 'These beasts wouldn't let me back in to win their hard earned cash otherwise' she told Altan. She took a draw and blew smoke rings in the air.

Slazton
27-06-2005, 03:35
Jax knew who had his smokes, but let those go. He had the green stuff in his hidden pockects and smiled as he ripped open a cigar, rolling a fat blunt.

He lit it up quick and smoked away, looking round as he dragged on the fat cigar.

'Hey Jenkins, place on something with a beat!' he roared as he saw Kayleigh refusing the dance. 'Oh afraid Jenkins will break your heart?' Jax threw Jenkins a wink, hoping the arrogant Elysian would take the bait he laid out.

Jax sat back, and called the dice game an end from his side, as he was done for the night with a fifty coin profit, he was happy as a man could be. Shame they would be hitting the warzone soon.

Nid
27-06-2005, 03:37
Altan yawned loudly. "Well, time for me to pack it in then. Long day tomorrow." He looked at Pip as he was walking out the door. "Third door down, I am." He winked, and left.

Xhalax
27-06-2005, 03:38
Pip couldn't resist the beat of the music and shrugged at the convict.
'Sorry but the beat calls and I got to answer.' She slipped off his lap, grabbed a drink and started to dance. Not caring that she was the only one.

EmperorsChamp01
27-06-2005, 03:38
That driver is really nice' jenkins thought to him self. They call him Jax. +Jenkins caught the wink and casuassually winked back+ Hey Jax you mind showing us your moves on the dance floor?

Slazton
27-06-2005, 03:40
Jax just laughed at Jenkins.

'Dude I am not drunk enough or stoned enough to bust a groove, but that lil one Pip looks like she could use a buddy!' Jax said with a grin. 'As for me, dnacing is like watching a bull in a china shop, they don't work out well.'

Jax pulled back on his smoke and saw that Altan got shot down. He shook his head, Pip did not seem that way inclined, in fact he betted she was more of an Elysian droptrooper tpye than a Blax's Rat.

EmperorsChamp01
27-06-2005, 03:46
You mind if i dance with you pip? jenkins asked while walking up to her. She was about 2 inched taller that him but he didnt care. Hell he might be dead this time tommorrow.

Xhalax
27-06-2005, 03:47
Pip carried on dancing. She loved dancing and she hummed and sang along with the songs. She looked at Jenkins.

'Sure!' she said with a smile.

EmperorsChamp01
27-06-2005, 03:51
Thanks he said as he closed in on her. She was wiggling around like a worm on a hook but emperor have mercy it was quite entertaining.

Slazton
27-06-2005, 03:53
Jax knew everyone was thinking of dying tomorrow, but there was nothing he could do to prevent it. So he just turned round and popped open the CD player, allowing the rest of the song to finish as he placed 'Bahemuniy Rhaspody' (OoC/The most famous Queen song!/OoC) on.

'Now heres something you boys and gals will enjoy!' Jax said as he started to sing along to it. His voice was off, but he did get out in the middle of his quarters and started to dance to it. The music made everyone suddenly feel really good and things really became fun once more.

Jax stopped and sta down, smoking the blunt. He could not wait till tomorrow. He also knew the damn Navy people would be coming round soon with the lights out thing.

Xhalax
27-06-2005, 03:57
Pip laughed at the choice of music and sang a parody version of the song she had once heard. She downed another drink and as she looked at the empty glass she knew that was one too many. She was wasted, but she didn't care. A couple of detox pills, some recaf and she'd be fit and ready for fighting.

Slazton
27-06-2005, 04:01
'Another drink Pip?' Jax asked slowly. He was getting tired, stoned and hungry. When he saw her shake her head no, he looked round the room and killed the music. 'Right you lot, I need to catch my sleep or I won't be driving that Sentinel very well tomorrow, and we don't want that do we?'

Somebody grumbled, but everyone left slowly, but surely. Jax grabbed a ration cake and scarfed it down before falling face first into his bed.

EmperorsChamp01
27-06-2005, 04:01
Jenkins snickered at Pip she wasnt relly dancing now it was just a slurd movement. 'Shes going to fall' and as soon as the words got in to his brain she took a bad step and went falling to the ground. Laying there she was just laughing.

Xhalax
27-06-2005, 04:08
'I think I better get some sleep! Sorry about the dance Jenkins. Maybe later.' Pip managed to get up and make her way towards the door. 'Don't worry I'll be fine.' and lefft, stopping to give Jax's the thumbs up.

She slopped quickly back to the barrack's and opened the door. It was pitch black inside and she couldn't be bothered to turn the lights on so she scrambled into bed. Totally unaware of just how full and lumpy the bed actually was.

She feel asslep quickly

OOC/ Don't follow her or go looking coz you won't find her. Nid...you know what to do! /OOC

Kittah
27-06-2005, 04:56
Sophie was about to reply to her new accquaintance when she found herself addressed. She found herself frowning - she'd liked the idea of a nice rest and a casual chat. Still frowning she returned a reply to the officer.

"Stormtrooper Sophie reporting for duty, ah, sir" she replied smoothly. She didn't have much respect for most naval officers - her limited experience with the Imperial Navy not being particularly pleasant. Besides, she wanted to turn back to her new friend. That and she was sure he was down in the docking bay areas for a smoke - something she rarely indulged in, but could have killed for at the time.

At the officer's indecision over how to respond a smirk caught at her lips and she allowed herself to raise an eyebrow expectantly. Sweaty and filthy she may be, but she still had class and a way of getting what she wanted, and right now she wanted casual comfort first and a briefing last.

Such was not to be however, as she was forced to regretfully abandon Borred and follow the officer to a small room sparsely furnished, with a table, two chairs and a vid-screen to boast about. It was over this small screen she was briefed and brought up to speed on the situation. Thanking the Emperor for getting off with her tardiness she was lead away to the quarters prepared for her. Despite not being able to introduce herself to the others, she was glad of the privacy and decided to treat herself to a shower. Emperor knew she could do with one, and she was certain that once they got underway the opportunities to keep herself clean and in relatively good hygiene would be few and far between.

Nid
27-06-2005, 08:09
The alarm went off. Altan slammed it off, cracking its casing. He went through a lot of alarms. It was early dawn, or an approximation thereof. On a Starship, time was relative. He yawned and stretched, and finally noticed there was something soft in with him. Squishy in all the right places. And snoring. Pip was passed out fully clothed on his bed. Altan looked around his room, and racked his brain trying to remember what happened last night. Odds are she just stumbled in drunk, but do the guys really need to know that? Altan decided not. A big grin spread his face. He lay back and relaxed, deciding he could spare 10 more minutes. Last time he had woken up with someone, it was for survival trapped on the ice plains of Ho' Th XII, and it was a grox of a mother named Cletus. Altan didn't like ice anymore.

marineowar
27-06-2005, 08:15
Borred rose half a cycle before required so he could get to the mess ahead of the others and aquire the freshest slop. Then he went down to the rec hall to warm up before the drop.
About the time the rest of the group would be rising he returned to his quarters for a quick shower before headed back to the mess hall for more slop before the drop.

Antaeus
27-06-2005, 10:59
0400 came. In the landing bay, Commissar Arridan Grazvich stood in the shadow of the Valkyrie airborne carrier the Shadow Wolves were assigned. He wore his full dress uniform, Boltgun slung over his shoulder on its strap, his huge, muscular frame and black uniform giving him a very imposing appearance, cap-badge highly polished.

Next to the Valkyrie was the Sentinel walker allocated to the mission, grav-chutes attached to its spindly frame. Inside the Sentinel's cockpit, in addition to the normal controls, is a pressure helmet. The hangar is full of aircraft, a full squadron of Lightnings sitting on their landing, tech crews milling around the hangar floor.

Board the shuttle: if late, the Commissar will want a good explanation, and his Bolter is always loaded. Give your excuses and leave his decision up to me. Trooper Sophie will be given the designation Shadow Six when she arrives.

marineowar
27-06-2005, 11:08
After doing one last check of his equipment, Borred walked into the landing bay. Seeing the Commissar, his lips curled slightly in a snarl, that disappeared as fast as it came. I mightn't like the bastards bu' I ain't gunna give him a reason to hate me, yet. He lit up a Lho stick while he waited for the others to show up.

Adept
27-06-2005, 11:54
Scar stood up. He'd been in the Launch bay since 0300. He'd unpacked and repacked his gear again, triple-checked his weapons and armour, and fitted the standard reflective glasses to his helmet.

He walked aboard the shuttle, took a seat, and put on his helmet, clipping the rebreather in place and sealing his face off from the elements. His breathing produced a light gasping noise as the rebreather started working.

Xavier
27-06-2005, 12:24
Kayleigh walked into the hangar, jax not fair behind her, she stopped and looked at his sentinel.. "enjoy your one way ticket" she laughed, picking up the rest of her gear and boarding the valkyrie. She walked towards the cockpit and smiled to the pilot, it was one of the Elysians own valkyrie that had been requisitoned, "dont get shot down, we need a lift home" she joked with the pilot. Walking back to the cabin she unslung her long las and loaded it, keeping the safety on, and stowed it behind her head for the landing. She followed her training for the pre flight checks.

Kittah
27-06-2005, 12:30
Sophie stepped out of the shower, cursing the fact she'd had barely enough time to get herself clean, letalone to enjoy the feeling of warm water. Briefly checking the time she donned the jet fatigues and blood red Carapace Armour that were the colours of the Takahashi Bloodhawks. Brushing a few loose strands from her face she rubbed her temples, massaging them in the hope of gaining somewhat more alertness. Frankly, she was dead on her feet and hoped for at least some rest on the trip planetside.

Checking the time again, she realised she had barely 10 minutes to get down to the launch hangar. Cursing the circumstances again she gathered her personal belongings, stowing each in appropriate pouches. She took extra care with her Katana, the only connection she had with who she had supposed to have been raised to be. Checking the power cells in her Hellpistols she decided she'd have to get them some sun during the day. She changed them for a full-powered set from her pack and stored the others in her pack to recharge at the opportune time.

Double and triple-checking everything, she found nothing left behind and no more reason to stay in the team's quarters, unless she desired the remnants of a bolter shell in an exploded skull. She quick-stepped it down the corridors, ignoring anyone she came across on the way. She finally made it to the launch hangar, stopping before she entered to quickly adjust her uniform to make it straight - she didn't want to make any worse an impression than her arrival had already caused. She walked through the door, glanced around briefly until her eyes came to rest on the Commisar. Groaning inwardly she allowed Borred her acknowledgement in the form of a nod before approached the Commisar respectively, saluting powerfully and accompanied by "Trooper Sophie, reporting for duty sir.". No Imperial Guardsman or woman really likes a Commisar, but it came with the job so she figured she'd best learn to get along with it.

At least I'm familiar with the insertion she thought as she glanced at the craft prepared for them. This could be better than expected, after all...

Xavier
27-06-2005, 12:35
Looking at the new arrival she laughed "Welcome Toy Soldier, grab a seat" she smiled, indicating the one next to her

Yin - Yang
27-06-2005, 13:00
Verus grabbed his equipment from his billet, before making his way to the shuttle. He went onboard, and took a seat. He spotted the new arrival, and nodded in greeting "Sgt Nefero, 346th Armageddon Steel Legion"

EmperorsChamp01
27-06-2005, 14:11
Huh thats strange? Jenkins said as he got up. He relised that he had been sleeping in the hangar bay. Almost everyone was there. 'Good im not late' he thought to him self. It was probally the smartest thing hes done in the whole Time hese been here. +He stoped and padded him self down+ Oh no! he said. but he turned around and there it was. His pipe was laying on a medical pack. 'Hmmmmm This might come in handy' He took the Med pack and attached it to his back and started making his way to the ship.

Antaeus
27-06-2005, 14:14
A new general note: casually creating useful items is not encouraged. New items will become available, but not without a degree of risk. Jankins will later find out that that medical pack is empty.

Commander X
27-06-2005, 14:16
At exactly 0359 Edinte entered the hangar, ready for whatever would come now. He got a bit nervous when he saw that Otega would be in a Sentinel near him all the time. Watching the Commisar looking around, waiting for those who would be late, he chuckled and walked towards the shuttle.

'Now who would be the first to be too late?'

He took a seat with view to the entrance and the Commisar, and waited for someone to be too late or otherwise annoy the Commisar.

EmperorsChamp01
27-06-2005, 14:16
Understandable.

Nid
27-06-2005, 17:04
Altan and Pip ran into the room. The time was 0401. However, they were ready to go. Altan had his Autogun prepped and loaded, and his equiptment in a satchel. Pip looked unwell, and rather hung over. "Reporting in!" he bellowed and saluted the commisar.

Hoshi No Koe
27-06-2005, 19:05
After being done at the messhall. Kodjiro had gone back to his cabin and passed the remaining time checking his equipment.

His gear checked, black cloak veiling is features, matching hood obscuring his face and Long Las strapped to his back, Takeshi walked up to the commissar at the entrance of the shuttle.

"Trooper Kodjiro reporting for duty, sir" His tone was flat and emotionless. He then walked into the shuttle acknowledging Skar with a nod which none of the others had noticed.

He also noticed a newcomer. A third woman, she was wearing a red carapace armour. She looked up at him as he passed by, noticing a quick flicker of light reflecting on cold emotionless grey eyes which was immediately swallowed up by the darkness shrouding his face.

He went down the shuttle corridor and strapped himself up in the seat next to Skar his head slightly hanging so that the hood covered his eyes from the others.

"This is going to be interesting" he whispered to himself, but loud enough that the Storm trooper next to him might have heard it.

Xhalax
27-06-2005, 19:10
Pip felt a touch on the ill side, but she'd be worse. She'd managed to secrete a small flask of wickedlly strong black recaf with her that would help wake her up. And a few detox pills never went in wrong.

'Trooper Edger reporting for duty!' she annonunced, grasping her Flamer, mainly to hold herself still. She shot a sly look at Altan. It had been a bit of a shock waking up in his bed. But thankfully her memory of last nights events were clear and she knew nothing had happened.

For a while Altan had tried to convince her that they'd been down and dirty together, but Pip had shot him down straight away. Though she'd seen the funny side of it.

Xavier
27-06-2005, 19:15
Looking up as the other sniper came onboard she smiled, then went back to her pre mission checks. She got out a tub of boot polish and rubbed it all over her lasgun and anything else metalic, and wrapped a pierce of camo fabric around the stock and barrel. She stood up and jumped a few times checking her armour wasnt making any sound, there was only the clang of boots on the metal floor, no sound from her mesh. Sitting back down she smiled, her mission with the catachans had taught her so much about jungle warfare and scouting. She expertly applied the Camoflauge to her face. Holding up the tub she motioned to kodjiro and threw it into his hands, "you might want to use that" she smiled. She drew the catachan devil checking its blade, it was still razor sharp, the blade though dull was as keen as it had ever been.

She shot a questioning glance at pip, the two of them coming in together and looking rather drunk sparked her interest, "Pip, tell me you didn't, he's prison scum" she laughed.

Slazton
27-06-2005, 19:23
'Well hot stuff I won't be biting the bullet as of yet, I still got to try and pull you!' Jax said with a wink as he climbed the ladder into his Sentinel.

Jax sat in the cockpit of the sentinel, his autogun stowed behind him as he prepped the Walker. He looked it over from the inside and smiled like a juv reciecving his first Emperor's Birthday present.

It had extended commns, an autocannon primed and ready, and smoke launchers. All this puppy needed was a chainsaw attachment, a radio, a few subs, and some big **** speakers and Jax would have been on cloud nine.

'This is Shadow Four clocking in, I am ready and waiting to be dropped. Lets get this show on the road!' boomed Jax across the vox-caster. The Comissar would not be amused, but frag him, literally.

Xhalax
27-06-2005, 19:26
Pip just smiled and shrugged, neither comfirming nor denying what may or may not have taken place the night before. It was a useful ploy. Keep people guessing and badgering you for answers. It meant there was another pair of eyes watching near you. All the better to spot the enemy.

Xavier
27-06-2005, 19:35
She rolled her eyes slightly at kayleigh, and put the microbead behind her ear, discarding the helmet. "Wolf five ready to go" she said cheerfully, "Shadow four, dont forget to breathe on the way down, we lose far to many new recruits that way"

Xhalax
27-06-2005, 19:38
'Yes breathing.....so hard to forget to do.' Pip chipped in over the vox. 'Wolf Two in position and ready' she found her seat and strapped herself down. She loved drops. The adrenaline rush always did her good.

Xavier
27-06-2005, 19:40
"Whats the plan for the landing? Anyone know?" she asked over the vox

Hoshi No Koe
27-06-2005, 19:42
"Thanks" he said to Kayleigh, observing her face as he had done while she was asleep.

"Just forget about it" he thought. "She justs look like her, don't think about it"
But looking in the Elysian's eyes for an instant had made him sink back inside his memories. His thoughts were with his lost comrade.

A hollow look crept into his eyes once more as he started putting on the camo paint in jungle patterns. Thankfully, no one could see the emptiness in his eyes thanks to his hood.

Xavier
27-06-2005, 19:48
She waited till he had used it then reached across for it, "pip, catch and do somthing about your shiney flamer" she said throwing the tub to her

Commander X
27-06-2005, 19:53
Edinte shook up from the sudden noise made by - as he expected - Jax in his Sentinel, and stood up. He walked to the ramp again to see what Jax was up to with the machine.

'Poor thing, it won't survive the mission like this. Maybe it's better for her, then she won't have to be abused like that anymore.'

He went back in and looked around at persons applying camouflage paintings and the like. Apart from turning his cloak inside-out, now being a dark grey on the outside, he hadn't done anything like that. That was mainly because he would be noticed anyway, and wasting equipment to try and change that would be pointless.

Slazton
27-06-2005, 20:10
Jax suddenly got serious.

'Hey Tool Monkey, sorry Eginseer Edinte, can you look her over for us? I don't want this thing failing on me in the field you know?' Jax asked shouting down to him. Jax climbed out real quick and approached the Eginseer. 'I know we won't see eye to eye, but I will respect your authority with vehicles and trust it. So look it over, and see if you can make her move a tad faster than normal, the last thing we want is me holding everyone back eh?'

Commander X
27-06-2005, 20:28
Edinte was suprised by hearing this from Jax, and agreed immediatly to try and do something about it. He took a look at the Sentinel, and noticed 'she' would have problems with the joints on the left 'hip' and 'knee'. This could be solved very easy, but he would need some tools to get the job done.

"Any chance you have tools I can borrow, I didn't bring any as I didn't expect to need them." he asked Jax.

Yin - Yang
27-06-2005, 20:35
Verus checked his equipment quickly, making sure that his lasgun was clean and in working order, and that his sword was functioning properly."This is Shadow One, ready to go"

Nid
27-06-2005, 21:11
"Shadow 3 reporting, or as the ladies call me, big daddy" Altan piped into his comms for a check. He grinned at the chuckles he got out of a few of the other crew members. He also grinned at the little gifts he had managed to smuggle out of the armory.

Xavier
27-06-2005, 21:13
"haha big daddy, thats not what pip's been telling me" kayleigh laughed into the micro bead, altan turned slightly red.

Antaeus
27-06-2005, 22:27
Trooper Connors saluted as he ran up into the Valkyrie's cargo bay. Commissar Grazvich glanced at his chrono, but said nothing for now. They had to be leaving. He turned, storm coat billowing, and stalked up the ramp, heavy boots clanking on the metal surface.

He sat down, and addressed the assembled Shadow Wolves. "The plan is simple: we land, and clear out any hostiles in the area. We will have a short period of timke for rest, then we move on. By nightfall we should reach a small village: what state it will be in we do not know: this close to the front lines, it could be in our hands, or under enemy control: we should be ready for the worst." He sat back in his head, right hand resting on the Bolter lying across his lap.

Everyone onboard, the Valkyrie took off, engines flaring blue-white trails behind it. The hangar's noise levels shot up as a squadron of Lightnings powered up and fell into formation with the carrier. A lifter unit clamped onto the Sentinel, lifting it into its pressurised belly for safety until they entered the atmosphere.

The interior is cramped, very little room for manoeuvre, lit with dim, yellow artificial light.

Xhalax
28-06-2005, 00:12
Pip took the tub from Kayleigh and began dulling down her Flamer. True it was already a touch on the grubby side, but it was still too bright and as much as it was her life saver, at times it would be a death trap.

Certain it was dulled enough, she smeared the excess on her face. Her pale Valhallan skin showed up almost as well as the shine on her weapon. Suitably painted, Pip threw the jar back to Kayleigh and placed the Flamer in the weapon space, ready for take off.

'Thanks! And even though I know you're dying to know what Altan keeps under those clothes, my lips are sealed!' she taunted her.

She sat back and listened to the Commissar, managing to down a couple of glups of recaf. It sounded simple enough to her, and so she felt like it was going to be a fairly easy ride. Or as easy as covert ops ever got. Which in truth made her almost yearn for frontline detail. But it'd be nice to get out and stretch her legs for a change.

EmperorsChamp01
28-06-2005, 01:11
Jenkins ran up the ramp and gave a quick nod to everyone. He sat down next to pip and looked over his weapons. "Did you sleep alright Pip?" laughing at himself for the joke. It felt good to be the one telling the jokes.

Slazton
28-06-2005, 01:24
Jax suddenly felt the Sentinel being loaded and cringed, he was not happy with this. Why couldn't they give him a Chimera or a damn Rhino? Not this flimsy two legged piece of grox pie!

MUttering a quick prayer to the Machine God, Jax sat back and hoped that the Eginseer had done his job, or this was going to be a one way drop. He breathed in slowly and thought about lighting a smoke, but alas he decided against it, the smoke would linger in the pressurised chamber and that damned Commissar would bust his head wide open.

Suddenly the Sentinel shuttered and Jax grabbed onto something, hoping he was not about to enter free fall this early in the game.

Opening the comm channel to Kayleigh.

'Hey darling, what prayer do you use to calm your nerves during a drop, as I really need one,' Jax said with an edge in his voice, knowing anyone tunning in would detect the fear in his voice.

Xhalax
28-06-2005, 01:29
'Like a baby!' she grinned back at Jenkins. The Valkyrie shook as it flew and Pip found the movement soothing and promptly closed her eyes and nodded off slightly. Though she kept her ears open in the vox, listening to the usual chatter amongst the troopers.

She noted Jax's vox channel with some amusment.

marineowar
28-06-2005, 02:04
Borred grinned when Jax made his call for a prayer. He'd been through enough combat drops to know that this one should be relatively easy. They hit some rough turbulence and he snarled, losing his grin, as it nearly jolted him out of his seat. Havin' experience dun't mean liken it, he thought.

Xhalax
28-06-2005, 02:07
Pip decided to speak up.

'Hey Jax. We have a saying on my planet that fits this sort of situation. Just remember this:
It's never too late to panic!' She laughed.

Slazton
28-06-2005, 02:11
Jax heard Pip's comment and laughed.

'Well we have a saying back home: 'If you are going to die, then meet death with a weapon in your hand.' I just need to grab a weapon,' Jax said with a laugh.

Suddenly Jax sighed and an Imperial Guard battle hymn started playing in his head. Calling upon his gospel singing voice, he began to sing it with the very passion of the Sisters of Battle who sing it. Hoping others would join in, the hymn began to relax him and he started to concetrate on the task at hand, that was living.

Xhalax
28-06-2005, 02:14
Pip smiled, at least he had seen the funny side of it and started to sing along to the battle hymn Jax had started. Her eyes were still closed and the noise of the shuttle was something near to deafening as the descended so she raised her voice above the din.

She liked to sing, she sang and didn't care if she could actually sing or not. Though a few people had told her she was good. She'd just thanked them and shrugged. She felt herself calm a little.

EmperorsChamp01
28-06-2005, 02:25
"I woke up in the hanger bay this morning and look what i found!" He pulls out the medkit. "lets look thrrough it" He un cliped the buckels and opened it up "Its empty!"
Not a single medical supply was in there. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

marineowar
28-06-2005, 03:30
Borred keyed his comm-bead and started to sing along too. He didn't particularly enjoy singing but he knew it would help bring the group together, besides, he thought, I've gotta be betta than some o' the others here.

Slazton
28-06-2005, 03:44
'The Emperor Shall Guide my hand, For He will be my Strength, my Courage, my Honour. I fight the heretic, I fight the Xenos and I fight the Dark ones, for they are there to destroy all He sacraficed for. I, too, must fight on, never giving up my Faith. For my Faith shields me and for this I fight on. To Fight is to bask in His glory! To arms! Till the Reaper crows your name! I say Fight!' roared Jax over the comms remembering his battle pledge.

He knew this was going to be a wild mission and Sentinel 1, was going to be his instrument against the enemy. He would deliver the Emperor's Justice.

'In His Name!' boomed Jax on the open comms net.

EmperorsChamp01
28-06-2005, 04:04
"Aye Jax for the Emperor" Jenkins said as he tried to stand up but his harnes wouldnt let him. What jax had just said instilled pride in jenkins. He though to him self I shall fight for the emperor and if i die then i shall be atmitted to the emperors golden throne.

Kittah
28-06-2005, 07:56
Sophie eyed the rest of the group apprehensively. Clearly she'd missed more than a little. She looked around hopefully, making eye contact and a brief nod with each of the individual members of the team. The least she could do before the drop was to get to know them all by sight...

Yin - Yang
28-06-2005, 09:11
Verus keyed his comm-bead, "Nice speech trooper, and I whole heartedly agree.In the emperor's name!" he said, before rasing his voice and singing along with the others. They didn't seem that outwardly worried about the drop, but Verus was worried as hell. He wasn't keen on jungle warfare, being a Steel Legionaire he was more used to fighting in ash wastes from the back of a chimera to slogging through dense foliage. But he was a sergeant, and it wouldn't be a good for morale if the one of the sergeants was showing his nerves. As such, he made sure not to show his apprension about the mission.

Adept
28-06-2005, 10:03
Scar grinned, although no-one could see behind the reflective visor. There was a few nerves here. Obviously not many drop veterans. Hell, this wasn't even a real drop. The Valkyrie was going to land and let them off. Things would only get hairy if the enemy intercepted with a fighter wing or some serious anti-air fire, and that wasn't likely.

He nodded towards Sophie, the newcomer.

"Shadow five to Shadow six" he said over the unit frequency so everyone could hear. "You'll be with the rest of Shadow squad when we hit the ground."

"Everyone, introduce yourselves. We might be going in hot and time for introductions could be short."

Kittah
28-06-2005, 10:15
Sophie half exhaled, half snorted amusedly. She didn't do well at introductions, but seeing as she'd missed the previous round of them, she figured she'd have to take the opportunity now.

"...Sophie reporting. You can call me Shadow Six if you'd all prefer. It's just as much a name for me as Sophie. Looks like you're all comfortable together - just don't mind me when I intrude."

She'd been hoping for a real drop, hoping for the rush of grav-chuting into immediate enemy defenses. Looks like she'd be disappointed, unknowingly sharing the same thoughts as Scar. She loved the feeling of grav-chuting, savoured the adrenalin of dropping in from a height and being straight into the action. Regardless, she just hoped they didn't get shot down on the way planetside.

Xhalax
28-06-2005, 10:57
Pip nodded to the new woman and sat back again.

'Is this boat ever going to make it to the ground?' she mused quietly to herself. She didn't mind drops, they just seemed to take forever.

Commander X
28-06-2005, 11:07
"Shadow Alpha reporting. I hope we get down there soon, this isn't too comfortable."

Edinte had gotten into the shuttle again, after de-rusting the left leg of Jax' Sentinel. He was waiting for them to reach the ground, as he barely fitted in his seat because of all the mechanical additions on his back.

Xavier
28-06-2005, 12:45
"With all my strength, With all my will, With every fibre of my soul, I pledge my soul and my faith, To the immortal Emperor, Shepherd of Humanity." Kayleigh started chanting the Litany of faith as they entered the Atmosphere. "I fear no evil, I fear no death, for the Emperor comes for me."

As they neared the ground she started praying, "I offer my life to the Emperor.
I pray that He accepts it.
I offer my strength to the Emperor.
I pray that He redresses it.
I offer my blood to the Emperor.
I hope he quenches His first.
I offer my body on the altar of the battlefield.
I pray He grants me a noble death.
I pray for His protection, as I offer all that I am."

After finishing she looked up at the commisar "are we actually landing, or do we plan on rappeling or fast roping in?

Wiseman
28-06-2005, 12:54
Quinne lowered his head as he listened into the hymns and made his own prayer to the machine spirit as well.

Slazton
28-06-2005, 13:28
'Hey this is Shadow Four in Sentinel Prime, also known as Daredevil, or Jax Otega. That Prayer you just caught was my battle pledge, kind of a mixture of our ganger vows but with Imperial Guard faith,' Jax said re-introducing himself. Jax caught the Litanty of Faith and sighed. 'Hey Elysian, that was actually worthwhile, its the only thing I have heard come out of your trap that actually meant something.'

Jax sat back and grinned. He knew in a about thirty minutes the Comissar would cut the chatter, but till then, he was going to keep the comms open.

Xavier
28-06-2005, 14:03
"Did you know, 1 in 10 grav chutes fail and dont actually slow you down at all" she said keeping a serious tone in her voice but noticably trying to keep a straight face.

Commander X
28-06-2005, 14:10
"They don't fail, all they do is amplify the effect of a mistake the wearer made." Edinte responded to her in a very calm way.

Slazton
28-06-2005, 14:11
Jax shuddered at the thoguht and merely replied: 'As the Emperor Wills.'

He did not like the idea of just hitting the ground in an explosion.

Xavier
28-06-2005, 14:13
"the only mistake one could make with a grav chute is programing the time when it decides to start slowing you down, which is normally done by a servitor or tech priest."