PDA

View Full Version : need to find someone to share skull pass with, how?

||-MARKO-||
30-08-2006, 13:50
ok. ive started an aorcs and gobbo arms, and have most of my first unit of orcs still to paint. but i cnat resist the temptation of the amount of cheap, good gobbos u get in BFSP!

ive decided that, before i buy it, im gonna finish my techmarine, and terminators, which wont take long. then, i want to find someone who wants the dwarves from BFSP, and go halves with them. i pay 20 for the gobbos , he pays 20 for the dwarves, then we split the rest.

my question is, how do i find someone willing to accept this deal? (without using the internet/ebay)

thanks in advance, (your friendly neighbourhood) marko

TheWarSmith
30-08-2006, 13:52
I think what most people are going to do that are in situations will be to have both people buy the box and just swap the gobbos and dwarves, so both people get 2 sets of what they like.

||-MARKO-||
30-08-2006, 14:08
no, what i mean is, if i just want the gobbos, how could i find someone to buy the dwarves for half of the boxe's cost?

Neknoh
30-08-2006, 14:13
Talk a friend into starting it, for 20 quid, a 500 pts playable army isn't exactly a bad deal

||-MARKO-||
30-08-2006, 14:15
true. thats what i though, 500pts for £20, thats about 4 times what i would have got if i bought my ''planned'' box of night goblins. hell yeah, ill ask around. im seeing a friend on tuesday, ill mention it.

maze ironheart
30-08-2006, 14:19
You could try ebay that might work or you could get a friend to buy the bits or trade with some one who wants dwarfs instead iof goblins.I tink opption 2 sounds more better because you get some money back and you get some one to play against.

Sleazy
30-08-2006, 14:28
reckon there'll be a lot of people looking to get rid of the dwarfs though, should be some bargains coming up on ebay (if you like godawful minis)

marv335
30-08-2006, 14:30
the trouble with splitting the cost is,
"who gets the rules/gubbinz?"
a straight split is not really fair.

my local store is doing a "swap shop" i'm trading all the gobbos for dwarfs.
see if anyone is buying a box and swap the bits.

||-MARKO-||
30-08-2006, 14:33
will do. i think the thing with the gubbinz would be like... split the dice between (lol, id have about 100 dice then) one guy gets rulebook other gets the scenario book..

ZomboCom
30-08-2006, 16:02
will do. i think the thing with the gubbinz would be like... split the dice between (lol, id have about 100 dice then) one guy gets rulebook other gets the scenario book..

Hardly fair. The rulebook is essential, the scenario book really isnt.

||-MARKO-||
30-08-2006, 16:40
Hardly fair. The rulebook is essential, the scenario book really isnt.

hmmm. i might just give the other guy the rulebook, unless he already has it...

it depends on what deal is struck...

DeathMasterSnikch
30-08-2006, 16:40
the trouble with splitting the cost is,
"who gets the rules/gubbinz?"
a straight split is not really fair.

my local store is doing a "swap shop" i'm trading all the gobbos for dwarfs.
see if anyone is buying a box and swap the bits.

Wonder if my store is doing that...Brothers getting BFSP and doesn't need dwarves, if the store will swap his dwarves for more gobbos that will be a beast.

maze ironheart
30-08-2006, 17:20
If the store i go to do swaps i'll proberly swap my goblin big boss for another shaman because i would proberly not use a goblin big boss in my army when i start my orcs and goblins army and i like the shaman model so i'll proberly swap them.I might swap my night goblin bowmen for Dwarf miners as only reciveing 8 is not enough so i might exchange my night goblin bowmen. Because in my orcs and goblin army i proberly won't need the little bowmen because i'll proberly use orc bowmen instead because they could take care of them selfs and with the new rules on them they are much stronger and with a armour save of 5+ at long range and 4+ in combat.

ZomboCom
30-08-2006, 18:19
The actual stores aren't doing the swapping, you understand, they're just allowing people who've bought the set to trade between each other instore.

Cpt. Drill
30-08-2006, 18:21
The way I am doing it is buying the box.... Then I have buyers set up for the rule book and buyers for the dwarves... also I will buy a second box and sell that rulebook and swap the dwarves and then get his gobbos!

PS. I imagine that the mines will sell nicely if you colelct a few sets due to them all being plastic and miners being alot better in the new rules!

The way my deal is working out... for £24 I am getting 180 goblins 3 trolls and a few heros and some bits of terrain! Also some scenareos books but they are rubbish as they only have some tips for playing the game not actual scenarios stupidly!

eldrak
31-08-2006, 11:12
I seriously doubt anyone can make much money by selling parts of BFSP on ebay as you can buy the whole thing for <32€ here (~21&#163;, ~40$).
When adding the freight it makes it an alltogether bad deal.

Best way is to buy a couple of sets with your friends (I think we bought six or so).

fritsk
31-08-2006, 13:32
I seriously doubt anyone can make much money by selling parts of BFSP on ebay as you can buy the whole thing for <32€ here (~21&#163;, ~40$).

Now where in Europe do you get those prices? Most shops here in Holland give a 10% discount, which means the box is about 45€.

maze ironheart
31-08-2006, 13:33
Any one else bought the special edition fanatic with their BFSP.

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
31-08-2006, 16:23
What can you already buy all the new stuff, I tought you could only buy it from 9 september, oh I will certainly pick up the limited editon fanatic, or maybe two so I can later sell one on ebay.

Greetz
G

maze ironheart
31-08-2006, 18:00
What can you already buy all the new stuff, I tought you could only buy it from 9 september, oh I will certainly pick up the limited editon fanatic, or maybe two so I can later sell one on ebay.

Greetz
G

I meant did any one who put a deposit on the BFSP get the fanatic put with it it still costs &#163;6 extra to buy the speacial fanatic. But you'll get the model put aside instead of missing out on the chance to get the special model.

eldrak
31-08-2006, 18:53
Now where in Europe do you get those prices? Most shops here in Holland give a 10% discount, which means the box is about 45.

Sweden, preorder only
http://www.figurspel.se/

fritsk
31-08-2006, 19:20
Sigh, pretty depressing that. With shipping to Holland it probably won't be much cheaper than over here.

Rod Hull
31-08-2006, 19:37
Could someone translate how much it'd cost to ship the Skull Pass box to England, please.

fritsk
01-09-2006, 20:36
I just got a preliminary guess for shipping to Holland (should be the same to the UK I suppose).4 boxes: 300 SEK, 8 boxes 450 SEK. That should be 32 vs 48 euros, or 21 vs 32 ukp. Note: these are preliminary guesses.