PDA

View Full Version : 2000pts Wood Elves

Little Geek
30-08-2006, 15:09
2000 points of Wood Elf goodness for all commers and gererally kicking ass, all c&c welcome.

Lords

Spellweaver - 345pts
- Level 4
- 2 Dispel Scrolls
- Amaranthine Brooch
- Asyendis Bane

Heros
Noble - 131pts
- Great Weapon
- Light Armour
- Helm of the Hunt
- Hail of Doom Arrows

or [Wardancer Noble - 140pts
- Blades of Loec]

Branchwraith - 65pts

Core

10 Glade Guard - 120pts

10 Glade Guard - 120pts

6 Scouts w/ Lords Bowman [No Lords Bowman if Wardancer Noble is taken] - 108/96pts

8 Dryads - 108pts

8 Dryads - 108pts

8 Glade Riders w/ Full Command - 228pts

Special

9 Wardancers w/ Full Command - 183pts

3 Treekin - 195pts

Rare

Treeman - 285pts

With the Noble its 1996pts and with the Wardancer Noble its 1999pts.

Crube
30-08-2006, 15:16
Overall, looks like a nice, balanced list. A couple of changes I'd make, personally...I would -

Get rid of the Treekin, 2/3 wardancers

Use the points to get 2 units of 10 Glade riders and/or 5/6 Wild Riders. They will then be able to support each other and be a right royal PitA...

Try and give your Branchwraith some spites. An Annoyance of Netlings is pretty cool , and means she can be an annoyance to other enemy charcters, as well as providing support to a unit of Dryads.

Personally,. I don't use a Noble character. I run with a Lvl 4 Mage, and a Branchwraith, with 50points of spites, and Lvl1 magic. I find the characters on foot too static to do much. 3 Warhawks can be real Warmachine hunters / mage hunters with their hit and run attacks.

A great eagle for 50 points is a nice way of supporting the hawks too.

Essentially, that is the key to Woodies. Mutual support. If you send 1 unit to do a job, it will probably lose, if you send in 1 to the front, 1 to the side you stand a better chance, and can roll sdown the line...

Little Geek
30-08-2006, 15:22
I was thinking of replacing the treekin with a solid block of 20 Eternal Guard considering i dont have any rank and file cc units

Flomat
30-08-2006, 15:28
Hi, all. Your list looks nice but why a spellweaver lvl 4. It'll be hard to throw a fate. If you want to throw fates, put your brnchwraith lvl 1 and take something for her. Take just 5 gladed riders, and if you want take some, add another fast unit(wild rider, great eagle, warhawks)

Flomat
30-08-2006, 15:32
Hello,

I think you don't need treekin if you have a treeman, so you can remove them.
Why a sorcer lvl 4 ???
He's on his own, so it's be hard to pass a fate, so if you want your lagic more effective, put your branchwraith lvl 1 and give something to her.

I think you can add a fast unit(great eagle, warhawk, wild riders) for go with your glade riders

Highborn
31-08-2006, 03:25
I'd definitely find some way to make the Noble an Alter to improve his effectiveness, and a shield for the extra save vs shooting.

The spellweaver is an interesting choice - a lot of points in one model for a wood elf army, especially with very few units to sit in. Any particular reason you've gone this route?

Little Geek
31-08-2006, 09:46
I'll mainly be playing against tomb kings so i need some decent magical resistance, i know the magic rules have changed in 7th ed so the list is probably gonna change by next week

Flomat
31-08-2006, 09:53
You need a good magic resistanc, but you need espiecally, hunter sorcer, (warhawks is pefect for this) or a good unit in corps à corps, for kill priest, (6 aatck strenght 4 is bad for a priest

Von Wibble
31-08-2006, 15:48
If you really want magic resistance - use the wand of Ariel.

Asyendi's Bane and the Brooch aren't needed. If a Spellweaver needs to take a ward save you've done something wrong. Lose a dispel scroll on top of these 2 items and take the Wand.

With the Branchwraith I would suggest the Cluster of Radiants to compensate for the lost Dispel Scroll. Thats 6 defense dice with rerolls, and 1 scroll.

Overall these changes cost 5 more pts - so take the noble and no Lord's bowman.

With the army itself....I think TK can take an army that forces you to attack them. Their archers are 8pts and they don't care that you're skirmishing in cover. Also their swarms and scorps can assassinate your own archers.

Therefore I think you need more speed. I agree with Flomat - warhawks and/or Glade Riders. I would lose the Tree kin and Scouts and take a unit of each.

Little Geek
31-08-2006, 16:31
Ive taken into account the lack of speed so i have included some warhawks, i have also taken out the treekin and the scouts and included a unit of eternal guard so that ive got a solid unit with rank and file.
ive made changes to the spelleaver and branchwraith but because of this ive lost stuff on the noble who is now part of the eternal kindred, this is not a total loss as he gets a 5+ save and the additional bonuses.

@ Von Wibble: im guessing you ment the wanf of Wych ELm not the wand of arial.

So with some changes

Lords

Spellweaver - 330pts
- Level 4
- Dispel Scroll
- Wand of Wych Elm

Heros

Noble - 80pts
- Eternal Kindred

Branchwraith - 90pts
- A Cluster of Radiants

Core

10 Glade Guard - 120pts

10 Glade Guard - 120pts

8 Dryads - 108pts

8 Dryads - 108pts

Special

15 Eternal Guard w/ Full Command - 210pts

10 Wardancers w/ Full Command - 201pts

3 Warhawk Riders - 120pts

Rare

Treeman - 285pts

Total - 2000pts

thalamus
31-08-2006, 18:26
I think you won't be happy with this big unit of Glade Riders. I would reduce them and spend my points on an battlestandardbearer including warbanner. This would give you many variable ooptions. put him into your Eternal Guards to make them stubborn with rerolls. Let him walk behind your tree and he will guarantee that your tree will stay in battle, or my favourite, put him into your Wardancer and give them something they really needed. standart and warbanner bonus, when your trying to clean up the pieces, which arrived at your side of the table :o)

Though it is a very nice list you built.

Little Geek
01-09-2006, 16:42
As above with the following changes

5 Glade Riders w/ no Command - 120pts

14 Eternal Guard w/ Full Command - 198pts

Battle Standard Bearer w/ Warbanner and Light Armour - 117pts
I'd put the BSB into the unit of Eternal Guard with the noble.

This puts me at 1997pts

popisdead
01-10-2006, 02:05
Spellweaver - 345pts
- Level 4
- 2 Dispel Scrolls
- Amaranthine Brooch
- Asyendis Bane

at lvl 4 I'd probably drop her on a unicorn.

Heros
Noble - 131pts
- Great Weapon
- Light Armour
- Helm of the Hunt
- Hail of Doom Arrows

Add the alter kindred. he 'walks' faster than most things march.

- Blades of Loec]

Wardancer nobles are really great.

Branchwraith - 65pts

kinda useless. a branch nymph is 24 pts and accomplishes the same.

10 Glade Guard - 120pts
10 Glade Guard - 120pts
take musicians.

6 Scouts w/ Lords Bowman [No Lords Bowman if Wardancer Noble is taken] - 108/

Just take 5, NEVER the champ.

8 Dryads - 108pts
8 Dryads - 108pts

are you sure 8 dryads don't cost 96 pts?

drop the standard, unit champ and 3 models.

you can take just 7 since you've the noble.

3 Treekin - 195pts
Treeman - 285pts

looks good.

Toddums
01-10-2006, 02:46
My friend always takes 20 Eternal gaurd, led by a highborn (great weapon, annoyance of netlings, LA, and the rhymers harp). Very few units can break this unit on their own. With the highborn and great weapon combo causing some extra wounds, the 5+ ward save, the ability to move through difficult terrain without penalty, along with the 20 eternal guard make this unit very very dangerous.Annoyance of netlings can basically negate enemy character attacks (through challenges), so that beefed up Khorne lord doesn't look so scary needing 6's to hit the highborn. PLUS THE UNIT BECOMES STUBBORN if led by a highborn. I can't say enough how awesome this unit is, just about everything thrown at it bounces right off. The 5+ ward save gives the t3 elves some durability too. Sorry for the rant...

Have you considered an alter kindred noble? If you give him a great weapon with helm of the hunt he gets 5 WS 7 STR 6 attacks on the charge!!! Very beefy and some people won't expect it. Throw a hail of doom arrow on him too, as his high movement lets you shoot it off when and where you need to. Just keep him away from enemy fire, and that should be too hard since his movement is 9.

god octo
01-10-2006, 13:13
So with some changes

Lords

Spellweaver - 330pts
- Level 4
- Dispel Scroll
- Wand of Wych Elm

Heros

Noble - 80pts
- Eternal Kindred

Branchwraith - 90pts
- A Cluster of Radiants

Core

10 Glade Guard - 120pts

10 Glade Guard - 120pts

8 Dryads - 108pts

8 Dryads - 108pts

Special

15 Eternal Guard w/ Full Command - 210pts

10 Wardancers w/ Full Command - 201pts

3 Warhawk Riders - 120pts

Rare

Treeman - 285pts

Total - 2000pts

This list looks perfectly fine, bu i would do a few things to it. I would get rid of all the command on the glade riders, as well as 3 glade riders. This gives you 117 points. I would then use this to get 5 more eternal guard, to give youi a unit of 20. You then have 57 points to spend- i would either get another warhawk rider or an eagle. Or you could make the enternal guard noble a BSB and give him some equipment, like the annoyance of netlings.

popisdead
16-10-2006, 00:18
Spellweaver - 345pts
- Level 4
- 2 Dispel Scrolls
- Amaranthine Brooch
- Asyendis Bane

Not sure the last two are really a big help.

Heros
Noble - 131pts
- Great Weapon
- Light Armour
- Helm of the Hunt
- Hail of Doom Arrows

Make him an Alter as well and give him a sheild.

- Blades of Loec]

Always good.

Branchwraith - 65pts

Drop the BW if you're not taking Cluster or making more useful, right now this is just a Branch Nymph you're paying too much for.

10 Glade Guard - 120pts
10 Glade Guard - 120pts

Take musicians.

6 Scouts w/ Lords Bowman [No Lords Bowman if Wardancer Noble is taken] - 108/96pts

Just take 5, no upgrades.

8 Dryads - 108pts
8 Dryads - 108pts

Looks good.

Just take 5-6 with a musician.

Looks great, but you only need a total of about 8, so a full 10 (iwth noble) would be a bit over kill.

3 Treekin - 195pts

great.

Treeman - 285pts

Great.

It's a good start.

Xavier
16-10-2006, 00:22
Spellweaver - 345pts
- Level 4
- 2 Dispel Scrolls
- Amaranthine Brooch
- Asyendis Bane

Not sure the last two are really a big help.

Heros
Noble - 131pts
- Great Weapon
- Light Armour
- Helm of the Hunt
- Hail of Doom Arrows

Make him an Alter as well and give him a sheild.

- Blades of Loec]

Always good.

Branchwraith - 65pts

Drop the BW if you're not taking Cluster or making more useful, right now this is just a Branch Nymph you're paying too much for.

10 Glade Guard - 120pts
10 Glade Guard - 120pts

Take musicians.

Just take 5, no upgrades.

8 Dryads - 108pts
8 Dryads - 108pts

Looks good.

Just take 5-6 with a musician.

Looks great, but you only need a total of about 8, so a full 10 (iwth noble) would be a bit over kill.

3 Treekin - 195pts

great.

Treeman - 285pts

Great.

It's a good start.

Spellweaver - 345pts
- Level 4
- 2 Dispel Scrolls
- Amaranthine Brooch
- Asyendis Bane

at lvl 4 I'd probably drop her on a unicorn.

Heros
Noble - 131pts
- Great Weapon
- Light Armour
- Helm of the Hunt
- Hail of Doom Arrows

Add the alter kindred. he 'walks' faster than most things march.

- Blades of Loec]

Wardancer nobles are really great.

Branchwraith - 65pts

kinda useless. a branch nymph is 24 pts and accomplishes the same.

10 Glade Guard - 120pts
10 Glade Guard - 120pts
take musicians.

6 Scouts w/ Lords Bowman [No Lords Bowman if Wardancer Noble is taken] - 108/

Just take 5, NEVER the champ.

8 Dryads - 108pts
8 Dryads - 108pts

are you sure 8 dryads don't cost 96 pts?

drop the standard, unit champ and 3 models.

you can take just 7 since you've the noble.

3 Treekin - 195pts
Treeman - 285pts

looks good.

Way to post almost the exact same advice again. :rolleyes:

Seriously do you only post in Wood Elf army list threads with the same advice over and over and over again?

The least you could do is offer real advice rather than just post their list giving your own frankly worthless observations on it, tell the person in question WHY they should do what you say.