PDA

View Full Version : Ancient History

Commander Ozae
30-08-2006, 19:21
I'm just curious if anyone knows about the history of the eldar in particular. I know the story of the War in Heaven but i want more specific things like who was Eldanesh, which C'tan did Khaine destroy, ideas on what the Wraith Knights were, what happened to Anaris, what was the Nightbringer's weapon that was banished into the Warp, etc. Anything and everything in terms of information is welcome.

Dat Wildboy
30-08-2006, 19:35
Eldanesh was the greatest eldar hero EVER. an unparrelelled psyker, warrior and all round perfection in a space elf shaped body. he had a brother, Ulthranesh or something.

he tried to break Vaul, Isha and the one beginning with 'K' out of Khaine's dungeon. khaine murdered him after he managed to free them. he tried to protect Isha, and khaine tore him to shreds. Isha forever wept for her favourite son (isha's symbol is the crying eye)- the eldar belived Isha to be the mother of their race. he was able to get to Khaine's dungeon with the help of Falcon, who the tank is named after.

Asuryan cursed khaine's hand to drip with the blood of Eldanesh forever more so the eldar race would not forgive him for what he did.

Ulthranesh survived, i believe his descendants created the Ulthwe craftworld, and Eldrad was a direct descendant. i'm not sure, i could be making thatpart up, it might be old fluff, i'm not sure.

actually its all pretty hazy to me. i can't remember it very well at the moment.

BrainFireBob
30-08-2006, 22:31
MvS wrote a timeline thread that goes through the "ancient" Eldar,Old Ones, and Yngir (Necron) fluff fairly well, if you want to search for it.

DMG
31-08-2006, 02:53
Have a look at this on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eldar_%28Warhammer_40%2C000%29

Commander Ozae
31-08-2006, 16:41
Thanks guys, good stuff.

Kage2020
31-08-2006, 21:52
MvS makes the best of some very poor 'fluff'... ;) :D

Kage

Madhead
08-09-2006, 20:24
Have a look at this on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eldar_%28Warhammer_40%2C000%29

That Wiki mentions a "new" eldar god named Ynnead but doesn't say anything about him. Does anyone have info?

BrainFireBob
08-09-2006, 20:26
He's the Eldar attempt to defeat Slaanesh- all the souls in all the Infinity Circuits are going to go into creating Ynnead, God of the Dead.

Kjell
08-09-2006, 21:39
MvS makes the best of some very poor 'fluff'... ;) :D

Kage

This is terribly off-topic, but half the time I'm not sure if you like the 40K background or not. :D Sometimes it's understandable, but...

Just observing, is all. ;)

Kage2020
09-09-2006, 13:41
<sigh> Yes, overall I like the 40k background. That doesn't mean that I have to swallow everything that is pushed out by GW and jump around like a sycophantic fanboy: "OMG! The War in Heaven stuff is just so kewl!" ;) (Of course, preference means that some people really do feel that it is really cool!)

Xenology is a nice example of this. Solid premise but ultimately mishandled when you move beyond the story and into the "biology".

Again, though, there is a difference between liking the stuff and having to accept it all at face value. When you smooth out some of the tendencies in the 'fulff', moderate them by personal interpretation and preference, 40k becomes a lovely little universe.

Kage