PDA

View Full Version : Battlefront II

FrAnKtHeFrEaK
23-06-2005, 01:18
I'm a fan of the star wars games that Lucas Arts is constantly pumping out, and my all-time favourite is Star Wars: Battlefront.

Well, the sequel to this game is to be released this fall, it's Battlefront II. Link
here (http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swbattlefrontii/indexFlash.html#).

I won't explain all of the new things (the link does that well enough on its own), however it includes a number of new fighters and levels and even allows space battles and boarding actions!

I for one am looking forward to this.

Kiro
23-06-2005, 23:29
Oh yes, I really cannot wait until this game is out. I loved the first one, and this one is looking so promising already.

Strikerkc
24-06-2005, 16:45
Yup, going to be fun stuff. I'm really looking forward to the potential of doing boarding actions. All I want to do is storm a Star Destroyer, is that so wrong? :D

Any ways, not all that happy about the inclusion of Jedi characters as playable, that's against the grain of what battlefront is for. If I wanted to play as a jedi I would play any other starwars game. Battlefront is about epic scale, man vs. man, battle in the starwars universe. I really hope the jedi thing is limited in the same ways as the jedi hero in the first battlefront (aka: rare).

FrAnKtHeFrEaK
24-06-2005, 18:10
Apparently (after reading up a bit), the jedi will be limited. They'll be a bonus of some kind, not a new character class or anything like that. A player who accomplishes some sort of objective (high kill score or something like that I guess) will be allowed to be a jedi.

There will, however, be a 6th character class. Nobody's saying what it is though, so I guess we'll just have to wait till the fall.

Inquisitor Maul
24-06-2005, 18:22
There will, however, be a 6th character class. Nobody's saying what it is though, so I guess we'll just have to wait till the fall.

The 6:th class will be a sort of "leader" class that enhances the others around him (or something like that). Can't remember were I reed it but I'll post the link if I find it again.

Rykion
24-06-2005, 18:48
They have mentioned that you have to accomplish some goal during each mission to unlock the jedi as a reward. It still might kill the balance of the game though. What fun will it be for the side that is already winning to get the further bonus of having a player controlled jedi? They will have to tone down jedis, as the original game's jedis only weakness was that they were AI controlled.

FrAnKtHeFrEaK
24-06-2005, 21:31
Yah, I agree with that. I'm really against having jedi units in the game beyond the AI controlled ones that already exist. The AI ones weren't great at all, on many levels they were fairly worthless (start in the wrong place on Bespin and all they do is sit around all game).

A leader class would be useful, perhaps the troopers around him will actually LISTEN when he asks them to follow him....

Unforgiven
26-06-2005, 22:17
I thought the jedi in the first one was a good idea, kind of a leader (who can't die apart from the way you have probably figured out) who ran at the enemy and kicked their arses. That is, when they are not running into walls. It would be really cool, to be in a war as one rather than a corney duel or adventure game. But i imagine they will be quite limited...

Bortus
29-06-2005, 07:25
Well the first one was awesome (fullfilled my personal fantasy about piloting an Imperial Walker) so if it's at least as good as the first then we are in for yet another Lucas Arts treat!

Delicious Soy
30-06-2005, 05:23
If aircraft work properly in this one, it will be sweet. You know, being able to roll. The ship to ship thing is something that had been called for in the first, nice to see Lucasarts was paying attention, eventually.

warlordgrubnatz
30-06-2005, 17:15
ell from what i gather from oxm the game will be awesome. playable jedi characters, ship-ship combat it sounds WoW

Unforgiven
30-06-2005, 17:23
I never bothered much with ship to ship combat in the first one, dunno about you guys. Just wasn't as fun as ground aussalt.

Strikerkc
30-06-2005, 18:25
I never bothered much with ship to ship combat in the first one, dunno about you guys. Just wasn't as fun as ground aussalt.

Ship v. Ship sucked. Ship v. Ground Vehicle was ungodly :evilgrin:.

Unforgiven
30-06-2005, 19:35
heh, heh, true.

Odin
04-07-2005, 13:37
I assume the Jedi thing will be an option that you can unlock. I expect you'll be able to turn the Jedi option off though (I certainly hope so - Jedi could be a fun variation, but you don't want them to take over).

I also hope the Jedi will be killable (unless anyone knows better, I don't think you can kill them in Battlefront 1). Yes, they should be hard, but if you get a direct hit on them with a missile they ought to at least take a bit of damage!

Looking forward to more mission-oriented games as well. Much though I love Battlefront 1, it would have been much better with real missions, rather than just seeing who can capture the most uplighters. In particular, I understand you can do the Tantive IV mission - trying to hold off the stormtroopers long enough for Leia to give the Death Star plans to R2, and for the droids to then make it to the escape pods.

Or better still - trying to blast your way through the rebel scum to stop Leia getting the plans away!

warlordgrubnatz
04-07-2005, 16:37
what i mean by ship to ship is this. youwill each have a capitol ship, ex a star destroy. then you can board/ attack the enemy ship or defend your own.this sounds realy cool.
was this option on the pc version.

Andyd
08-07-2005, 17:20
Yeah, really enjoyed the first game. Hope the second doesn't wreck the gameplay in the rush to add more bells and whistles...

Kiro
08-07-2005, 18:36
The Jedi won't be too powerful, the E3 video shows Vader getting owned quite easily. I think they may have cut too deep this time, and Jedi heroes will die fairly quickly.