PDA

View Full Version : Khorne Horde 2000 points

Azazel
31-08-2006, 22:26
Yo. I don't use any Knights or Chariots in my army, because I find it hard to keep the minitures in good condition. Or transport them around in my case, so I stick to infantry as best as I can. Here's my Khorne list. What do you think?

Chaos Army
-----------------
Characters
1 x Daemon Prince
MoK, Master of Mortals, Blade of the Ether,
Soul Hunger, Diabolic Splendour.

1 x Aspiring Champion of Chaos
MoK, Army battle standard, Gaze of the Gods.

-----------------
Core
1 x 16 Chaos Warriors
Sheilds, MoK, Command.

1 x 15 Chaos Warriors
Sheilds, MoK, Command, Banner of Rage.

1 x 16 Chaos Warriors
Ahw, MoK, Command.
------------------
Special
1 X 10 Beastherd
5 X Gors, 5 X Ungors.

1 X 10 Beastherd
5 X Gors, 5 X Ungors.
------------------
Rare
1 x Hellcannon
Dispel Scroll

------------------
Dispell Pool: 8
Casting Pool: 2

I usually play a refused flank with the Hellcannon one side with a unit of Beastmen, and the rest of my army on the opposite half. Typically I have a harder time against shootier armies (Skaven, Wood Elves). Anyone got any advice what to 'chop and change' to better suit the army against these foes?

^DrAgOn^
31-08-2006, 23:16
I find versus shooty army hounds of all kinds are really useful, flesh hounds for harrasing (Furies do well for this too but are great for taking out warmachines) and warhounds for running in front of the expensive warriors.

Maybe dropping the banner of rage and dispel scroll and getting a few small units of warhounds might help versus shooting. (3 units of 5 cost 60 points in total and they aren't so bad with WS 4 and movement 7) also warhounds are good for stopping the warriors charging into things you dont want them to...

I'd probally use the axe of khorne with soul hunger, +1 str and the armour for the prince but thats just me (And master of mortals), I mean at strengh 6 they'll be ignoring a lot of armour anyhow and with the rerolling misses and killing blow they'll outright kill a lot too! :evilgrin:

Although on a sad note in the upcoming 7th edition you wont be able to have 4x4 units since you'll need 5 models to get a rank. :(

Otherwise its a great list, I run a similar but I only have an aspiring champion with the armour of damnation on a chariot (Which DOES fall apart a lot :() for heros and furies/warhounds and flesh hounds instead of beastmen.

Azazel
01-09-2006, 01:03
Five models for a rank!? Oh damnit. I'm going to have to buy more damn models now...

^DrAgOn^
01-09-2006, 01:04
Five models for a rank!? Oh damnit. I'm going to have to buy more damn models now...

Exactly, it sucks, but on the bright side most of the new rules seem to help khorne!

MarcoPollo
01-09-2006, 05:27
Yup the newer rules help the elite infantry. Keep your units around 10 wide and beef up the attacks (khorne please). Don't worry about extra ranks with Khorne wariors. It is too much of an investment. Use them as detachments with big marauder blocks.

Dogs are particularly helpful because they are screens and speed/bumps.

I have a thread with beast of Khorne and ambush and a hell cannon. Have a look.