PDA

View Full Version : 3 random questions about WHFB.

Goldengroove
31-08-2006, 22:50
Hey.

These are all really straight-forward questions, but seeing as I can't find the answer anywhere, it's been really frustrating, so I finally decided to write them here. I'm sure the answer for these are right under my nose, but to hell with it.

1. How does a Chaos Lord with the Mark of Nurgle, (fear causing), on a chariot without the Mark of Nurgle work? Can I do that? Does the chariot have to have the same mark as the character riding it? Is the only downfall in doing this the chance that the Lord dies and thus the chariot carries on without causing fear?

2. Can a mage cast the same spell twice in one phase? For instance can a level 2 mage who has 4 power dice to his name, (let's assume he has the first and last spell on the list), choose to cast the first spell twice with 2 power dice each, or even try to cast the first spell 4 times with 1 power die each, instead of casting, let's say, the first spell with 2 dice and then the last spell with 2 dice?

3. Can ye have a 0+ armour save? I know this is probably the most asked question, but let's be honest, it doesn't really make much sense if you can.

Thanks for your time.

x

NakedFisherman
31-08-2006, 23:02
1. How does a Chaos Lord with the Mark of Nurgle, (fear causing), on a chariot without the Mark of Nurgle work? Can I do that? Does the chariot have to have the same mark as the character riding it? Is the only downfall in doing this the chance that the Lord dies and thus the chariot carries on without causing fear?

They need to have the same mark. Since the chariot has the MoCU, so does the Chaos Lord and vice versa.

2. Can a mage cast the same spell twice in one phase?

No.

3. Can ye have a 0+ armour save? I know this is probably the most asked question, but let's be honest, it doesn't really make much sense if you can.

Yes, and even -1+ and -2+. Since there's armor save modifiers, a model with a 0+ save hit by a S3 attack only fails on a 1 as does a model with a 2+ save. However, when hit by a S5 attack the 0+ save model still only fails on a 1 (his save is now 2+) and the 2+ save model fails on a 1, 2, or 3 (his save becomes 4+).

^DrAgOn^
01-09-2006, 00:13
Th
Yes, and even -1+ and -2+. Since there's armor save modifiers, a model with a 0+

I thought 0+ was the best you could get? (I mean it is possible to get more but I recall a rule saying 0+ is the most you are allowed)

Anyway about the mages while you can't use the mage to cast the same spell if they've already successfully cast the spell that magic phase they can cast it again if it got dispelled.

NakedFisherman
01-09-2006, 04:35
I thought 0+ was the best you could get? (I mean it is possible to get more but I recall a rule saying 0+ is the most you are allowed)

There is no such rule.

Anyway about the mages while you can't use the mage to cast the same spell if they've already successfully cast the spell that magic phase they can cast it again if it got dispelled.

Not true. A Wizard can only attempt to cast each spell once.

ReaperOfSouls
01-09-2006, 07:40
Not true. A Wizard can only attempt to cast each spell once.

Unless ofcourse they are Khemri and use incantations ;)

ZomboCom
01-09-2006, 14:35

Wrong. Other than a few specific circumstances (Khemri, wood elf treesing item and such), each wizard can only attempt to cast each spell once per magic phase.

^DrAgOn^
01-09-2006, 15:04
Wrong. Other than a few specific circumstances (Khemri, wood elf treesing item and such), each wizard can only attempt to cast each spell once per magic phase.
Wow, I wasn't so sure about magic since I'm a khorne player but is this the same for ogre kingdoms?

shartmatau
01-09-2006, 15:39
But if you have multiple mages, then you can try to cast the same spell for as many times as as you have mages. Correct?

Atrahasis
01-09-2006, 16:59
But if you have multiple mages, then you can try to cast the same spell for as many times as as you have mages. Correct?

As long as each of the mages has the spell, yes.

ZomboCom
01-09-2006, 18:10

Only if the mages all have the same spell.

Shaitan
05-09-2006, 09:40
Wow, I wasn't so sure about magic since I'm a khorne player but is this the same for ogre kingdoms?

Ogre Kingdoms also have a special rule on this one. They can cast a spell more than once but then the casting cost increases. (I believe 6 for the second time, 9 for the third time a spell is cast by the same Butcher)

Atrahasis
05-09-2006, 11:15
Ogre Kingdoms also have a special rule on this one. They can cast a spell more than once but then the casting cost increases. (I believe 6 for the second time, 9 for the third time a spell is cast by the same Butcher)

No, a Butcher may still only attempt each spell once per magic phase.

The increased casting cost is for any attempts made by other Butchers after the first.