PDA

View Full Version : Khorne Ambush 2K -- Hellcannon

MarcoPollo
01-09-2006, 05:21
Hey all, Just thought I'd run this list by any interested on-lookers for a critical analysis. Don't be shy to let me know your thoughts. If you are looking for Ideas, I have a neat combo with the Hellcannon.

Here it is:

Beast Lord of Khorne: Gaze of the Gods, Chaos Armor, Dark Heart (+d3 charge), extra hand weapon, chaos armor. -- 204 pts

Wargor of Khorne: Heavy armor, great weapon, Blood hunt horn (cause a failed rally test within 12") -- 133 pts

Wargor of Khorne: Heavy armor, pelt of the Dark Young (6+ armor save and MR 1), Great weapon and shield. -- 130

Exalted Hero undivided: Great weapon, Helm of Many eyes, shield. -- 131

Total Characters: 598

Core Units:

10 bestigor herd of khorne -- Champion only -- 177
8gor/14 ungor beast herd -- Full Command -- 147
2 tuskgagor Chariots -- 170

Special Units:
24 Marauders of Chaos --Hw/La/Sh full command -- 193
3 minotaurs of Korne -- great weapon -- 183

Rare:

Hell Cannon (w/ spell breaker) -- 295

N/A:
3X5 warhounds of Chaos --90

Total 2000 pts.

The idea is to provide a nasty front and a formidable ambush force if needed. I don't necessarily have a problem if my ambushing forces don't come out as planned all the time (so no Horn of the great hunt). But there is a neat combo with the "blood hunt horn". Given that a unit may wish to flee from a hellcannon shot, especially if they think they will rally later, the blood hunt horn will cause them to miss out on the rally attempt. Not only do opponents voluntarily run from hellcannon shots, but they have a penchant for being under the "panic test" template as well.

Other than that, the idea is to have a lot of different looks that I can offer my opponent. The super herds are a bit nasty too. The minotaurs are probably my weakest link (I cannot afford to give them much armor and are only there for the look really). Perhaps they are best suited as a reservist role. The bestigor herd is kept small and used as a detachment with the general. Using the dogs as speed bumps/screens will allow me to get off some of those nasty charges in support of the marauders or superherd.

I know that it is not entirely fluffy, but not too unfluffy either. There are enough tricks to keep my opponents on their toes.

Comments/concerns/questions. Please!

rhaberova
01-09-2006, 07:02
Beast Lord of Khorne: Gaze of the Gods, Chaos Armor, Dark Heart (+d3 charge), extra hand weapon, chaos armor. -- 204 pts

Wargor of Khorne: Heavy armor, great weapon, Blood hunt horn (cause a failed rally test within 12") -- 133 pts

Wargor of Khorne: Heavy armor, pelt of the Dark Young (6+ armor save and MR 1), Great weapon and shield. -- 130

Exalted Hero undivided: Great weapon, Helm of Many eyes, shield. -- 131

Total Characters: 598

Core Units:

10 bestigor herd of khorne -- Champion only -- 177
2 tuskgagor Chariots -- 170

Special Units:
24 Marauders of Chaos --Hw/La/Sh full command -- 193
3 minotaurs of Korne -- great weapon -- 183

Rare:

Hell Cannon (w/ spell breaker) -- 295

N/A:
3X5 warhounds of Chaos --90

Total 2000 pts.

I might be wrong but isn't the hellcannon for mortal chaos armies only. I'd ditch the marauders, my beast herd units crush marauders. Then with those points i'd get 2 more minotaurs in that unit and more bestigors in the little 10 man unit. 600 points is way too many for beastmen heros...they're strength is in numbers not cheat heros.

Voltaire
01-09-2006, 09:47
What is a 'Cheat Hero'?

rhaberova
01-09-2006, 18:43
Just a hero that can walk through a entire army. Not that you have been able to in this edition anyways....heros don't make that much of a difference in a beastmen army.

TheWarSmith
01-09-2006, 18:49
"0-1 hellcannon may be taken in Mortal Chaos army, counting as two rare choices"

So, unfortunate as it is, this isn't possible.

Voltaire
01-09-2006, 19:31
Nasty rules - though I would consider swapping it for some more chariots and Beastherds. Try and press your numbers advantage.

MarcoPollo
01-09-2006, 23:10
Well I guess I can't use the Hellcannon with this army. Too bad because the tactics are very synchronised with this baby and the ability to ambush.

TheWarSmith
01-09-2006, 23:24
My guess is that's the point. Even in 6th it'd be abusive.

If it was legal, I'd have bought one by now. I only ever run one rare choice in my beast army anyway. Problem with the cannon is that mortals armies are so limited in numbers in the first place, a 270-320 point warmachine makes it SO much worse.

rhaberova
03-09-2006, 04:52
Ya, i thought about taking one before that's how i knew.