PDA

View Full Version : Screamer Killer Carnifex : supersize me...

prophetus
01-09-2006, 10:15
hello,

a new order, the one of two, from a french guy.

the order was to made a hand to hand carnifex, no other species. the dealine was confortable to realise it .

http://www.warmania.com/galerie/data/media/34/face_1_principale_version_1.jpg

some details and biomorph of the beast :

http://www.warmania.com/galerie/data/media/34/glaouies.jpg

http://www.warmania.com/galerie/data/media/34/detail_2.jpg

sugest or comment are welcome.

Agamemnon2
01-09-2006, 10:39

Oh. Your. GOD.

Nuff said.

wokkers
01-09-2006, 10:55
is that a xeno-penis? i wonder what effect that would have in the game?

....ahem. its a fantastic model. well done.

Mojaco
01-09-2006, 11:05
The penis ruins it for me. You've got a great pose, really showing off the might of the carnifex, and you put a pair of massive balls on it? A waste.

Dspankdo
01-09-2006, 11:16
a guy I know made a.... Ahem biomorph like that on his EC Daemon prince exept it was a bit more aaaaaa graphic.

Luke
01-09-2006, 11:20
Well now I have seen everything :D

Loving the xenos-phallus if only to see the look on the GW staffers face when you put it on the table. Though it is very well scuplted.

Randallw
01-09-2006, 11:22
"Ha ha... dangly parts."

but seriously, is that really necessary.

The boyz
01-09-2006, 11:30
Looking pretty good. The conversion work and greenstuffing looks fantastic. I love the pose too. But like others have said, the alien balls, just look a bit wrong.

Frecus
01-09-2006, 11:30
Indeed, is that in the order, or your own idea?

If it's yopur own input, please remove it and think of something else. It ruins an otherwise great piece of modelling!

Frecus
The glade wanderer
Madwarrior

AventineCrusader
01-09-2006, 11:31
The penis ruins it for me. You've got a great pose, really showing off the might of the carnifex, and you put a pair of massive balls on it? A waste.

Completely agree. I would really like it otherwise. But thats just unpleasant.

Crusader

Gareth
01-09-2006, 11:37
Was the phallus really needed?

i'm not saying this because of a politically correct view, but more to do with fluff based reasoning.

Nids don't reproduce, they grow their creatures in pools of goo.

it could be *shudders* an implant attack i guess, but implant attacks are done through the tongue.

ArtificerArmour
01-09-2006, 11:43
The balls dont ven look like they're attatched to it, just stuck on randomly. Ruins the model for me.

HPD_Andy
01-09-2006, 11:46
"Ha ha... dangly parts."

but seriously, is that really necessary.

Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law. Great reference, and I agree. Great work, a little disturbing.

asmodai_dark86
01-09-2006, 11:59
All fear the mighty barbed xeno-wang!

Seriously, it lets it down - Nearly everyone here whose looked at it looks downwards and cringd because its a cracking conversion

sheep
01-09-2006, 12:01
Implant attack people :P

Nice model

sic
01-09-2006, 12:33
I think maybe you've been checking out too much H.R Giger work....still great conversion, even with the zeno schlong.

Warboss Grimmtoof
01-09-2006, 12:37
Erm... Well.... Uhhh......, Thats, disturbing and unnerving.... AARGH!!:mad: Wtf?:wtf: Sorry i'm just not sure how to respond to that.................bit..:eyebrows: Im afraid to ask about your reasons for its extra, hehe..."wargear".

prophetus
01-09-2006, 12:48
is that a xeno-penis? i wonder what effect that would have in the game?

Well now I have seen everything

hihi, but nothing is precised in the codex. and they are symbiotic aliens and weapons, only your imagination is the limit...

the alien balls, just look a bit wrong.

noway, because it was realised as an extra for the order. seen on the photo, it' not glued, so if the client doesn't like it, he doesn't glue it.

Indeed, is that in the order, or your own idea?

If it's yopur own input, please remove it and think of something else. It ruins an otherwise great piece of modelling!

see upon. all of the work are my ideas, the size, the pose, the details, the bol***.... . i had "licence to kill" to realize it.

it could be *shudders* an implant attack i guess

you've right.

I think maybe you've been checking out too much H.R Giger work....

you've right too, i like this artist for a long time. i don't like everything about is works, but mixing human and metallic part, dark atmosphear are great.

and as i said, the bol... are not glued, so an other view of it :

http://www.warmania.com/galerie/data/media/34/face_1_principale_version_2.jpg

and a scale amongst game workshop range :

http://www.warmania.com/galerie/data/media/34/taille_1.jpg

thanks for comment.

devolutionary
01-09-2006, 12:48
It's very primitive isn't it? I can see pictograms on tribal temples portraying such a monster. It works, but it doesn't look natural, as has been pointed out. While theoreically sound (and anatomically, I guess), they do just look glued on.

SpikeyFreak
01-09-2006, 13:04
It would be awesome were it not for the testicles. The penis might even be okay by itself, but the testicles are just too huge and something that the vast majority of species don't have. It's a mammalian trait to keep sperm from getting too hot and dying, and it really looks dumb on the model to me.

Other than that it looks awesome.

--Mixed Up Spikey

unclejimbo827
01-09-2006, 13:15
Lose the balls.

monkey child
01-09-2006, 13:18
It Does look a bit "Buster Gonad" I`d ditch the nuts, his appendage is OK as it comes off as a stinger of some sort to me any way at least.

HiveFleetEzekial
01-09-2006, 13:29
hey hey now.. (all seriousness aside :) ) carnefi have rights too!! no need to go around castrating them just because you don't agree with the poor missunderstood beastie! (lol)

(all jokes aside now though).. it does look like a bit of an erm... "oddball" being one of a kind, to have reprodctive organs. and hey, the new biovore released looks like it's 'missing' 2nd set of arms are holding 2 C or D sized mellons to it's body. maybe they'd make a nice pair, if the buyer's got a good sense of humor.

prophetus
01-09-2006, 13:34
hihi, i'll laughing to my death ^^ !

codex ordo xenos isn't out now, so xenobiologist couldn't prove the contrary ^^...

if the buyer's got a good sense of humor.

it's an free extra to the order, and as i know him, i think so.

thanks for comment.

BLZBOB
01-09-2006, 14:02
Well that piece of anatomy leaps to the fore, smirk worthy and distractes from the rest of the model. I can hear the battlecries now "Aim for the nuts men, its our only hope"

Seriously that extra detracts from otherwise fine modelling, perhaps magentise it fr the client if they really want it?

Nemesis Inferno
01-09-2006, 14:09
It looks great neutered... Although I am interested as to what colours the balls would be painted...Armour-plating perchance? ;)

Coat please...

DarkstarSabre
01-09-2006, 14:20
It looks better without the wang.

Seriously, as nice and feral as the beastie is having a massive xeno wang waving about seriously puts people off the model.

BLZBOB
01-09-2006, 15:58
It looks great neutered... Although I am interested as to what colours the balls would be painted...Armour-plating perchance? ;)

Coat please...

Nah Brass gotta be brass. Coin a new saying from that one as well, Valhallan guardsmen stemming the living tide hear a clunk "cold enough to freeze the nuts of a brass carnie"

Hmmm think I had better get my coat too.

prophetus
01-09-2006, 16:02
it's just spoilt by the crotch cannon.

what do you mean ? don't sure to have understand.

but please leave it as a removable extra

i do it as a free extra sculpting part, my buyer will glue or stick a magnet as he want. sure that i'll follow the painting job and this extra...

thanks

tzeentchgiant
01-09-2006, 16:05
what do you mean ? don't sure to have understand.I just mean in my opinion, it might look a bit better without the balls etc.

i do it as a free extra sculpting part, my buyer will glue or stick a magnet as he want. sure that i'll follow the painting job and this extra...

thanksThat's good, there may be some circumstances I wouldn't want people to see those in.

TG

chris_valera
01-09-2006, 16:46
Don't listen to the haters - that is a fantastic piece of work, even with the genitals.

My only advice would be for them to hang lower, take a look at Michalangelo's David, or other classic nude works for example.

Still, a top-noth bit of modelling. Why you're doing custom converting work instead of sculpting and casting your own figures from scratch is beyond me.

--Chris

Brush your teeth
01-09-2006, 17:33
very nice model, but please for the good of all things 40k. remove the penis

Steel_Legion
01-09-2006, 17:34
the sculptings good, very damn good, and its "creative" i just think alot of people will not approve of a giant cari with a giant... yeah... say in store etc, so its a little risky, but certainly different, i will give you that

Sandlemad
01-09-2006, 18:21
Stick with the package.:) It will be about the last thing opponents would expect. With that thing staring them in the face, whatever grasp of battle plans they had will disappear within seconds.
And then imagine if you were a guardsman staring up at that.:p Even if you survived, you be plagued by feelings of insignificance for the rest of your life.

Seeing as it's a free extra, fair play to you. I know I'd appreciate that thing coming with my model. Seriously, it shows you have a sense of humour and, combined with the good modelling skills, enhances your rep through word of mouth.
"You won't believe what my new carnifex came with..."

Codpiece aside, that is a fine model. I really like what you've done with the scything talons. The way you used the gun barrels as replacements to extend the arms really adds to how fast it looks and does hark back to the original carni.
The blades on the hooves are a nice touch but I'm not so sure about the one on the head. Also, are you going to be sculpting the lashwhips tendrils?

prophetus
01-09-2006, 18:24
Still, a top-noth bit of modelling. Why you're doing custom converting work instead of sculpting and casting your own figures from scratch is beyond me.

long time ago, this idea was discuss between people of a french forum. i know casting and how to cast, but it' not my priority and target for the moment.
and i could do again this mini.

i'm generally doing a multi parts mini, so usefull for casting, first for the buyer and the shipping, no risk of broken, and secondly, the buyer could glue what he want before painting.

http://www.warmania.com/galerie/data/media/34/multi_part.jpg

on this picture, multi parts are not finish, but illustrate what i mean.

Don't listen to the haters

^^... thanks for the advise.

and its "creative"

thanks a lot.

the second order is on the picture above :

http://www.warmania.com/galerie/data/media/34/Copie_de_comparaison_carni_prince.jpg

there is a snowing aspect, but i'm waiting about my webmaster about a new website, and till it's not finish, no picture.

i just think alot of people will not approve of a giant cari with a giant... yeah... say in store etc, so its a little risky, but certainly different, i will give you that

the buyer is a friend of me, and it will be used during little tournament and at the club, people of it is very open and have humor.

but if he use it at a GW tournament, i don't care, it's his responsability...

thanks for comment.

edit :

And then imagine if you were a guardsman staring up at that

i know what i will happen in his mind ... just see !

http://www.warmania.com/galerie/data/media/34/taille_2.jpg

Seeing as it's a free extra, fair play to you

for me, it was made with "end" of green stuff, it was very pleasant and with this sort of extra, i improve my skill.

"You won't believe what my new carnifex came with..."

hihi...

The way you used the gun barrels as replacements to extend the arms really adds to how fast it looks and does hark back to the original carni.

i'm french, so sometime, it's quite difficult to understand sense of the word, sorry.
i haven't used anything about sprue with gun, only for the strangler for doing what everybody is talking about ^^...
so ?

Also, are you going to be sculpting the lashwhips tendrils?

euh... what are you meaning ?

RampagingRavener
01-09-2006, 20:08
He means are you going to be adding a layer of greenstuff over the flesh hooks coming out of the chest?

Yea, its a fantastic peice of work, no doubt about that. But, I can't say I'm a fan of the dangly bits... :p

UnRiggable
01-09-2006, 22:27
your girlfriend may not take that to kindly. It's a fantastic model (nominate it for Firebase) IF and only if you lose the frontal tail.

prophetus
02-09-2006, 00:10
He means are you going to be adding a layer of greenstuff over the flesh hooks coming out of the chest?

noway, regarding the bol*** that are extra of the order, the flesh hook are the three multi parts of the model.
first, for the shipping, i don't want that the job arrive "broken", secondly, it's my view about their position. my buyer will glue it how what he want.
the holes are drilled, it's not an obligation to glue, and he could use them regarding his codex army during a battle or not.

jansenm
02-09-2006, 07:06
I really like it
the lil bow wows looks a lil gross but
I like it too

tagsta
02-09-2006, 11:05
excellent conversion.. but get rid of the balls :D

Sandlemad
02-09-2006, 13:01
i'm french, so sometime, it's quite difficult to understand sense of the word, sorry.
i haven't used anything about sprue with gun, only for the strangler for doing what everybody is talking about ^^...

Sorry mate, by gun, I meant the strangler, I just didn't know which nid gun it was.
And yeah, by greenstuff the lashwhip tendrils, I meant put a layer of greenstuff over the wire coming out of the chest.

The snowed out monster looks interesting. Particularly around the head and weapons. Looking forward to seeing it.:)

Rabid Bunny 666
02-09-2006, 14:01
Nott oo keen on the flesh boner, but the rest is Awesome.

self biased
02-09-2006, 16:08
while to each their own, i do hope you're going to do more with the package than just stick it on as is. you've a wonderfully sculpted and converted model and to just stick anything, be it a ballsack, fleshooks, or just spikeybits to any model makes the whole attempt look amateurish.

that being said, i think i prefer it without the gonads at this point. if you manage to actually sculpt them on at some point, then we'll have to see. but leave them off. tyranids have classically been insect and reptile based models, and the sex organs of said animals are generally internal.

Aquilla
02-09-2006, 18:46
A very interesting model.
Very well sculpted.

CRasterImage
02-09-2006, 22:40
I agree with those who say that you should drop the sex organs. They don't fit the fluff-science.

If you are itching to do something like that, I suggest making a Daemon Prince of Slaanesh. A large, menacing sex organ would fit in that case. Both in terms of fluff and art.

Wintermute
03-09-2006, 09:54
May I remind you all WarSeer is a family friendly forum and we ask all posters to ensure their posts are suitable for a PG-13 audience.

In order to keep this thread within our guidelines I have deleted an number of the more off-colour, rude or spammy posts.

The next person who ignores WarSeer's Posting Guildelines will be punished according to our rules.

Wintermute
The WarSeer Inquisition