PDA

View Full Version : new Forgeworld Tallarns

Rabid Bunny 666
23-06-2005, 11:18
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog/QUATERMASTERS_STORE_NEW_STUFF__11.html
they're here, pricey though

sigur
23-06-2005, 11:32
I like them; they look very much like the original Tallarns.

But....what's that below? Inferno cannon for Dreads?! Another IG weapon being stolen by those Marines? :mad:

FoolsJourney
23-06-2005, 11:42
I like the Tallarn teams, but a little disappointed that there isn't a little more variation in the figures, like there was with the drop troops. You'd really need to mix and match some of the other Tallarn figures with them.

Very nice though, and not too badly priced (by FW standards), considering it's 9 quid for a normal single heavy weapon team.

Anvils Hammer
23-06-2005, 12:13
drool.. i love that inferno cannon so much..

i would buy two of them and stick tehm in a leman russ turret on top of a chimera to make the worlds most bad ass chimera, i was planning to scratch built somthing very similar and i probable will.

charlie_c67
23-06-2005, 12:15
Interesting, wonder if those arms all linked to the taros campaign and will be explained in there.

malika
23-06-2005, 12:40
Those dreadnought weapons are strange...what is an assault drill?

rkunisch
23-06-2005, 12:43
Those dreadnought weapons are strange...what is an assault drill?
Oh, this is described in the newsletter as:

Itís design is intended for use against bunkers and other emplacements, where itís rotating drill would bore its way through the wall. Once the drill penetrates the defences the drill opens revealing a flamer nozzle, which when used in a confined space would be devastating to the defenders hidden inside.

Have fun,

Rolf.

Wolf Scout Ewan
23-06-2005, 12:56
Inferno cannon armed dreadnoughts?!?!?! Wahahahaa!!!!!

x-esiv-4c
23-06-2005, 12:58
Sweet, i'm a big fan of the new Tallarn IG produced by FW, one of the best things FW has ever produced IMHO

charlie_c67
23-06-2005, 13:09
Yipe, imagine drilling a hole then sticking the Inferno cannon in and letting rip :eek:
And it's not an idea nicked by the SM's cos it's a generic Imperial flamer that's the next step up from the Heavy Flamer.

x-esiv-4c
23-06-2005, 13:29
The questions is...whos bunker is the SM going to be busting?

charlie_c67
23-06-2005, 13:39
If it's linked to Taros, then the Tau. After all, for an army that primarily stands and shoots then you're gonna get bunkers or similar things.

boogle
23-06-2005, 13:39
a Tau one perhaps, the Tallarns aren't meant to be wide ranging, but we haven't seen the rest of them yet (supposedly a few more bits and bobs to round out the range), can't wait for the last few bits of the Elysians to see light as well (the rumoured Vets and Commissar as well as a variant infantry squad)

Xisor
23-06-2005, 14:57
For some reason I read the Inferno Cannon but *thought* it was going to be a Volcano Cannon, I'd thought :wtf: how did they get that on a dreadnought :eek:

I was mightily pleased to remember it was a type of flamer.

Tallarns are nice, I'm quite tempted to add a few of them into my hodge-podge IG collection(some Praetorians and Steel Legion, Enginseer and a Commissar)

Xisor

CaptainSicarius
23-06-2005, 16:26
Interesting, wonder if those arms all linked to the taros campaign and will be explained in there.

I remember someone saying there would be a FW campaign book about sieges, with all kinds of weird bunkerbusting stuff in it. It would make sense if these were some of the anti-bunker options. Although the book is supposed to be the fifth book from forgeworld (first jungles, if I'm not mistaken), so shouldn't be coming for quite some time :wtf:

x-esiv-4c
23-06-2005, 16:39
The Taros campaign is to go hand in hand with the next IA but when will that be out?

scopedog91
23-06-2005, 17:08
Some nice stuff in there.

Too bad about the Dreadie arms, more stuff that you need a Forgeworld rulebook for...

Bitches...

t-tauri
23-06-2005, 18:18
drool.. i love that inferno cannon so much..

i would buy two of them and stick tehm in a leman russ turret on top of a chimera to make the worlds most bad ass chimera, i was planning to scratch built somthing very similar and i probable will.
You could call it a Hellhound... ;)

Jedi152
24-06-2005, 09:29
Any news if there will be a standard tallarn squad or not? It seems odd that they have released HW teams first.

The lack of variation is annoying, but they look good so i'm not too bothered.

Keravin
24-06-2005, 09:36
Correspondence with FW on this thread http://www.portent.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4842 says no normal squads.

The boyz
29-06-2005, 11:53
Correspondence with FW on this thread http://www.portent.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4842 says no normal squads.

Oh thats a bit of a blow. I rather like the Tallarns and was hoping that FW would make a couple of resin squads or something. Thats a bit of a shame really.

Rincewind83
29-06-2005, 14:53
No normal squads? That's sad, I would love to see a squad armed with that Tallarn pattern lasgun that's on the base of the mortar teams.

x-esiv-4c
29-06-2005, 15:03
With Rincewind83, No regular squads? That seriously sucks doesn't it? I mean, how is someone going to make a Tallarn army? And the models that were produced so far have amazing potential.

charlie_c67
29-06-2005, 15:09
Yes shame on FW for remembering that GW still has metal Tallarns. :rolleyes:

t-tauri
29-06-2005, 15:46
Last GD they mentioned special weapons and snipers armed with the long Tallarn lasgun. That would still seem to allow them to come out as they aren't normal squads.

Ubik_Lives
29-06-2005, 17:51
If it's linked to Taros, then the Tau. After all, for an army that primarily stands and shoots then you're gonna get bunkers or similar things.

Well the Tau are all about mobile warfare. It states in their codex that while they do make bunkers, these are for either observation posts or defences against bombardment, rather than static defence.

Also the FW newsletter stated that the experimental rules would be made and posted up after the final touches to IA3 were done. A slightly better reason for why the new dread won't be linked to the Tau.

Rincewind83
29-06-2005, 18:59
Yes shame on FW for remembering that GW still has metal Tallarns. :rolleyes:

That's true, what I was trying to say is that I hoped for some updated Tallarns, not that having an army of them is impossible.