PDA

View Full Version : About the new Orc army box..

monkeyboyalpha
01-09-2006, 19:24
Has anybody noticed that the new Orc army box is priced at 145 on the online GW store, yet you can make the same box set up for 16 less by gettin a batallion box set and the extra stuff off mail order, but you don't get the special model Shaman?

Regards
MBA

Crube
01-09-2006, 19:26
heh, never resalised that...

Although the Ltd Ed Shaman is obviously only available in the big box, and you do get it a bot earlier, but still...:D

(as a thought, did you include the cost of the Army book?)

monkeyboyalpha
01-09-2006, 19:33
heh, never resalised that...

Although the Ltd Ed Shaman is obviously only available in the big box, and you do get it a bot earlier, but still...:D

(as a thought, did you include the cost of the Army book?)

I added it all up, codex included, in the orc army box you get 1 Gobbo hero, when I looked on the GW online store I could see the model used, but it's in a blister of 2 for £7, so I counted the 1 model as £7 and still ended up £16 cheaper, but without the special model Shaman. Bizarre!

Hahaha, I've put this post on the GW forum and they've locked it, guess they don't want people to know you can get of for £16 less....... tsk tsk tsk...

I know you get the army sooner than anyone else, still isn't really a reason to pay approx £16 more than you should do tho.

MBA

MadJackMcJack
01-09-2006, 19:58
Plus those 2 weeks can be spent painting the gobbos from Skull Pass

monkeyboyalpha
01-09-2006, 20:21
I'm not sure who to start up with again to be honest..

Dwarfs or Orcs..

The Orc book is inline with the new rules, but a lot of people think they've been dumbed down, not that had any bearin on me, I never did Orcs in the past, don't like the thought of startin an army that people think has been given a raw deal and might not be competative anymore...

A new Orc list based on the new book might be a bit outclassed seein as everyone else is still on old books with their army lists and access to wargear in tact and unchanged, unlike the new Orc book.

The Dwarfs are on their old book, but I was only really thinkin about usin Dwarfs due to their close combat ability and magic defence.

I don't know enough about Orcs, army composition, what Orcs go with which type of Gobbo etc.. so I'm goin to have to have a read of the book when it comes out, then decide...

MBA

Crube
01-09-2006, 20:24
Certainly have a read of both books, but bear in mind that although the Dwarfs are technically running on ver6 rules, their book has only just been released, and was developed with more than a nod to the new rules.

They should be just as competitive as the Orc & Gobbos...

Personally, I'm torn too. I have the Dwarf army box, but have always loved the sheer variation you can get with an O&G army. You can always have a unique army that can be real fun to play with and against, so you get to the stage where you dont care if you win or lose...:D

monkeyboyalpha
01-09-2006, 20:30
I've never been bothered about winnin, I'm no rules lawyer, just play for a laugh, so in that respect the Orcs are appealin, allways have been, money is an issue at the moment tho.

I'd have to look at what type of army you get with Skull Pass and either Dwarf batallion or Orc batallion boxsets.

Spose Orcs are easier to paint tho, too much of the same colour gets borin tho, like I found with my Dark Angels years ago, a bit of variety in the Dwarfs is ok I think.

MBA

Crube
01-09-2006, 20:38
Thing is, if you can come up with a quick way of painting the green, you're set. My problem is that I spend too long on each model, trying to get everything perfect...

zak
01-09-2006, 21:01
I thought that the army looked a tad expensive. I can't believe they blocked you on the GW site......well actually I can. So if you take the hero at 3.50 instead of 7 it's nearly 20 dearer. INCREDIBLE! Thats one hell of an expensive shaman and I prefered the other shaman model.

Crube
01-09-2006, 21:03
Makes me wonder if they'll do the same thing with the EMpire box... I hope not, as that's the one I really want. I mean REALLY want.

NOW

with the army book and Ltd Ed model and....

NOW Dag Nammit

Cpt. Drill
01-09-2006, 21:25
Can someone e-mail gamesworkshop and ask for their explination?

monkeyboyalpha
01-09-2006, 21:35
Don't think I'm slaggin em off, I'm not. I'm just pointin it out... If your gettin somethin out of that box set I'd like to know wot it is?

Like everythin in life, you look to see if you can get a better deal on somethin.

MBA