PDA

View Full Version : Tale of ... Gamers...

Overlord Krycis
01-09-2006, 19:48
Hoorah! its September the 1st...you know what that means...? The start of this Project...

This is the project log for the "Tale of ... Gamers" project that I, Dave is the Best and a few others (sorry folks I don't have your names) have decided to start.

This Project will follow the rules for the "TALE OF FOUR GAMERS" that featured in White Dwarf a little while back, but will be a 40K equivalent.

Basically, for those of you who don't already know, we will all start with about £50-60 at the start of the project to get our army under way and then spend £25-30 a month adding to it.
All models must be painted (or at least undercoated and on their way...) before new ones can be purchased, any battles you fight in with the army should, ideally, be reported (you don't need to do every one!:p ).
Also, you really should post a few pics of your army EVERY MONTH, that way we can see how its coming along and will alllow others to admire your work.

To post your Pictures/Conversions go HERE (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=930159#post930159)
To post your Battle Reports go HERE (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=932435#post932435)

Thats all for now...Folks...start your Armies....:D

Overlord Krycis

PS -Post a little about yourself below and what army you will be doing...
PPS -This has nothing to do with the Carnage Tale of X Gamers...this is one organised by myself and 'Dave is the Best'

dave is the best
01-09-2006, 20:04
hi my name is Dave

the first months budget was £50

Im doing Ultramarine 1st company.
I live in Gloucestershire (so if anyone wants a battle just pm and you can get included in a battle report).

you can ask me any questions and ill try to answer you queries.

DAVE

Overlord Krycis
01-09-2006, 20:09
Hey all!

My name is Damien.

The first Month's budget was indeed 50...so I bought myself the Tau Battleforce boxed set...no extra expenditure for me next month...:cries:

Anyway, playing as Tau as you may have guessed, with a mind to expand into a Farsight Enclaves force...

Expect to see MANY conversions and a Commander Farsight that looks a little different......

Crube
01-09-2006, 20:19
Can I make a suggestion guys...

I was involved in the WFB Tale of... that was run on here last time (and I won it too :D yay me :D) and the way the posts were organised seemed to work really well.

Each entrant sets up their own thread, ,with an appropriate title, which only htye post in. All their updates, piccies etc.

There is then a central discussion thread that outsiders can comment on work, offer support/encouragement/.derision...as they see fit.

This way, each army's progress is clear, and easy to follow, and each entrant can also link to their army in their sig...

Just a thought... good luck guys..

Overlord Krycis
01-09-2006, 21:43
Sounds like a good idea...I suggested something like that, but it just seems to be less hassle to do it this way.
I'll run it past everyone once they have replied to whether they are in or out.

Thanks for the advice.

Overlord Krycis

UnRiggable
01-09-2006, 22:11
How do you subscribe to a thread?

I definitely want to watch this one.

Dspankdo
02-09-2006, 06:45
hey I was just wondering if all the participants have all been set down in stone or could i join in

dave is the best
02-09-2006, 08:13
hey I was just wondering if all the participants have all been set down in stone or could i join in

you could join if you want just pm me

Dspankdo
02-09-2006, 11:10
I've had some communication with dave is best and I figured it would be ok if I put up what I'm doing and my purchases for this month.

Hi my name is dave also and I live in a little country called New Zealand at the ass end of the world.

2x Cadian kasrkins
1 Cadian kasrkin special weapons

Pictures in a few days when I can get arond to painting them. These will be apart of a daemonhunters force with grey knights allies and some of the cooler daemonhunter choices like choices like assasins and of coarse then infamous orbital strike.

Tooooon
02-09-2006, 11:38
Curiousity.... Can people still be a part of this groovy Tale of ... Gamers by any chance....? ;)

~Dave

Overlord Krycis
02-09-2006, 13:53
Sure...PM either Dave is the Best or myself so we know you're doing it...

dave is the best
02-09-2006, 16:29
anyone can join just pm me or overlord krycics

dave is the best
03-09-2006, 18:20
i have changed my mind and i plan to do a whole ultramarine terminatior company based on death wing for this month i will buy some ultra marine terminator shoulder pads and a box of terminators

bobert the great clen one
03-09-2006, 22:13
as far as i know yes

Overlord Krycis
04-09-2006, 21:08
I had a battle at the weekend with my Tau which I will post in the next few days...

Overlord Krycis
08-09-2006, 19:57
I've decided to make 2 more threads. These will be for Pictures/Conversions and Battle reports.
This thread will remain fo ranyone who wants to join to introduce themselves and to post what you bought for the month.

I've put a link to the Pictures/Conversions thread on the first post.

Rich 123
08-09-2006, 23:33
I really think it would be best to PM Lavfluris the evnt organiser if you want to enter. It isnt set in stone by any means who can enter and the more people the better.

He tried to talk me into it but I am way to busy with my marines for next year's carnage to be wanting to do another army instead of them!

You can find the info pack I made for this years Tale X Gamers detailing all the information, rules and guidelines for the event for anyone interested in entering from the Carnage Events (http://www.carnage-events.com/modules/news/) website.

It works msot easilly to keep each persons project in their own thread. Cookiescrumble has already started one in this same forum if you want to see the format that his has taken. It keeps things more simple and streamlined and alos allows people to keep track of any one army rather than a mish mash of all fo them - I know that I would prefer that as I am a slow modeller and my work would just get burried in amongst everyone else's.

Good luck with all your projects!
Dicky

McMullet
08-09-2006, 23:41
I think this is another ToXG thing. The Carnage one has its own stuff but this is a separate Tale organised by these guys.

You should really give this Tale a name to diffferentiate it from the Carnage one, because otherwise there will be some confusion. Well, there already is. ;)

Maybe "Dave and Krycis' Tale of 6 Gamers" or something?

UnRiggable
09-09-2006, 05:06
where are the battle reports and such going to be posted? what about army pics?

Overlord Krycis
10-09-2006, 10:05
Go to the first thread... I have posted separate threads for the 'Battle Reports' and 'Pictures and Conversions'....
I shall be posting 2 battle reports as soon as they are both written up properly. I shall also be posting my Army pics later today as well (I apologise in advance for them not being painted up, they were taken last week...)

Overlord Krycis

bobert the great clen one
10-09-2006, 18:03
hi my name is rob i live in dymchurch (kent)

my spending for this month included 1 box of greyknght termienators and 3 single blister ones

next month will include 2 boxes of normal greyknights

Overlord Krycis
13-09-2006, 11:09
Sweet...Grey Knights Force...
I have posted up some of the pics of my Tau Empire Army...They're not very good, but I will have better picsin a couple of weeks (fully painted and everything!).