PDA

View Full Version : my venture for the Greater Good

angry_elves
01-09-2006, 21:10
Hullo this is going to be my first 40k army i already have a very succesful 2000 point Wood Elf army

Theres one army that has caught my eye and thats Tau now i think that there are 2 big reasons that i have chosen Tau and they are

1. that the Tau are like the wood elves with thier Incredibly powerful and deadly shooting and they still have very moblie units
And
2. that the tau have large models and lots of they where as the wood elves dont.

I have a paint sceme and a very loose army list

Paint sceme
Base= equal amonts of red gore blood red and red ink
2nd stage = 50/50 blood red/red ink
3rd stage = pure blood red
4th stage = 70/30 blood red/blazing orange
5th stage = a final wash of red ink to take the orange out of the armour

if u have and suggestions ill take any thing:D

no-use4a-name
01-09-2006, 21:35
I don't have enough knowledge on 4th Ed. Tau to offer much help as far as the army list goes, sorry. I'd only be able to tell you what the few Tau players at my gaming club use.

Quick question, the armor is red but what color will the BDUs be? I've seen a red on red Tau paint scheme done really well. However, I'm more of a fan of "Table Pop". And, as a fan, I'd recommend a nuetral color like bone/tan or a light grey/ almost white. Also, have you given thought as to which environment they'll be fighting in?

Anyways, starting a new army can be hard work. Look to us for support.

angry_elves
01-09-2006, 22:02
BUDs? wat is that

no-use4a-name
01-09-2006, 22:24
Sorry 'bout that. BDU= Battle Dress Uniform.

KayvaanShrike
01-09-2006, 22:26
yeah basically the cloth bits on their legs an arms. You could try a darker red for the cloth and then a lighter red for the armour, or the other way round.

angry_elves
01-09-2006, 22:40
thanks for that i was thinking a light gray

fortress then codex final high light pure white

i just got a Tau xv8 crisis battlesuit

no-use4a-name
01-09-2006, 23:14
Word of advice. Paint the basic troops first and then treat yourself to one of the cool Battle Suits. This way you become more comfortable with the color scheme and it'll turn out better.