PDA

View Full Version : 40k: Unreal Tournament.

Hlokk
23-06-2005, 12:47
Right, this is something i've been developing while messing about with my friends, it makes a nice change from 2000pt games of 40k and the frankly incomprihensable 40k killteam rules.

Basically it works like this:

You will need:

2 x troops choices, 1 from one army, one from another, each cannot be more than 100 points.

Basically, you pick a troops choice up to 100 points in value or there abouts, so for guard it would be 1 basic infantry squad and a junior commander, for marines it would be either scouts or whatever. These troops choices are called "teams"

Each team gets 50 points of its unit upgrades and its' races wargear, including psychic powers and officer only equipment to give to its members. This includes:

Farseer only psychic powers
Terminator only weaponry
IG officer onyl wargear.

assign the wargear to the team, no more than 1 item per person, and then set up to play.

The basic mission objective is to kill everything in the other persons team before he kills everything in yours.

Makes a nice change and is quite a cool way to get to convert some cool looking minis,

Im sure these rules are open to abue in ways i cant even think of, but what do you reckon?

x-esiv-4c
23-06-2005, 13:01
Hehe, it's looks like fun but needs to be play-tested. I'll give it a go and tell you how it works.

nurgle_boy
23-06-2005, 17:26
seems a little 'kill team' ish

still it looks good. id up the the points to 100
you cant kit out much with only 50pts.

Hlokk
23-06-2005, 17:58
seems a little 'kill team' ish

still it looks good. id up the the points to 100
you cant kit out much with only 50pts.

I didnt like the whole idea of kill team, i mean, come on, rules its "okay" to break :wtf:

I just wanted something fast pased and still competitive.

Fair point on the 100 points thing tho, i reckon its worth upping it.

x-esiv-4c
23-06-2005, 19:05
Just shooting this out there: What about jacking up the wounds on everyone? I mean, UT was n't like counterstrike where one shot got you. Perhaps increase game length by increasing wound capacity universally.

plasmadaemon
23-06-2005, 20:46
maybe do the '100 health' thing. Each weapon if hits, takes away x amount of health.
and let's say models move 8/7 inches because in the UT2004, you move very fast.
or perhaps base the game on space hulk to represent the maps.

Great Harlequin
23-06-2005, 21:17
Don't forget about Adrenaline ;)
Maybe you could roll a D6 each turn and see what happens;

ie: Regeneration
Beserk
Invisibility
But on a roll of 1 the Adrenaline backfires (?) and wounds the figure.

plasmadaemon
23-06-2005, 21:24
backfiring?

no such thing :p

1-speed (fleet of foot)
2-berzerk (can fire on the movas though stationary, +1 shot for each weapon)
3-invisibility (d6 * 2 to see the target?)
4-booster (regain d66 of health)
5-pint sized (-1 bs to hit the dude)
6- camo combo (+1 armour save)

heh?

Rabid Bunny 666
23-06-2005, 21:56
UT and 40k should never cross, because... (http://www.deviantart.com/view/18279483/)

big squig
24-06-2005, 05:28
this sounds awful...you just shoot each other with no mission whats so ever...at least unreal has objecive points

Really, if ya wanna play something like this, just play kill team...endless possibilities with plenty of role play element.

plasmadaemon
24-06-2005, 07:46
UT and 40k should never cross, because... (http://www.deviantart.com/view/18279483/)

got 'em, they are prety damn hard to control and i've been beaten by a bot with that :cries:

you have to be stationary to fire the helious missile launcher
the lascannons recharge for like 10 seconds.