PDA

View Full Version : Interestng point re:Psych in 7th

Atrahasis
01-09-2006, 22:56
Chatting to a friend on MSN earlier, he raised the point of Psychology affecting all parts of a model.

How are the rules for psychology tests worded? Does this new rule result in a model having to take a test for each of its constituent parts?

Gorbad Ironclaw
02-09-2006, 07:29
No. It's still only one model, and only take one test.

Atrahasis
02-09-2006, 08:12
No. It's still only one model, and only take one test.

Thanks for that, really cleared it up. Do you have a quotation to support your assertion?

GodHead
02-09-2006, 08:14
"Immunity to Psychology or Panic, Hatred, Frenzy, Stubborn or Unbreakable. If either the rider or the steed is subject to any of these rules, the whole combined model is. This means that all of the parts of the model (a monstrous mount, or the crew and steeds pulling a chariot) are effected by these rules."

It's only the positive ones that effect both rider and mount.

Avian
02-09-2006, 11:27
How are the rules for psychology tests worded? Does this new rule result in a model having to take a test for each of its constituent parts?
What are you talking about? You take one test for the unit, not for each model or component part of a model.

DeathlessDraich
02-09-2006, 12:24
I'm guessing but I think Atrahasis might be referring to how psychology, works or has changed, in 7th for mixed units like a Stegadon or a frenzied character in a non- frenzied unit or vice versa or maybe stupidity in similarly composed units??
Present 6th ed rules has raised quite a few queries.
How clear are 7th - we'll find out soon...

Avian
02-09-2006, 13:00
I'm guessing but I think Atrahasis might be referring to how psychology, works or has changed, in 7th for mixed units like a Stegadon or a frenzied character in a non- frenzied unit or vice versa or maybe stupidity in similarly composed units??
I don't get it. There is no psychology test for Frenzy and having multiple models with Stupidity in one unit already occurs with nobody wondering how that works.
:confused:

DeathlessDraich
02-09-2006, 17:28
Words I used were: "how psychology works" not "how psychology tests works".
It's irrelevant anyway.
Case closed!:p

NakedFisherman
02-09-2006, 17:58
Chatting to a friend on MSN earlier, he raised the point of Psychology affecting all parts of a model.

No, both are affected but it's still only one test per model. No mention of parts for Stupidity, which is presumably why it's separated from other psychology under Mounts' Psychology.

NakedFisherman
02-09-2006, 22:50
Here's the full quote:

Stupidity. If either the rider or the steed suffer from Stupidity, test using the rider's Leadership -- both are affected if the test is failed. If both the rider and the steed suffer from Stupidity, test only once for both.

Atrahasis
02-09-2006, 23:21
They've got it covered then. Thanks for answering the question rather than damning the enquiry as stupid.

tenpole
03-09-2006, 01:25

The commander remained cool headed but he shat himself as his bowels failed the test.

NakedFisherman
03-09-2006, 01:43
The commander remained cool headed but he shat himself as his bowels failed the test.

Speaking of Stupidity...

Festus
03-09-2006, 07:40
Hi

Stupidity. If either the rider or the steed suffer from Stupidity, test using the rider's Leadership -- both are affected if the test is failed. If both the rider and the steed suffer from Stupidity, test only once for both.
...which is easily possible in 7th, as there is no more stupidity once in close combat.
This simplyfies things a fair bit.

Festus

heliodorus04
05-09-2006, 15:58
It's been a long while since I've played, but as I recall, if a Cold Ones rider was IN combat and suffered from stupidity, the mount didn't attack but the rider did. It sounds like under new rules, first, my Cold Ones wouldn't test for stupidity at the start of a round in which they were already in combat, but if they somehow got charged while suffering from Stupidity on the turn, no rider nor mount would attack. Is that correct?

Avian
05-09-2006, 16:02
Stupidity doesn't reduce your Attacks anymore, it just screws up your movement and makes you Immune to (some) Psychology.

Thus, even if you would take a Psychology test in close combat (which you don't) it would have no effect if you failed. ;)

Pravus
06-09-2006, 10:20
By the Sacred Comb-Over of Bobby Moore! That means my Knights of Khorne get 20 attacks ... I feel faint.

Gorbad Ironclaw
06-09-2006, 10:29
Thre question of if mounts gets an extra attack or not from frenzy is far from clear. Hopefully something there will be a Q&A on, but until then, there are arguments both for and against(personally I don't believe they do).

T10
06-09-2006, 12:16
As far as I can recall, mounts are affected by Frenzy if the rider is affected by Frenzy.

The only thing that was confusing was the wether the designers actually knew what they were doing.

Savage orc warboss on a Frenzied Wyvern? Odd.

-T10

Pravus
06-09-2006, 12:35
"Immunity to Psychology or Panic, Hatred, Frenzy, Stubborn or Unbreakable. If either the rider or the steed is subject to any of these rules, the whole combined model is. This means that all of the parts of the model (a monstrous mount, or the crew and steeds pulling a chariot) are effected by these rules."

Assuming that is a direct quote from the rules, it seems pretty unambiguous to me. Although i take T10's point about whether the designers knew what they were doing when they wrote it.

DeathlessDraich
06-09-2006, 12:46
It's more difficult for the rider or the mount only to be frenzied. If the rider only was frenzied then he would experience such a strong urge to pursue a fleeing unit that he would dismount and try to do so. Imagine the opposite. A frienzied mount has to pursue, while the rider is trying to restrain pursuit:p.
It won't happen in charges of course because the mount has a bigger movement

warlord hack'a
08-09-2006, 11:57
I think my savage orcs boar boyz will be dusted of aain, they were great in 5th ed, sucked in 6th and now with 2S5 boar attacks (on the charge) and the rules for fighting two combats in one round I think they will be fielded again very soon!