PDA

View Full Version : Easterlings, any good for a starter?

Madfool2
02-09-2006, 00:23
Im juggleing with the idea of learning LOTR, and i was wondering if Easterlings are any good for starting up.
Thanks.

lorelorn
02-09-2006, 04:00
Well, Easterlings are my starting army, but in my first game of LotR I played as Rohan versus Isengard.

As far as armies go, I would always say go with whatever army you like the look of most. Lord of the Rings is a fluid and easy to learn system, in my experience.

Maynard
20-09-2006, 19:37
Easterlings are a very good army to start with especialy for evil.
Reasons;
1.They are the only evil army with heavy cav.
2.They have a very nice special rule regarding their Halberds.
3.Unlike evil armies in general(orcs/goblins/uruks) they have excellent armour and are more akin to Minas Tirith than Evil
4.Like all Evil armies they can take big evil things like trolls and also fun things like Shamans. And they're a very flavourable army.

That's just what I think.

Pertinax
20-09-2006, 19:54
They are also, as a starting army, not the most numerous, and thus quick to paint. They are not the most challenging to paint (although I've seen quite a few that have been overly poorly painted).

And above all, their troops are pretty no-brainers as to what roll they fulfil on the table, and how to use them.

(The above comment is not intended to be offensive or inflamatory, purely obersvation on my behalf).